Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Too Much Power?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 am

So you would prefer no baggage checks on airplanes?
jonriv

by blackwidow » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:22 am

If you are talking about checking for BOMBS? For my actual safety? Go ahead.
Not some pre-crime, might be guilty of something at some point in his life, you are now being detained
because of terrorism way.

Check my bags all you want... don't steal my stuff and let me be on my way.
FaultyLogic.png
FaultyLogic.png (24.91 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:31 pm

There is no expectaion of privacy when boarding an airplane with baggage

The TSA is required to report suspicious and/or potential illegal activities immediately. Carrying $75,000 in cash is SUSPICIOUS. TSA called law enforcement- law enforcement had Probable Cause to confiscate the cash when its source was not disclosed. There are not many reasons to carry $75,000 in cash around and most are illegal-the others dumb.

As far as a cashless society- it will not come from a Government mandate, but from Market Demand. We are heading there now- credit cards, Apple pay….. Uber does not use cash. As far a barter…. It really sucks when it comes to commerce, thats why we came up with money in the first place. Please return to your cave and tin foil hat.
jonriv

by blackwidow » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Please return to your cave and tin foil hat.

Clever..never heard that one before. :roll:
Excuse me but you came into my cave. Feel free to exit the thread anytime, you miss the point entirely most of the time anyways.

Watchful Eyes.jpg
Watchful Eyes.jpg (31.7 KiB) Viewed 4238 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcACvjXuclA

"Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor." PNAC Sept. 2000
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Do you ever have an original thought? Or is you entire life links and catchy phrases??? I see the point of your posts, but tend not to agree since they mainly show one side of an argument with extreme examples and hysterics.
jonriv

by Safebyahare » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:00 pm

jonriv wrote:Do you ever have an original thought? Or is you entire life links and catchy phrases??? I see the point of your posts, but tend not to agree since they mainly show one side of an argument with extreme examples and hysterics.

Will side with JR on the link part. (I do enjoy pics) Your own words are best.
JR I am not drinking from BW's cup of kool-aid,
However let's just change the story line slightly for the sake of argument.
YOU are driving down the road and the cops pull you over.
YOU have a lot of cash under a blanket.(hiding something?)
The cop asks to inspect your car. You have no issues.
YOU now have to answer questions why. YOU have to prove that this is not ill gotten money.
YOU are guilty, of what I have no idea, but your money is gone till you prove other wise.
That is just how it is, and you do not have the resources to fight it.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:30 am

Safebyahare wrote:
jonriv wrote:Do you ever have an original thought? Or is you entire life links and catchy phrases??? I see the point of your posts, but tend not to agree since they mainly show one side of an argument with extreme examples and hysterics.

Will side with JR on the link part. (I do enjoy pics) Your own words are best.
JR I am not drinking from BW's cup of kool-aid,
However let's just change the story line slightly for the sake of argument.
YOU are driving down the road and the cops pull you over.
YOU have a lot of cash under a blanket.(hiding something?)
The cop asks to inspect your car. You have no issues.
YOU now have to answer questions why. YOU have to prove that this is not ill gotten money.
YOU are guilty, of what I have no idea, but your money is gone till you prove other wise.
That is just how it is, and you do not have the resources to fight it.

I am aware of asset seizures and for the most part I think they have been a successful anti-crime tactic. However I also believe that there have been some abuses and over-reach. The courts have upheld it mostly because the case in question are civil(there is no guilty or not guilty) and the burden of proof is much less. I can understand on principle why some might find this an infringement of rights. As a practical matter- WTF are people travelling with so much cash???

Currently cash is 7% of current economic transactions.
jonriv

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:38 am

Actually the questions i asked earlier are my "original thoughts". It's interesting that none of the questions ever get answered and IF they do it is by posting a LINK or a cut and paste from one of you folks ...or by insulting me.

You don't have to click on the links and you don't have to read the articles. I'm not going to change the way I post because you don't like it or it makes you uncomfortable. Don't click on them. Simple.
Calling a mainstream article from the Telegraph or Reason.com or ABC NEWS extreme, well I really don't know what to say about that? IF taking the people in POWER at their words makes me a conspiracy theorist I accept the charges whole heartedly.

Have a great day and enjoy some RapNews Headlies...for fun. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeFJkGfaoxs

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
blackwidow

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 am

As a practical matter- WTF are people travelling with so much cash???

Again...Why is it yours or anybody else's business?

The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite.
Thomas Jefferson
blackwidow

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:29 am

blackwidow wrote:
As a practical matter- WTF are people travelling with so much cash???

Again...Why is it yours or anybody else's business?

The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite.
Thomas Jefferson

When you board an aircraft or consent to a search- you are waiving any expectation of privacy. Lots of cash is suspicious and will make it Law Enforcment's business

What my statement ment was that it is impractical in 2015 to carry around that much cash- it is risky and will raise questions
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub