Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Pitching speeds

by rbi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:35 pm

I remember two years ago at 12U nationals in Bama, there was all this talk about a Texas pitcher who threw 60+. Well the time came that we faced "this" team the Kruzers in bracket play, she threw hard i will give them that, 60mph? idk not too many guns floating around at a 12U nationals, but good hitters love when a pitcher trys to blow it by you, she didnt make it thru the third...
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:34 am

ice_67 wrote: You know better than that... There's no mound in softball. :)

Dammit, you got me!!! :D

touche!
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ice_67 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 pm

anonlooker wrote:I went to ASA Turkey this past weekend, watched all three PS pitchers, and while they seemed dominant vs '96 teams, that wasn't much of a surprise. Going to be another story when they go up against decent '95 teams who have seen plenty of kids throwing mid to high 50's.

Also had a chance to listen to a group of '96 coaches (not PS coaches) mythologizing the PS pitching staff with numbers in the low 60's... , maybe as an excuse for their own team's failure to produce against the PS kids? :lol:

I kind of like the sound of that. Wait a minute....is mythologizing really a word?
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by anonlooker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 pm

ice_67 wrote:
anonlooker wrote:I went to ASA Turkey this past weekend, watched all three PS pitchers, and while they seemed dominant vs '96 teams, that wasn't much of a surprise. Going to be another story when they go up against decent '95 teams who have seen plenty of kids throwing mid to high 50's.

Also had a chance to listen to a group of '96 coaches (not PS coaches) mythologizing the PS pitching staff with numbers in the low 60's... , maybe as an excuse for their own team's failure to produce against the PS kids? :lol:

I kind of like the sound of that. Wait a minute....is mythologizing really a word?

Think so... but may have mythspelled it. ;)
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by 2fatoverdaplate » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:17 pm

artomatic wrote:I figured there would be the "60mph" claims, there always is...

I think more realistic speeds are:

12u - socal: average speeds is 48-52, very rarely a little higher.
Yes, once in a blue moon, there is a kid that can bring it.

14u - 50 to 56, occassionally a kid will hit 60, but very, very rarely.

16u - see sftbll4ever's post.

Forgive me for repeating myself, but I like to compare the claims of a kid's speed and the actual speed to your gross wage and your net wage after taxes on your paycheck...

I'm sorry, but if a 12u team has 2 kids hitting near 60, they will walk away with the national championship.

So many times I hear the "this kid throws 60's" claim, and then I see the kid and it's the usual, mid fifties.
Ok, so maybe a kid hit 58 one time on a windy day running up to the mound and letting it rip....but that's not reality...

flame away...

DIDO THAT!
But you left out the kid that throws 58 in 12u with 7 pitches and they all look the same except for the changeup. Give me a freakin' break!
2fatoverdaplate

by Skarp » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:52 pm

2fatoverdaplate wrote:DIDO THAT!

I like her song "Thank You"...Eminem sampled it at one point, I think...
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 2fatoverdaplate » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Skarp wrote:
2fatoverdaplate wrote:DIDO THAT!

I like her song "Thank You"...Eminem sampled it at one point, I think...

And DIDA that! :D :D :lol: :lol:
2fatoverdaplate

Previous

Return to NorCal