Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Happy Beer Day!!!!!!!!

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:48 am

jonriv

by PDad » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:52 pm

It's also National Burrito Day, so enjoy both together since they're infrequently on the same date.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:09 pm

PDad wrote:It's also National Burrito Day, so enjoy both together since they're infrequently on the same date.

This is a NE'er idea of a burrito:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by PDad » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 pm

as the world turns wrote:
PDad wrote:It's also National Burrito Day, so enjoy both together since they're infrequently on the same date.

This is a NE'er idea of a burrito: ...

No, NE'ers actually call that chop suey.

Here's a NE'er burrito:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:17 pm

PDad wrote:

Here's a NE'er burrito:

:lol: bwahaha
Is the can's paper label used as the tortilla?
as the world turns

by jonriv » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:43 am

PDad wrote:

Here's a NE'er burrito:

Only a Californian would try to ruin Beer day :D

Canned food-what do you think this is the midwest????

Certainly have seen, had and made "real" burritos??? but I thought "true" burritos com from Texas(not California???) Also getting culinary abuse from those that have never had a true Bagel or Slice of pizza(due to that dreadful)liquid you call water there) I find quite amuzing :D :D :D :D
jonriv

by as the world turns » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:40 am

jonriv wrote:
PDad wrote:

Here's a NE'er burrito:

Certainly have seen, had and made "real" burritos??? but I thought "true" burritos com from Texas(not California???) Also getting culinary abuse from those that have never had a true Bagel or Slice of pizza(due to that dreadful)liquid you call water there) I find quite amuzing :D :D :D :D

Ruin beer day??? Nah, this is fun :lol:

Everyone knows that best East Coast pizza and bagels are located in NY, not CT. Just because Mystic Pizza is Connecticuters' favorite chick flick does not make CT pizza the best :lol: This may be surprising, but I have been to NY several times and have been to many fine pizza establishments, and no doubt, they are pretty good, but I think the best pizza I have had is in Chicago.

Btw, we don't drink water in CA, we drink beer and other spirits :ugeek:
as the world turns

by PDad » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:57 pm

jonriv wrote:Canned food-what do you think this is the midwest???? There's no difference in this regard.

Certainly have seen (in pictures), had (where?) and made "real" burritos??? (nuking a frozen burrito in the microwave doesn't count :lol: ) but I thought "true" burritos com from Texas(not California???)

You thought wrong, again...

Before the development of the modern burrito, the Mesoamerican peoples of Mexico used tortillas to wrap foods, with fillings of chili peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, squash, and avocados.[5] The Pueblo people of the Southwestern United States also made tortillas with beans and meat sauce fillings prepared much like the modern burrito.[6]

The precise origin of the modern burrito is not specifically known. However, it is most usually acknowledged as having originated in the United States within the Mexican American community. Some have speculated that it may have originated with vaqueros in northern Mexico in the nineteenth century.[5][7] Many have traced its roots to the farmworkers of the fields in California's Central Valley, in Fresno and Stockton;.[8] Farmworkers that picked many of the Central Valley's agriculture would prepare luncheons in the fields, which consisted of homemade flour tortillas, beans and salsa picante or hot sauce.
In 1923, Alejandro Borquez opened the Sonora cafe in Los Angeles, which later changed its name to the El Cholo Spanish Cafe.[11] Burritos first appeared on American restaurant menus at the El Cholo Spanish Cafe during the 1930s.[12] Burritos were mentioned in the U.S. media for the first time in 1934,[13] appearing in the Mexican Cookbook, a collection of regional recipes from New Mexico authored by historian Erna Fergusson.

Also getting culinary abuse from those that have never had a true Bagel or Slice of pizza(due to that dreadful)liquid you call water there) I find quite amuzing :D :D :D :D

Your "amuzing" is very amusing. I've spent a lot of time back there in ME, MA and NY - I wasn't impressed by the water, bagel or pizza. CA mountain water is better than the stuff running out of your antiquated lead-leaching water system.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:58 pm

jonriv wrote:
PDad wrote:

Here's a NE'er burrito:

Ruin beer day??? Nah, this is fun :lol:

Everyone knows that best East Coast pizza and bagels are located in NY, not CT. Just because Mystic Pizza is Connecticuters' favorite chick flick does not make CT pizza the best :lol: This may be surprising, but I have been to NY several times and have been to many fine pizza establishments, and no doubt, they are pretty good, but I think the best pizza I have had is in Chicago.

Btw, we don't drink water in CA, we drink beer and other spirits :ugeek:
- water is used in making Pizza and Bagels

I grew up in New York and concur the best bagels are in Brooklyn. The best Pizza is in CT- discovered it later in life in New Haven http://www.pepespizzeria.com/ http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/22/ ... n-america/ The Clam Pizza is an out of body experience
jonriv

by jonriv » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Your "amuzing" is very amusing. I've spent a lot of time back there in ME, MA and NY - I wasn't impressed by the water, bagel or pizza. CA mountain water is better than the stuff running out of your antiquated lead-leaching water system.

The water in NYC comes from the Catskill Mountains and has been rated by Consumer Reports as THE BEST water in the world. Compared to the silt filled water you guys pipe in from the Colorado river. BTW-- ME"lobsta" MA "Chowda" the lead-leaching pipes are in Michigan

The only TRUE bagels are made in New York- since they are boiled before baking the water is important. There is a place in Florida that imports NYC water to make their bagels http://brooklynwaterbagels.com/

This place in San Diego likes the water http://www.pmq.com/August-2014/Village- ... est-coast/

or this place in LA http://www.lamonicasnypizza.com/Home.html
jonriv

Next

Return to The Pub