Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

So, how many of you out there are Bernie supporters?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by aparent » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Skarp wrote:
aparent wrote:Trump's using of a campaign event to try to intimidate a judge was deeply troubling to me. I had pretty much made up my mind to vote for him until he did this, now I guess I have to waste my vote by writing in Rand Paul.

this party is intriguing to me though and I might have to start following them more closely.

http://www.modernwhig.org/

You mean the La Raza judge? He absolutely should recuse himself. La Raza are the worst kind of ends-justify-the-means social justice Nazis. Membership should be a flat disqualifier for judgeship, just as membership in the KKK should be a disqualifier. You're worried about intimidation? Worry about the judge. The left has been training and advancing these types of agenda-driven fascists into positions of influence and power for generations now. They would grind you under their heels without a second thought.

Anyway, how exactly did Trump try to intimidate him? By pointing out his blatant bias and his improper attempts to influence a presidential election? I see no problem with that whatsoever.

This is ultimately the beauty of Trump. The standard liberal playbook of unsubstantiated drive-by attacks designed to keep opponents constantly on the defensive DOES NOT WORK on Trump. He knows who the enemy is, understands their tactics, and never responds the way they want. Trump doesn't do defense...and God bless him for that. These people have been begging for an ass-kicking for a long, long time.

The intimidation is subtle, but goes something like this. Trump knows that the environment is a little heated right now, both with folks that support him and those that oppose, there have been instances of violence perpetrated by his supporters as well as people protesting him. To call out a judge by name and then for some reason point out "he's Mexican" apropos of nothing is a really fishy thing to do. You are a smart guy, you have to see this. He knows that right now one of his major points of resonance is with illegal immigration and that there is every chance that this judge may face various forms of harassment by his supporters by labeling him a Mexican, I mean come on, there are enough stupid people out there (on both sides), you know that at least 5 guys named Cletis got all bent out of shape because now they think Illegal immigrants can be federal judges.

If Trump was trying to take issue with activist judges in general he would have looked for an example a little or extreme than a judge on his case making a decision that some of the discovery is not truly confidential.

I really cannot think a single good reason why it made sense to him to go on that diatribe, it doesn't help him with his base, they are already fervent enough as it is, it doesn't help him with independents like me, we tend to want a little better statesmanship than that, firing up Latino's even more is a REALLY bad idea for him strategically, So where is the win for him? If he is such a great gamer he should be two steps ahead and his plays should be at least means to an end and i just don't see how this does anything but hurt him. So i wound up that either he is not as deft at this stuff as he claims and I had hoped or he really is just a petulant child and used his bully pulpit to bitch about a lawsuit he can't make go away. Either way he fell into the elephant pit in my book. Maybe it was some sort of genius sacrifice move ala Bobby Fischer and later in the campaign I will see how doing this helped him but i somehow doubt it.

It's a bummer too, I don't have a horse in this race now, i can't vote for Hillary, I have to look really carefully at one of the minor candidates and see if i can find one i can stomach there.
aparent

by Skarp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:06 am

aparent wrote:The intimidation is subtle, but goes something like this. Trump knows that the environment is a little heated right now, both with folks that support him and those that oppose, there have been instances of violence perpetrated by his supporters as well as people protesting him. To call out a judge by name and then for some reason point out "he's Mexican" apropos of nothing is a really fishy thing to do. You are a smart guy, you have to see this. He knows that right now one of his major points of resonance is with illegal immigration and that there is every chance that this judge may face various forms of harassment by his supporters by labeling him a Mexican, I mean come on, there are enough stupid people out there (on both sides), you know that at least 5 guys named Cletis got all bent out of shape because now they think Illegal immigrants can be federal judges.

If Trump was trying to take issue with activist judges in general he would have looked for an example a little or extreme than a judge on his case making a decision that some of the discovery is not truly confidential.

I really cannot think a single good reason why it made sense to him to go on that diatribe, it doesn't help him with his base, they are already fervent enough as it is, it doesn't help him with independents like me, we tend to want a little better statesmanship than that, firing up Latino's even more is a REALLY bad idea for him strategically, So where is the win for him? If he is such a great gamer he should be two steps ahead and his plays should be at least means to an end and i just don't see how this does anything but hurt him. So i wound up that either he is not as deft at this stuff as he claims and I had hoped or he really is just a petulant child and used his bully pulpit to bitch about a lawsuit he can't make go away. Either way he fell into the elephant pit in my book. Maybe it was some sort of genius sacrifice move ala Bobby Fischer and later in the campaign I will see how doing this helped him but i somehow doubt it.

It's a bummer too, I don't have a horse in this race now, i can't vote for Hillary, I have to look really carefully at one of the minor candidates and see if i can find one i can stomach there.

"There have been instances of violence perpetrated by his supporters as well as by people protesting him."

Actually, there have been instances (few and far between) of violence perpetrated by Trump supporters--always in the heat of the moment, and always against protesters aggressively disrupting otherwise perfectly peaceful Trump rallies. Equating that with the organized, targeted violence perpetrated by Trump protesters is patently absurd. There is no basis for believing that the judge is now in any kind of danger whatsoever, and there is accordingly no basis for characterizing Trump's comments as threatening or intimidating.

The fact that the judge is Hispanic, was appointed by Obama, and has connections to La Raza is not "apropos of nothing." It's apropos of the whole enchilada (if you'll pardon the cultural appropriation). Trump understands exactly who this guy is, and what role he is playing. The plan is to dribble out unflattering "evidence" over the course of the campaign, to which they hope Trump will be forced to repeatedly respond. This is the game the left plays with respect to conservatives. Dredge up some tawdry "fact," run wild with it in the media in order to set the desired narrative, and then ignore contrary evidence while focusing coverage on the conservative's "defensive" posture. For example, if the judge allows the release of a witness deposition transcript that paints Trump in a negative light, it won't matter that Trump's attorneys possess an avalanche of credible rebuttal evidence, because most of the public will never hear it. Which is why it's a bad idea to try cases in the court of public opinion.

"I really cannot think a single good reason why it made sense to him to go on that diatribe."

You're not alone. Trump has befuddled a veritable army of folks who can't understand the purpose of the things he says and does. In this case, Trump's purpose in calling the judge out has nothing to do with intimidation, and everything to do with establishing a meta-narrative (bias, corruption, etc.) in advance of the aforementioned liberal strategy of attack, which he knows is coming. It's just another example of Trump being way smarter than his opponents...particularly the media. He talked about the "Mexican" judge because he knew the press would go after it like a pack of rabid dogs, and thereby unwittingly pre-establish his desired narrative in the minds of virtually everyone. So now Trump won't have to bother responding to the details of any particular attack, but instead will pivot immediately to offense with his own narrative. "Look, they're at it again!"

It's not a Fischer queen sac. It's Alekhine's seemingly pointless a-pawn advance at move 6 that, 36 moves later, allowed his bishop to retreat to safety with a forced win to follow. Unparalleled brilliance.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:32 am

How does one defend his comment in Redding yesterday, "Look at my African-American over here." ?

More brilliance?

http://on.msnbc.com/1Pssmjc
ontheblack

by Skarp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:45 am

ontheblack wrote:How does one defend his comment in Redding yesterday, "Look at my African-American over here." ?

More brilliance?

Yes. The Redding speech was absolutely brilliant. You should watch it.

Why would that comment require any defense?
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:10 am

...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by kevin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:11 am

I will give Trump credit for this. He has truly opened my eyes to the current state of race relations in this country. I operate in my bubble usually and to see the hate and anger on both sides is really sad.
kevin

by as the world turns » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:47 am

ontheblack wrote:How does one defend his comment in Redding yesterday, "Look at my African-American over here." ?

More brilliance?

So what?

Btw, did you catch the FLOTUS at a commencement speech say yesterday: "I Wake Up Each Day in House Built By Slaves"
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/First-Lady--381799061.html

For almost eight years they have been saying inflammatory crap like this, and actually much worse, and you want to highlight Trump's AA comment?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by kevin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:56 am

It's all wrong. We can all find websites that will validate our opinion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... deos-show/
kevin

by Skarp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:23 am

kevin wrote:It's all wrong. We can all find websites that will validate our opinion.

More false equivalence. I can provide ten thousand examples of violent and/or otherwise reprehensible conduct from the left for every one example that you can provide on the right.

Throw on some Trump gear and try disrupting a Bernie rally like that. You'll be lucky to escape with your life.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by kevin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Skarp wrote:
kevin wrote:It's all wrong. We can all find websites that will validate our opinion.

More false equivalence. I can provide ten thousand examples of violent and/or otherwise reprehensible conduct from the left for every one example that you can provide on the right.

Throw on some Trump gear and try disrupting a Bernie rally like that. You'll be lucky to escape with your life.

I believe the acts of violence towards Trump supporters is wrong. I believe in ones right to peaceful protest. If you don't like Trump don't vote for him, or Hillary, or Bernie.

I believe his attack of the judge crossed the line from him being a staunch proponent for immigration reform, to someone willing to insinuate that a persons race/ethnicity disqualifies you from being able to use sound reason and judgment. That I also think is wrong.
kevin

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub