Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

USA Umpires - Very Bad!

by playeradvocate1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 am

12u Metros this past weekend at Lembi - Wow! What a horrible experience. Umpiring was atrocious, fields NEVER dragged between games, nor watered. I think all the competent umpires have gone to PGF. Any comments?
playeradvocate1

by Hinky » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:44 am

what was worse the fields or the umpires? which would you rather have better fields or better umpires? I would pick better umpires. seems there's a percentage of bad calls in all sports.
As for asa vs pgf umpires imo all venues get some bad calls, at least they get spread out :)

*pgf so cal qualifier 16u
had some doozies!!!
Hinky

by eclipse09 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 am

14u pgf qualifier they were not dragging fields at Winchester and they didn't even redo the foul lines (only the batter's box).

Most of the umps were fine except there was one who seemed to not call a strike down the middle. At least he called it for both sides. ;)
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 am

Given a choice, I prefer safer fields. Give the infielders a predictable path to the ball and prevent injuries. Have fields dragged and watered. Let the offense make bad umpires a non-factor.
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Bsm33 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:53 pm

It was very bad! I told multiple people this is the reason good teams don’t play USA softball in NorCal. We had a umpire say if the girl is bunting she isent required to pull the bat back if it’s a ball, she only needs to not move the bat to the ball to make it a strike. You can’t argue with stupid so the game went on. The fields never got watered and it was hot and windy so that became a factor, plus the fields never got dragged. I guess if you want the fields dragged do it ourselves. Or even better don’t play Her crappy tournaments.
Bsm33

by Stealing Home » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 pm

that is the correct call/rule - read the rule book. The pitch either needs to be strike, or there needs to be an "attempt". It's not baseball - bat does not need to come back if there is no attempt and the pitch is NOT a strike.

Bsm33 wrote:It was very bad! I told multiple people this is the reason good teams don’t play USA softball in NorCal. We had a umpire say if the girl is bunting she isent required to pull the bat back if it’s a ball, she only needs to not move the bat to the ball to make it a strike. You can’t argue with stupid so the game went on. The fields never got watered and it was hot and windy so that became a factor, plus the fields never got dragged. I guess if you want the fields dragged do it ourselves. Or even better don’t play Her crappy tournaments.
Stealing Home

Return to NorCal