Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

More info on the peaceful religion

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by blackwidow » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Go ahead and read your sutras, Bible and Koran and tell me what you find. if you are honest and intelligent then you will admit that yes, this one book and this one major religion does stand out as being violent and abusive in its actual holy texts.

You're joking right?

Bible, Torah or Quran

1.A priest's daughter, if found to have lost her virginity without marriage, can receive the death penalty, but in the form of incineration.

2."When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."

3."Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go."

4."Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Answers to all of the above...The Bible and Torah.

WHich is more violent? Who knows.
It is frightening to think that more than half of the world's population believes in one or the other.

Not to mention the Rigveda

Atharva Veda 12:5:67 Strike off the shoulders and the head.
68.Snatch thou the hair from off his head, and from his body strip the skin:
69.Tear out his sinews, cause his flesh to fall in pieces from his frame.
70.Crush thou his bones together, strike and beat the marrow out of him.
71.Dislocate all his limbs and joints

Atharva Veda 4:31:3 O Manyu, overcome those who assail us. On! breaking, slaying crushing down the foemen.They have not hindered thine impetuous vigour: mighty! sole born! reduce them to subjection.

Rig Veda 1:CLXXVI:4 Slay everyone who pours no gift, who, hard to reach, delights thee not.Bestow on us what wealth he hath: this even the worshipper awaits

Rg.Veda1:CXXXXII:1. HELPED, Indra Maghavan, by thee in war of old, may we subdue in fight the men who strive with us, conquer the men who war with us.This day that now is close at hand bless him who pours the Soma juice.In this our sacrifice may we divide the spoil, showing our strength, the spoil of war.

RV 6.025.02 With these discomfit hosts that fight against us, and check the opponent’s wrath, thyself uninjured. With these chase all our foes to every quarter: subdue the tribes of Dasas to the Arya.

But ummm okay...whatever you say. It's only the Quran.

On July 27, 2008, Christian Right sympathizer Jim David Adkisson walked into the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee during a children’s play and began shooting people at random.

Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995. Neocons and Republicans grow angry and uncomfortable whenever Timothy McVeigh is cited as an example of a non-Islamic terrorist.

On August 5, 2012, 40-year-old Wade Michael Page fatally shot six people and wounded four others at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Page committed suicide by shooting himself in the head after he was shot in the stomach by a responding police officer.

Christian terrorist groups exist and we often simply ignore them
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropol ... nore-them/

Just because Fox News doesn't report it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by aparent » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:48 pm

You are confusing Hinduism with Buddhism and Old Testament Judaism with New testament Christianity. so your argument is based on events over 2000 years old and I talking about present day. you conveniently misquoted me and did not note that I specifically did not mention Judaism in my original post, not because Jews behave savagely like Muslims do, they don't, but because I knew you would quote the Old Testament to falsely support your view. so back to my point, can you point to Jesus' teaching or Buddhas teaching as advocating death to anyone? Judaism was smart enough to drop adherence to the Old Testament death and destruction long ago. Islam is not so smart yet, and last time I checked, you could draw a picture of Moses without the IDF threatening to kill you.

it is very simple, you, BW, by justifying Islamic teachings, as currently practiced by the majority of Muslim are against women's rights and gay rights and general human rights, That is your choice, but I choose to call it for what it is and use my voice to point out injustices like this even if it means I have to be called a bigot once in a while.

this argument that because .1 percent of Christians may do something bad that it is somehow the same as 80% of Muslims believing a woman should be stoned to death for adultery is a simple false equivalency, it is a standard practice of stupid liberals.

And no I am not a Fox watcher, in fact I have pretty libertarian views on social issues, which is why it disgusts me that liberals are so wrong on this topic.

People like you are not going to budge from their thinking so I won't try. But if anyone else is reading this and thinking "you know I agree, this religion is Evil but I don't feel comfortable calling to for what it is". I say, go ahead and call it like you see it, being called a bigot is a small price to pay for speaking the truth. I will be the first to praise the Muslim culture when they self police and create a culture where these teachings are scorned within the religion. But as of right now, peaceful Muslims are a small minority.
aparent

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Just curious...are we arguing which is worse or which is better?

Carry on....
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dowhatulike » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:24 am

really why is this even a topic on here!!!!
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 am

Dowhatulike wrote:really why is this even a topic on here!!!!

Dude, this is the Pub. Almost anything goes--jokes, conspiracy theories, pop culture, etc
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Well black recluse, Barry loves no borders, hates Israel, loves palestine, loves muslims, hates American exceptionalism - similar to your positions.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:35 pm

It's apparent aparent wins the argument over BW
as the world turns

by jonriv » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:10 am

I believe the original poster is way off base and is depicting a religion as "evil" based on th actions of a small minority and a collection of rather ignorant stereotypes and assumptions. It is also obvious that the poster did not read the article they posted since it referred to Isis as Extremists and their actions were against other Muslims. I find myself agreeing wit(getting cold in hell) with BW on many points despite her hyperbole, overuse of links and an obvious anti-Israel bias. The descriptions the original poster uses as a bias against woman and homosexuals is based on the handful of countries that follow pure Sharia law.(ie Saudi Arabia, Iran etc) Most Muslim counries do not(ie Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey etc) Painting all Muslims in one strock is like painting all Christians with one stroke- there are many denominations and sects in Isalm- the most notable being Sunni and Shia. Within each are other sects as well. In the 19th century the Bedouian Wahibists helped the House of Saud take control of Saudi Arabia- in return the Saudi royal family adopted the Whahibists very literal interpretation of the Koran and adopted Sharia Law. This never would have mattered to anyone except that the Saudis were later to be found on the worlds largest reserve of oil- the rest we say is history.

No religion has a clean past- as a Christian let's use our own history- the Spanish Inquisisian, The many crusades, The Wars of the Protestant reformation- Salem Witch trials…. As a Christian, would you want yourself stereotyped by the Branch Davidians?? How have we treated women? When did they get the right to own property, to vote??? Even Pakistan has had a woman Prime Minister

We do not have Sharia her(thank god) but many states still carry Blue Laws, go to Kyries Joel, Crown Heights or any other Hasidic Orthodox Jewish community and they follow a very strict religious law. Been to Amish Country??

My problem is with Muslim Extremists who have perverted their religion and use it as a false basis for their barbarism and hatred. I know far too many good people who are moslems that are horrified what these other people are doing falsly in their name of their religion. We need to fight Isis and Alqeda and all the extremists. We need to support moderate Muslims and not alienate them. We need to to stop leaving vacuums (Afghanistan in the 1980's and Iraq recently) and then be surprised when something nasty fills that vacuum.
jonriv

by as the world turns » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:03 am

as the world turns

by as the world turns » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:07 am

Btw aparent, based on past posts, jon seems to love muslims.
as the world turns

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub