Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Participation Trophy Generation

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by as the world turns » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:41 pm

We have produced a generation that can't deal with failure:

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/10/442952-college-students-needier/
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by aparent » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:44 pm

I call BS...half of all students visiting the counseling center for psych help? Sounds like cooked books to me.
aparent

by as the world turns » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:02 pm

aparent wrote:I call BS...half of all students visiting the counseling center for psych help? Sounds like cooked books to me.

These are percentages of the students visiting college and university counseling centers, not total population
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by aparent » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:21 pm

so if a college has 10000 students this survey is saying 4870 visited the counseling center last year, right? Am I reading it wrong?

Never mind...I see they stated it was among students already receiving counseling services. So of the people already going to counseling half went last year? Kind of meaningless unless you know the total numbers Of students and students visiting the counseling centers.
aparent

by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:50 am

I will say, being around Military folks dealing with PTS...
NEVER look down on anyone asking for help please...
The stigma my troops have over talking with a professional overshadows the fact that 'just talking' helps them...
So please never do that

As far as seeing a counselor its not always the ones with 'needy' bratty issues...
But absolutely we have created a generation of mental AND in most cases physical candy asses...
Bad feeling about when a LOT of them go forth unto the magic land of candy and nuts with unicorn carriages...Of the $100K salaries etc...and then forget to ask you if you wanna super size that meal at the drive up window...

I'll go a bit farther...IMHO, about 50% of the kids in college are in majors that have no 'earning' possibilities...and most of those need be in a more vocational line...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to The Pub