Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

So, how many of you out there are Bernie supporters?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by PDad » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Skarp wrote:
PDad wrote:Trump should have focused on the judge's membership in a organization whose stated purpose is "to advance the cause of equality, empowerment and justice for Latino attorneys and the Latino community in San Diego County through service and advocacy" rather than his Mexican heritage.

"Trump should/shouldn't have..." How many times has that been said over the past year? How many times has it actually been right? The re-tweet regarding Heidi Cruz, and...crickets.

What Trump did, as he often does, is employ the most inflammatory/hyperbolic method of raising an entirely valid issue. The press then dutifully pounce all over it, allowing Trump to dominate coverage for a week. In the process, he is proven correct (in this instance, the judge's race is entirely relevant due to his membership in the group). So he comes out relatively unscathed, he enjoys yet another opportunity to expose the shameless bias of the press (and curb-stomp them for it), and, again, his meta-narrative is firmly established. Any negative news about the Trump U. case will be viewed with far more skepticism than it otherwise would have been, and Trump will be able to immediately pivot to offense.

It is truly a thing of beauty to behold.

I disagree he's gotten the outcome you describe - only Trumpies like yourself see it as positive and there aren't nearly enough of you to win in November. I think he squandered the gains he made by unifying the party in previous weeks. The next polls will tell us who's right.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by aparent » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Skarp wrote:
aparent wrote:My whole point was how otherwise intelligent people gloss over their candidate's faults or worse, describe them as genius, instead of just acknowledging that sometimes their guy just craps his pants. Trump crapped his pants with the judge tirade plain and simple. The fact that you think it is divinely inspired genius is just mental contortion.

Yes, I understood your point. It wasn't particularly nuanced. My response is that when he "craps his pants" once or twice and gets away with it, you can call it luck. When he does it week after week for an entire year, and when despite the unabated attempts by all powers that be on both sides to take him down he is not only still standing, but actually winning...maybe it's time for "otherwise intelligent" people to admit that there's something more than pants crapping going on.

Opposed to the wall why, pray tell?

His other foibles pale in comparison to this one, remember, I am someone that was looking forward to voting for him as of last month, so i am not speaking of this from the perspective of someone that was rooting for him to fail, I am speaking from the perspective of someone who is disenchanted with the whole status qu political process and who was willing to vote for an unconventional candidate. So when he said "I could shoot a guy and still win" (paraphrasing) I thought it was fine and everyone got their panties in a bunch, when he said other things like saying Megan Kelly was OTR, i laughed and thought it was great he was being politically incorrect. What he did with the judge just struck a chord in me that told me I could not vote for this guy to run a country. So lump me in with haters if you want but I am telling you, i am pretty sure i am exactly the type of person the Trump campaign absolutely needs to win and that stunt turned me, I doubt I am alone. In fact, it turned me when I heard it the same day, it took about a week for it to actually kick up the shitstorm we have now, My question is, how do so many people gloss over when their guy (whoever it is) makes mistakes? Hillary supporters are no different, bring up the fact that Hillary seems like she is more at home in a house made of gingerbread and candy and they look at you like you are insane and how can you not love her? She is wonderful!!!

As for the wall, I don;t support it for one reason....shovels. Build a wall, then deal with tunnels, go after the tunnels and the wall will be chipped away, go after both and boats will be used more often, stop that and they will use hot air balloons. It's like wetback whack a mole. We would be better served by addressing it from the demand side and not the supply side. Make it less hospitable here for illegal aliens and that will do a better job than a wall. Hold their government accountable for the costs of immigration enforcement (this would be an America first idea that I like about Trump), but a wall is just destined for failure IMO.

I gotta actually work now but i will check back in the morning and play more.
aparent

by ontheblack » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Tunnels are built for profit. That would mean drugs, not illegals. Those smart enough to build these tunnels are not stupid enough to jeopardize them with trafficking people, at least not human trafficking going northbound.
ontheblack

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Looks like the bottom may be starting to fall out: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/07/politics/ ... index.html
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:51 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Looks like the bottom may be starting to fall out: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/07/politics/ ... index.html

Again? Yawn...
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:57 pm

ontheblack wrote:Tunnels are built for profit. That would mean drugs, not illegals. Those smart enough to build these tunnels are not stupid enough to jeopardize them with trafficking people, at least not human trafficking going northbound.

"Walls don't work" is one of the more hilarious arguments the open-borders types make.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:06 pm

Skarp wrote:
ontheblack wrote:Tunnels are built for profit. That would mean drugs, not illegals. Those smart enough to build these tunnels are not stupid enough to jeopardize them with trafficking people, at least not human trafficking going northbound.

"Walls don't work" is one of the more hilarious arguments the open-borders types make.

Ive been to some in Germany that worked pretty damned well...to keep folks IN Communist countries because it sucked in them....
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:27 pm

MAGA.jpg
AMERICA--My Favorite Charity
MAGA.jpg (28.16 KiB) Viewed 5075 times

Do your parts, gentlemen. This is no time to shirk. The prize for 2nd place is Crooked Hillary Clinton.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:28 pm

OnTheBlack let me tell you a little about our southern Border, where across the Rio Grande 75 miles East of El Paso they traffic humans & drugs daily, most if not all of the women & young girls are raped, their panties & bra's in certain trees alone the route where the cartel coyotes regularly stop, these women are helpless & more often then not are given abortion pills on the other side before they cross because , well, they're gonna get raped, sometimes more than once.

I was down there recently standing in the evidence room where the sheriff showed me Willie Nelsons weed from 2010. I could go on & on but trust me I'm a border expert. What most people don't understand is a secure border is SEPARATE from immigration.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:02 pm

exD1dad wrote:OnTheBlack let me tell you a little about our southern Border, where across the Rio Grande 75 miles East of El Paso they traffic humans & drugs daily, most if not all of the women & young girls are raped, their panties & bra's in certain trees alone the route where the cartel coyotes regularly stop, these women are helpless & more often then not are given abortion pills on the other side before they cross because , well, they're gonna get raped, sometimes more than once.

I was down there recently standing in the evidence room where the sheriff showed me Willie Nelsons weed from 2010. I could go on & on but trust me I'm a border expert. What most people don't understand is a secure border is SEPARATE from immigration.

You are talking to the wrong person. I'm good with a wall, and more than a bit knowledgable about that aspect of immigration control under the auspices of Operation Gatekeeper. My comment was directed at the person who said a wall was a waste as they would just tunnel underneath.

I am in San Diego where we are #1 in border tunnels, but those tunnels transport high dollar drug cargo. Illegals get through holes cut in the fence (surplus steel landing mats from the Army Corps of Engineers).

Biggest problem when talking about a wall/fence is people on both sides of the aisle get their facts wrong. Most tend to just talk out of their ass. This article gives a pretty fair and accurate overview of what we have in San Diego: http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/n ... act-check/

You know, Trump has had a golden opportunity to make this not about being racist, but finishing the job Clinton never finished when he signed The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996. Reagan wouldve done a masterful job using this against Hillary.
ontheblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub