Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

NY Inmates - 1 Harvard Debate team - 0

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Sid Barrett » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:44 am

I will suggest that the ethnic makeup of the Harvard debate Team had little to no impact on their defeat. Maybe...just maybe... the cause of their defeat had more to do with the quality (or lack there of) of their instruction and how THAT is molded by political correctness and embraced by a University that openly looks to indoctrinate its students in left wing ideology. Just my $.02.
Sid Barrett

by jonriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am

Sid Barrett wrote:I will suggest that the ethnic makeup of the Harvard debate Team had little to no impact on their defeat. Maybe...just maybe... the cause of their defeat had more to do with the quality (or lack there of) of their instruction and how THAT is molded by political correctness and embraced by a University that openly looks to indoctrinate its students in left wing ideology. Just my $.02.

If this is your theory- how come they were the national debate champions last year? You think the cadets at West Point are taught with a Left Wing molded PCness? Nice theories everyone, letting your biases come through? Try facts
jonriv

by jonriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:58 am

BTW- the inmates were trained and attended course by Bard College(one of the most Liberal institutions in the US
jonriv

by as the world turns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:23 am

jonriv wrote:BTW- the inmates were trained and attended course by Bard College(one of the most Liberal institutions in the US

Well, I give credit to the inmates, they were able to absorb the instruction and use it.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:25 am

as the world turns wrote:
jonriv wrote:BTW- the inmates were trained and attended course by Bard College(one of the most Liberal institutions in the US

Well, I give credit to the inmates, they were able to absorb the instruction and use it.

I guess not much else to do there ;)
jonriv

by as the world turns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:30 am

Any regrets having your kid go to her school vs an Ivy? Did the school make her, or did she make herself?
as the world turns

by jonriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:35 am

No regrets- the school she went to (Babson College) has an excellent reputation and name recognition that oped doors for her. It allowed her a choice of jobs after college and the beginnings of a great career. A school is always what you make of it- It molds you how you let yourself be molded. having a great "brand" is always a help
jonriv

by Tyler Durden » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:35 am

jonriv wrote: The students that were in my daughter's HS that went "Ivy" were all brilliant.

Always fun to watch JR go proprietarily apeshit on this type of thread. Thanks buddy. :)
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
jonriv wrote: The students that were in my daughter's HS that went "Ivy" were all brilliant.

Always fun to watch JR go proprietarily apeshit on this type of thread. Thanks buddy. :)

Ahh yes, I am sure there are plenty of "brilliant" people out there that think Hillary is the smartest women in the USA and Bernie is an economics genius.
as the world turns

by jonriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:48 am

as the world turns wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Ahh yes, I am sure there are plenty of "brilliant" people out there that think Hillary is the smartest women in the USA and Bernie is an economics genius.

Considering the backgrounds and towns the students that I know come from-none would be big fans of either Hillary or Bernie.
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub