Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Too Much Power?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 am

blackwidow wrote:
As a practical matter- WTF are people travelling with so much cash???

Again...Why is it yours or anybody else's business?

The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite.
Thomas Jefferson

Another quote instead of your own thought- how typical. Curious why you chose Jefferson? A man that was contradictory in his words vs actions. All men are created equal, yet he owned slaves….. The quote above while many of his contemporaries would consider Jefferson among the elite. Jefferson was a man whose Presidential campaign accused John Adams of being a Hermaphrodite. It's easy to cut paste- especially only those things that support your argument, but do you ever read and try to fully understand???? Do you try to understand or just glean ideas that support your pseudo-libertarian on my own terms mentality??
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:47 am

blackwidow wrote:Actually the questions i asked earlier are my "original thoughts". It's interesting that none of the questions ever get answered and IF they do it is by posting a LINK or a cut and paste from one of you folks ...or by insulting me.

You don't have to click on the links and you don't have to read the articles. I'm not going to change the way I post because you don't like it or it makes you uncomfortable. Don't click on them. Simple.
Calling a mainstream article from the Telegraph or Reason.com or ABC NEWS extreme, well I really don't know what to say about that? IF taking the people in POWER at their words makes me a conspiracy theorist I accept the charges whole heartedly.

Have a great day and enjoy some RapNews Headlies...for fun. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeFJkGfaoxs

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

This cutting and pasting quotes is fun :D
"Rebellion against a king may be pardoned, or lightly punished, but the man who dares to rebel against the laws of a republic ought to suffer death."
-Samuel Adams about Shays Rebellion
jonriv

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:55 am

I could ask the you same question JR...Do you truly understand my answers?

My answer was ...Why is it your business how much cash I carry?
The answer before that was... It is NONE of my business nor my governments how much cash people carries.
If we do not have the right to carry cash without being molested by the government are we really free?

My answer is and remains NO.

Typical ad-hom response...Ignore the message by attacking the messenger. In this case attacking the quotes.
It is utterly irrelevant whether the person who warns you that your house is on fire is a “paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur”, suffers from “narcissistic personality disorder”; or, in some other way, is the most disgustingly obnoxious, insane, stupid, evil and/or vile person on the face of the earth.
What is relevant is that he has warned you that your house is on fire.

Still waiting for that answer.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:12 am

The cop asks to inspect your car.

PS.
Never consent to a search of your car even if you have nothing to hide.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-mor ... 92554.html
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:23 am

In the broad sense it is not anyone's business how much cash someone carries. You certainly have a right to be left alone and not harassed

However, in the context of the article it certainly was "the Business" of the TSA to call over LEO and they had a legitimate right to ask the questions and act on their suspicions. The minute you consent to a search, try to board an airplane, or deposit that cash in a bank you have changed the expactation of privacy. This has been confirmed time and time again by the courts. You have a right to expect privacy in your own home, you do not when you board an aircraft

You have the "right" not to answer any of TSAs questions, they have the "right" not to let you in the sterile area. You complain about the TSA, but they did not confiscate anything, they passed it over to a LEO. Sounds like a check of power there on the TSA. It is real easy to prove ownership of $$$$, if their was a problem the LEO had a duty to do what they did. The only thing wrong was the tweet and picture of teh cash.

I will say again as a financial professional- it is idiotic to travel with that much cash. My own experiences would also suggest that there was something shady going on IMO

The United States is what it is based on the Rule of Law and the understanding that the rule of law must operate to protect individual rights. There is always the struggle on protecting those rights and protecting the citizenry.

And now a quote from my favorite founding father:
In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place, oblige it to control itself.
Alexander Hamilton
jonriv

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:25 am

And now a quote from my favorite founding father:
In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place, oblige it to control itself.
Alexander Hamilton

Copycat... 8-)
blackwidow

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 am

blackwidow wrote:
The cop asks to inspect your car.

PS.
Never consent to a search of your car even if you have nothing to hide.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-mor ... 92554.html

Absolutly- you have the right to say no, just as you have the right not to let the police in your house without a warrant. If you waive that right they can use what they find
jonriv

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:49 am

Linked is a nice flowchart put out by Reason magazine and The Heritage Foundation on how to fight civil asset forfeiture...

http://reason.com/assets/mc/2015_06/forfeitchart.jpg

CivilAssets.jpg
CivilAssets.jpg (45.81 KiB) Viewed 3967 times

May you never be caught in this bureaucratic nightmare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xNnRBksvOU
blackwidow

Previous

Return to The Pub