Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Top NorCal tournaments for 2010

by lvtwft » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:28 pm

12/14/16 age group.
What are the ones that you think should be the tops for the region this year??
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by Giantfan » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Force Classic has best draw for 12/14
Salinas's March Mayhem last year had a very good draw in the same age group also.
Last edited by Giantfan on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giantfan

by lvtwft » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:37 pm

I know it is exciting to pick the best teams out there, but I am going for the tournaments...

Like Fresno Force for 12/14

R R gold memorial for all three..
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by happyfeet » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:10 am

What 12u teams did you watch?...It should be Sorcerer..Lady Magic..SJ Sting..AASA-M...then all the rest...but the question was which tournaments are the best.
happyfeet

by NCal123 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 am

The Fresno Force Tourney for 12/14 has proven to be the biggest draw for a single event this side of Bakersfield.

After that it can be pretty much be divided up on any given weekend between the Grapettes and RR tourneys that are sprinkled throughout the spring until the big ones on MM Day and the June Classic (Grps).

Of course the NorCal Metros are big out at Twin Creeks and probably likewise for GSA.

After that all others are fairly small or diluted with a lot of weaker teams.

Occasionally you will get a good draw and decent teams down at one of the Salinas Tourneys when they host Triple Crown Events.

Santa Maria Triple Crown next month draws well but gets rained out every other year. Dont know what the draw looks like this year but if you go you have to have dinner at Jocko's. The best double cut ribeye I have ever had. Was tempted to take the long way to LA a couple of times last fall just to have dinner there.
NCal123

by lvtwft » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Any of the ASA out of Folsom/Lincoln area will be very good(Ybarra or DeGeorge)?

Or perhaps DF softballs?

Rainbow fields??

USSSA?

Field of Dreams in Manteca or Redding?

I know they have not been any this year, perhaps go off last years turn out??

Then does any team from the north have a chance in Fresno?? 12/14?

Then any younger 14's have a chance in the memorial tourney for R&R??
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by dittoz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Based on prior postings, it almost seems there is a mass-exodus of SorCal teams from the Fresno Force tourney this year. I'm sure it'll still be good, but not like times past...

In NorCal, DF tournaments often tend to be less competitive teams as compared to the Grapettes and R/R tournies. Same thing goes with Big League Dreams. ASA seldom if ever plays there it seems - usually more the u-trip and NSA crowd. Nothing against any of those teams; every competes in their own group! In Nor Cal, the best teams definitely still play ASA and R/R IFA, so those will be the place to look for the best gatherings in general.

As to which specific tournament?

~Fresno Force Classic still is probably #1 for the 12's and 14's
~Grapettes and R/R have the Memorial Day-related tournies and usually draw the bigger guns well

Gary and Keith are both consistent with Sac-area ASA tournies, but the level of competition is usually a bit lower than the Stockton area ones.
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by style » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:06 pm

I don't know if you guys have noticed but the force classic won't be that good this year with all the good team going to LA to play in the socalsfinest tournament, check it out
style

Return to NorCal