Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Well Well, the old Witches up to their old tricks!!

by GoldTBfan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 am

TopHat wrote:STING TAPPED AGAIN

Since there are no rosters or rules, there will be a lot more of this throughout the year

Since the beginning of travel ball, teams have adjusted rosters after the fall season.

Teams usually don't steal players; players leave teams because they weren't satisfied with their old team.
If a player is good enough. it's her parents choice as to where their daughter plays. Why wouldn't they want their daughter to play for the best team in the area.

Sorcerer continually gets good players because good players want the challenge of playing with the best. It's already been said that they have good coaches, they get good field placement at showcase tournaments and their players get signed.

My daughter is long removed from travel & college ball but I still enjoy the game. These complaints about players leaving one team for another are as old as the game. If you don't want to lose players, build something that will make them want to stay.
GoldTBfan

by watcher » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:19 am

GoldTBfan wrote:
TopHat wrote:STING TAPPED AGAIN

Since there are no rosters or rules, there will be a lot more of this throughout the year

Since the beginning of travel ball, teams have adjusted rosters after the fall season.

Teams usually don't steal players; players leave teams because they weren't satisfied with their old team.
If a player is good enough. it's her parents choice as to where their daughter plays. Why wouldn't they want their daughter to play for the best team in the area.

Sorcerer continually gets good players because good players want the challenge of playing with the best. It's already been said that they have good coaches, they get good field placement at showcase tournaments and their players get signed.

My daughter is long removed from travel & college ball but I still enjoy the game. These complaints about players leaving one team for another are as old as the game. If you don't want to lose players, build something that will make them want to stay.

DING DING DING DING, We have a winnaaaaaaaaa
watcher

by ssarge » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 am

I don't know how this could be said any better. Well done.
ssarge

by TopHat » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Oh, well I do. It could address my actual point, which was that there are no roster rules to prohibit even switching rosters on game day or trading them team to team depending on who is doing what on what week.

So, as a random example, you could go to your end-of-year tournament with your ace. Phil could like her style and steal her by offerning her free stuff. So teams better REALLY make sure they have a great organization.

Right Phil?

So I agree with you also GoldTB fan!

Very well said.
TopHat

by whystealthem » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:16 pm

There's a big difference in going from one team to another. If you are not committed to that team, so be it. If you are, then shame on you for leaving. The coaches that STEAL players like this are sending a wonderful message to their own players. That message is ,"we are not good enough with you in circle". Just shows that the all mighty are having problems attracting talent like everyone else. No integrity with the witches! WIN WIN WIN!! No matter what the cost!
whystealthem

by GSB » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:28 pm

How exactly does a team steal a player? Still trying to figure this out. By 14U many teams offer incentives, ie..free dues, start up or travel expenses to at least a few players. This has been going on from the dawn of time. If you really wanted to keep this kid and she was happy on the team, all you needed to do was match the offer to keep her.

Sounds to me like it was not a case of a stolen player. More a case of a team letting a good player slip through their fingers.
To each their own.
GSB

by Goldball4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Why steal them? They have 6-7 pitchers already. Someone will be screwed like a couple were last year on our team!! Including mine!! They don't tell anyone they're doing it, and if you want to leave, they say leave. This kid is no better than what we have now. Damn shame they don't just bring it up to everyone first. So, then we can look for another spot!
Goldball4

by GoldTBfan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:24 pm

I just looked at the Sorcerer roster; yes, it appears that they are loaded.

I did notice that they are fielding two teams from their roster. Three quality pitchers per team is not too many, especially when they are in different grades. I wouldn't be to concerned about playing time until the rosters are split.

It says that Phil is going to manage both teams; if this is true then I think that both teams will be very high quality. Team Blue needs to qualify, so they will need to be very good, that is where pitching depth becomes critical. it's about time that he let his coaches coach the games and he manage the teams. If the plan is for both teams to attend the same tournaments, except some qualifiers, then Phil could oversee both teams, network with college coaches and buld a truely great program.

As I said earlier, good players enjoy the challenge of competing with and against quality players. It looks as if this could be a great position for most good players.

Time will tell how this works out.

*No I'm not a Sorcerer coach or a parent. Just a parent of a former D1 college player, who heard a lot of these same allegations years ago. When you get to college your daughter better to be ready to compete for a position or else she won't be playing, regardless of what she/you may think or may have been told.
Last edited by GoldTBfan on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoldTBfan

by Goldball4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Couldn't have been said better by a Sorcerer parent, or coach! How does this situation get better, the whole blue staff(Pete's team) quit after years dealing. Pete goes to the Grapes to be closer to home? Uh Huh, and Wayne decided to just take some time off also. Hmmm, let's just say it was time. Pete is too good for this organization. Stealing? Really no such thing. But if this kid was committed, then it is just plain classless!
Goldball4

by whystealthem » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Now girl from Sorcerers leaves to go to the Grapes? No loyalty anywhere, well maybe to Pete. I don't know why I used so much stupid energy thinking about this subject. PARENTS are too blame , plain and simple. Not another word from me about anyone on this subject, and I apologize to those I offended! From what I see on these rosters, not much moving around nor new players coming in. Should be a fun summer.
whystealthem

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal