Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

NY Inmates - 1 Harvard Debate team - 0

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by as the world turns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:13 pm

jonriv wrote:
as the world turns wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
jonriv wrote: The students that were in my daughter's HS that went "Ivy" were all brilliant.

Always fun to watch JR go proprietarily apeshit on this type of thread. Thanks buddy. :)

Ahh yes, I am sure there are plenty of "brilliant" people out there that think Hillary is the smartest women in the USA and Bernie is an economics genius.

Considering the backgrounds and towns the students that I know come from-none would be big fans of either Hillary or Bernie.

Maybe after 4 years in the indoctrination factory..... ??
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Two of them graduated and are in private equity. Finance and business at the ivied is still conservative
jonriv

by as the world turns » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Survivors
as the world turns

by exD1dad » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:14 pm

Since 30% of DD's fellow HS grads went Stanford/MIT/Ivy (100+ kids) just like every year, I"ll just say her entire class was "brilliant" 8-)
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:52 pm

At $33,000.00 a year for high school tuition, I would certainly hope so. So do they teach acing the SAT 101? Teaching for admittance does not make brilliance.

Btw, there was a much easier way of getting in.
LOL, what a joke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/09/24/i-told-harvard-i-was-an-undocumented-immigrant-they-gave-me-a-full-scholarship/
as the world turns

by jonriv » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:00 am

as the world turns wrote:At $33,000.00 a year for high school tuition, I would certainly hope so. So do they teach acing the SAT 101? Teaching for admittance does not make brilliance.

Btw, there was a much easier way of getting in.
LOL, what a joke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/09/24/i-told-harvard-i-was-an-undocumented-immigrant-they-gave-me-a-full-scholarship/

Not sure what the "joke" is you speak of?? Admissions standards were not lowered??? Scholarships at the Ivies is based on need- not academic prowess(since all kids getting in are smart and high academic achievers) Also the cost of this is not government money- its from Harvard's Private endowment(the second largest in the world behind Catholic Charities) "Blind Enrollment" means that applicants get in based on academics, not on ability to pay. Did you actually read the article or do a "Black Widow" headline scan?

BTW - My DD attended a public High School that has similar numbers to what ExD1 posted

Not sure why you harbor such anger towards the Ivies?? Did they turn you down?
jonriv

by blackwidow » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:32 am

Excuse me but I always read the articles that I post, unlike the people that respond to my articles who NEVER actually read them but post their inane opinions about them based on their personal bias.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 4745 times
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by Pale Rider » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:43 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
jonriv wrote: The students that were in my daughter's HS that went "Ivy" were all brilliant.

Always fun to watch JR go proprietarily apeshit on this type of thread. Thanks buddy. :)

*Voted* Post of the month... ;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Thanks. I had given up hope that anyone would validate my phrase 'proprietarily apeshit'.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Thanks. I had given up hope that anyone would validate my phrase 'proprietarily apeshit'.

Hell, Im from MS...and I get it :o :D
LOL...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub