Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Grapettes tourney...

by lvtwft » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:24 am

First big tourney in Nor-Cal for 12u/14u (if the weather holds :? ).
The winners are..?????
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by Insighter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am

lvtwft wrote:First big tourney in Nor-Cal for 12u/14u (if the weather holds :? ).
The winners are..?????

Boy ! Sure like to know how they draw teams for Pool play,
a couple seem to be out in left field somewhere……. I'm sure their fair :o :lol: :lol:
Insighter

by Iluvblue » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Fair?? What the heck is fair?

If im the teams in that 1 bracket (I wont say witch one as we know all teams have an equal shot to win this tournament and are all strong) I would be jumping up and down with that draw.

they get to have good quality games on Saturday, exactly like you want.

I just might make it our for those early games.
Iluvblue

by Hamstring » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Fair?? What the heck is fair?

If im the teams in that 1 bracket (I wont say witch one as we know all teams have an equal shot to win this tournament and are all strong) I would be jumping up and down with that draw.

If you're talking the 12's the pools are favorable for some and always end up this way. I'm sure that they do their best to grap the top 8 from HEY BUCKET and keep them all in different pools to keep it level but not always the case.

Pool A looks very Favorable to a certain team there but most likely 3-0 will be the result there.
Pool B anyones game all are 2-3 players away..winner will be 1-1-1.
Pool C No Brainer..very favorable for a certain team..3-0
Pool D Some teams would love this pool...easy pickings...winner will be 2-1 with tie breaker deciding the #1
Pool E Everyone is alreay thinking Breeze 97 will rip through it but will face Stars..if they show up will fight. Look to see #1 vs #1 throwing. Winner will be 2-1
Pool F Aside from StrikeZone(have not seen yet this year) all others are tough, not your watered down pool. Winner will be 2-1 with a tie breaker deciding it. Will be a nice #1 vs #1 throwing this game.

In my opinion pool F is the toughest followed by Pool E.

Games to watch Breeze 97 vs Stars 12:45 A3 and Sting vs Lady Magic at 3:45.

But.......rain is on the way for Sunday...treat Saturday like it is Sunday!

As for the 14', going to be a tough call with the HS girls still playing and some 12's playing up.

Drive carefully folks. 8-)
Hamstring

by arunner2 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Hamstring wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:Fair?? What the heck is fair?

If you're talking the 12's the pools are favorable for some and always end up this way. I'm sure that they do their best to grap the top 8 from HEY BUCKET and keep them all in different pools to keep it level but not always the case.

Pool A looks very Favorable to a certain team there but most likely 3-0 will be the result there.
Pool B anyones game all are 2-3 players away..winner will be 1-1-1.
Pool C No Brainer..very favorable for a certain team..3-0
Pool D Some teams would love this pool...easy pickings...winner will be 2-1 with tie breaker deciding the #1
Pool E Everyone is alreay thinking Breeze 97 will rip through it but will face Stars..if they show up will fight. Look to see #1 vs #1 throwing. Winner will be 2-1
Pool F Aside from StrikeZone(have not seen yet this year) all others are tough, not your watered down pool. Winner will be 2-1 with a tie breaker deciding it. Will be a nice #1 vs #1 throwing this game.

In my opinion pool F is the toughest followed by Pool E.

Games to watch Breeze 97 vs Stars 12:45 A3 and Sting vs Lady Magic at 3:45.

But.......rain is on the way for Sunday...treat Saturday like it is Sunday!

As for the 14', going to be a tough call with the HS girls still playing and some 12's playing up.

Drive carefully folks. 8-)

Nice job " Hamstring " ;)
arunner2

by ThreeDDs » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Some dads would cry about a tough bracket on Saturday and others would say bring it on.

In my opinion these local tournaments are “stepping stones” getting your team ready for Metros and Nationals. Although we all get caught up in it every weekend once they flip the coin and seem to forget that. But after tempers cool and the blue cup is full it all becomes clear again. If you want a trophy every weekend go play NSA or USSSA tournaments for that.

One wrong move on Sunday can send you home after 1:15 minutes there kicking yourself all the way home asking the, “what if” questions. This is 10x’s worse if you rolled right through Saturday going 3-0 playing crappy teams not really earning you #1 Seed.

I would rather be on pool F in this case and only hope that the Strike Zone is a tougher team so the my DD’s team can get 3 quality games in Saturday instead of one kind of sort of tough game and two games of Bugs Bunny Vs. That Crusher Guy going around the bases like the conga-line. This does nothing for the team beating the daylights out of the team other team and only tells the beat up team they are not quite ready for A ball yet.

At the end of Saturday’s pool play it looks like Sting will have had the best workout for their team getting a few good games in under their belt and with the rain possibly spoiling Sunday will have gained from it regardless of the record at the end of the day.

Play Saturday like it’s Sunday says it all!

Please remember the goal…Nationals.
ThreeDDs

by arunner2 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Right on !! another good write-up " ThreeDDs " ;)
arunner2

by fatcat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Hamstring wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:Pool E Everyone is alreay thinking Breeze 97 will rip through it but will face Stars..if they show up will fight. Look to see #1 vs #1 throwing. Winner will be 2-1

i think pool E is up for grabs... i don't see the EC hotshots getting a lot of love here, but they're bringing some pretty good game. they won't be knocked out easily.

the stompers are a younger team, but they're pretty srcappy and might surprise a few.
fatcat

by lvtwft » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Top 14U games to watch on Saturday...

NV Lightning-V vs. Fresno Force-R 6:45
Fresno Force-R vs.Breeze 96 2:15
SJ Sting vs. Breeze 96 9:45 am (Does Sting have their ace? )
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by Fanboy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Anybody know why Grapes Norwood decided to play up for this tourney. Looks like there's plenty of comp to be had. It would have been nice to see where they stack up with some of the better 12u teams. Oh well, maybe next time.
Fanboy

Next

Return to NorCal