Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

So, how many of you out there are Bernie supporters?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by ontheblack » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:41 pm

This election is such a cluster. I hope Bernie takes California. He cant win a general election. There are more than a few Dems that want their own contested convention. Ryan certainly wont stop certain GOP members from contesting in Cleveland. Throw it all out and you could see Biden vs Ryan.

I wasnt looking for any site to validate my opinion for or against any canditate, as I havent made my opinion known.

What I find troublesome in this discussion is the justification of one person's wrong actions by comparing them to the wrong actions of others.

The fact that a Trump supporter with the intelligence of Skarp cant say that what Trump said was wrong, or at least incredibly stupid, is sad. There are enough highly intelligent dumbf*cks in the world willing to justify any and all actions of their preferred candidates and elected politicians . What we need is intelligent people like those with top 10 law school educations to have the balls to hold them accountable.

But I wont hold my breath.
ontheblack

by Skarp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:02 pm

ontheblack wrote:But I wont hold my breath.

Yeah, I wouldn't advise it. If you want to join the lib-prog speech police pogrom, be my guest. As for me, that'll be the day I off myself.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:54 am

An example of an intelligent GOP mainstay with integrity who has been supporting Trump:

“I don’t know what Trump’s reasoning was, and I don’t care. His description of the judge in terms of his parentage is completely unacceptable.” - Newt Gingrich

That isnt the result of a lib-prog speech police program.
ontheblack

by Skarp » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:23 pm

ontheblack wrote:An example of an intelligent GOP mainstay with integrity who has been supporting Trump:

“I don’t know what Trump’s reasoning was, and I don’t care. His description of the judge in terms of his parentage is completely unacceptable.” - Newt Gingrich

That isnt the result of a lib-prog speech police program.

This is how we lose...by refusing to understand and identify motives. Gingrich is wrong. Trump is right.

This judge has affiliated himself with La Raza, which is essentially an Hispanic supremacist group. He placed his own parentage at issue by virtue of his actions and voluntary associations. This isn't some innocent Indiana boy without any personal skin in the game. He's a biased racial supremacist who deserves to be called out as such.

We've got Mexican illegals and (fraudulently) naturalized Mexican-Americans rioting in large numbers about anything they disagree with, burning American flags, and waving Mexican flags. We've got groups like La Raza organizing these types of activities pursuant to an overtly anti-white, reconquista agenda. And we're all supposed to pretend that race and/or affiliation with a racial supremacist group is of no significance whatsoever. A sin to even mention.

Give me a break.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by kevin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:49 am

This judge has affiliated himself with La Raza, which is essentially an Hispanic supremacist group. He placed his own parentage at issue by virtue of his actions and voluntary associations. This isn't some innocent Indiana boy without any personal skin in the game. He's a biased racial supremacist who deserves to be called out as such.

I'm assuming you have proof of this accusation. I'd love to see and read about it.
kevin

by Skarp » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:26 am

kevin wrote:

I'm assuming you have proof of this accusation. I'd love to see and read about it.

Proof of which accusation? That he has affiliated himself with La Raza, or that La Raza is a racist and racial supremacist group? As to the former, read the news. With respect to the latter, here's some starter material for you:
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/prin ... ?grpid=153
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:11 am

“I hear more and more Mexicans talking about la raza—to build up their pride, you know...Some people don’t look at it as racism, but when you say ’la raza,’ you are saying an anti-gringo thing, and it won’t stop there. Today it’s anti-gringo, tomorrow it will be anti-Negro, and the day after it will be anti-Filipino, anti-Puerto Rican...La raza is a very dangerous concept. I speak very strongly against it among the chicanos.”

--César Chávez (1969)

He has been proven correct.

And Alberto Gonzales, over the weekend:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... s-fairness

Bottom line: Trump's not the racist in this tale, and he has every right to question the impartiality of this judge.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by kevin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:45 am

So its the term La Raza that you have a problem with. However, there is no evidence that this judge is affiliated with the National Council of La Raza (which if he was I would have a problem with him being a judge also), unless you consider the assertions of Trumps aides as gospel. It's funny that you quote Cesar Chavez, because I'm sure you would also support his ideas on Unions and his life work for the rights of illegal immigrant workers in the fields, as they endured acts of harassment, discrimination, and violence. Or is it just the La Raza part your interested in? I could see how that term could be seen as dangerous or offensive, especially since more radical groups have adopted that term as their own. But I thought that before you would be part of lib-prog speech police, you would quote, unquote,"off yourself"?
kevin

by Skarp » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:20 pm

kevin wrote:So its the term La Raza that you have a problem with. However, there is no evidence that this judge is affiliated with the National Council of La Raza (which if he was I would have a problem with him being a judge also), unless you consider the assertions of Trumps aides as gospel. It's funny that you quote Cesar Chavez, because I'm sure you would also support his ideas on Unions and his life work for the rights of illegal immigrant workers in the fields, as they endured acts of harassment, discrimination, and violence. Or is it just the La Raza part your interested in? I could see how that term could be seen as dangerous or offensive, especially since more radical groups have adopted that term as their own. But I thought that before you would be part of lib-prog speech police, you would quote, unquote,"off yourself"?

I don't have a problem with the term "la raza" any more than I have a problem with the term "white race." Like Chavez, I've got a justifiable problem with either term as an organizing concept--particularly as it relates to our justice system, which is supposed to be color blind. I would have a problem with a San Diego White Race Lawyer's Association, so therefore I've got a problem with San Diego La Raza Lawyer's Association. As anyone who isn't racist should.

Evidence of affiliation? You're joking, right?

"The concept of La Raza can be traced to the ideas and writings of Jose Vasconcelos, the Mexican theorist who developed the theory of la raza cosmica (the cosmic or super race) at least partially as a minority reaction to the Nordic notions of racial superiority. Vasconelos developed a systematic theory which argued that climatic and geographic conditions and mixture of Spanish and Indian races created a superior race. The concept of La Raza connotes that the mestizo is a distinct race and not Caucasian, as is technically the case."

--Guillermo Lux and Maurilio Vigil, Aztlan: Essays on the Chicano Homeland

What's your theory? These lawyers and other groups are ignorant, and just call themselves "La Raza" because they think it sounds cool?
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Trump should have focused on the judge's membership in a organization whose stated purpose is "to advance the cause of equality, empowerment and justice for Latino attorneys and the Latino community in San Diego County through service and advocacy" rather than his Mexican heritage.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub