Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Too Much Power?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by blackwidow » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:20 am

What better example of what "freedom" has come to mean in the United States than a situation where an airline passenger, after being prodded and searched by the federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA), has his property photographed and publicized online by the TSA and then seized.
http://reason.com/blog/2015/07/02/yoink ... eling-with

I feel safer already. Don't you?
Enjoy your Freedom weekend.

Keeping the pledge.jpg
Keeping the pledge.jpg (31.41 KiB) Viewed 6109 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gHVGOoE48
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by PDad » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:59 pm

TSA's 95% failure rate on their primary mission a month ago was more upsetting - Undercover DHS Tests Find Security Failures at US Airports.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Yup, if you are carrying $1.00 they can seize it, take it from you and actually say prove that it is yours.
Somehow, someway it is up to you to prove that it is yours.
Your freedom was sold for the safety of all. This could be drug money, terror money, ransom money or worse your money.
it must be true,,,I googled it.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:10 am

As much I am one to name the faults of the TSA- the only thing they did wrong here was post pictures on the internet. Carrying and Concealing that much cash is not normal and in itself is suspious activity. I have been in Banking and Financial services for over 20 years and every occasion someone tried to take out that much cash it was either for something illegal or they were being scammed. There are very few legitimate reasons to carry cash around like that in 2015

Title III of the Patriot Act which amended parts of the 1970 Bank Secracy Act
Bulk cash smuggling into or out of the United States[edit]
Under section 371 of the Patriot Act, Congress found that currency reporting under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) was significant in forcing money launders to avoid traditional financial institutions to launder money and had forced them to use cash-based businesses to avoid traditional financial institutions. Due to this avoidance, large amounts of currency in bulk form (bank notes, etc.) is now moved out of the U.S. by money launderers and into foreign financial institutions or sold on the black market. In fact, bulk currency was found to have become the most popular form of money laundering for moving large amounts of cash in an evasive manner. Due to this finding, a new effort was made to stop the laundering of money through bulk currency movements, mainly focusing on the confiscation of criminal proceeds and the increase in penalties for money laundering. Congress found that a criminal offense of merely evading the reporting of money transfers was insufficient and decided that it would be better if the smuggling of the bulk currency itself was the offense.

Therefore, a new section[59] was appended to the BSA that made it a criminal offense to evade currency reporting by concealing more than US$10,000 on any person or through any luggage, merchandise or other container that moves into or out of the U.S.. The penalty for such an offense is up to 5 years imprisonment and the forfeiture of any property up to the amount that was being smuggled. The procedures that cover the seizure and forfeiture of such property are specified under section 413 of the Controlled Substances Act.[60] If the defendant has insufficient assets to allow the court to seize enough substitute property to cover the amount being smuggled, then the court is authorized to make a personal money judgement up to the amount to be forfeited.
jonriv

by blackwidow » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:32 am

Well my dear Statist friend...
IF you had read the article you would have known that this person was carrying HIS CASH within the continental US.
What is a legitimate reason and who decides?

How much cash should a free citizen be "allowed" to carry without coming under suspicion of the government?

What if you're a person who simply doesn't like or trust banks? Is that your right as a US Citizen?

How is this constitutional? It's not ..... the unPatriot ACT has overridden the constitution.

Civil asset forfeiture is one of the biggest scams on the American people.

I'll bet you can't wait for this...you will probably be the first in line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln-R7WLFuI

Microchipped.jpg
Microchipped.jpg (19.54 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
Keep telling yourself that you're free.

Innocent until proven guilty? What a joke. Not in this country.
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 am

I did read the article and all it metions is Richmond. The article does not mention which Federal Agency confiscated the money? How do you know it is HIS cash? There is a Right to carry cash?? The articleI only implies that it was not the TSA. You do not think carrying $75,000 in cash is suspicious??? Legitimate uses would be anything LEGAL. Buying something with cash to avoid taxes or avod reporting is NOT legal. If the money were legitimate-the owner would have no problem supplying the source. If he took it out of a bank a CTR would have been completed. I am curious what you think he would be doing with more cash than most Bank Branches have on hand???? IMO this guy was one of three things a crook(using it for or reciving it for illegal activities), an idiot(carrying around $70,000 is stupid), or a cook(the bank is going to steal my money). Legitimate large $$$ deals are done with credit, checks etc… Cash is a HUGE risk and frankly a pain in the ass(you have to transport and guard it-plus count it) This is based again on some 20+ years in banking
jonriv

by blackwidow » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:21 am

My answer to all of your questions is...It's none of My business! nor is it the government's business according the the 4th amendment of the supreme law of the land The US Constitution. When carrying cash becomes a crime you are not a freeman. Sorry there can be no other definition.

Now read this...

How to end boom and bust: make cash illegal-Forcing everyone to spend only by electronic means from an account held at a government-run bank would give the authorities far better tools to deal with recessions and economic booms, writes Jim Leaviss

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... -bust.html

Take this article apart for a moment.
Centralization of monetary control would be par excellence for the "authorities" now wouldn't it? Because there would be no escaping it. Don't like Obamacare now? Worried about gun control?
Imagine a system where you could not escape from it even by breaking the law.
Would bartering then become illegal?
Could the government then steal your assets because you broke a bartering law some point in the future?

It's really quite the totalitarian system, when you think about it.

Law OR Justice.png
Law OR Justice.png (140.3 KiB) Viewed 5943 times

It is justice because it's a law?
http://www.lectlaw.com/def/j056.htm
blackwidow

by blackwidow » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 am

I've been in the banking business for 20 years

Sounds like you need a little Stanhope in your life...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZKH2PGA8g

At least black people knew when they were slaves, you however remain clueless. Stanhope

wiretap.jpg
wiretap.jpg (30.33 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
blackwidow

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:07 am

This not a 4th amendment issue since a baggage search on a flight is reasonable and by carrying the money in public there is no expectation of privacy. Fed agents appear to have probable cause
jonriv

by blackwidow » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:13 am

jonriv wrote:This not a 4th amendment issue since a baggage search on a flight is reasonable and by carrying the money in public there is no expectation of privacy. Fed agents appear to have probable cause

and this is why I am sad for the future of humanity.~Peace
blackwidow

Next

Return to The Pub