Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Silk Road and Reason

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by blackwidow » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Imagine if you will the United States Department of Justice using federal grand jury subpoenas to identify anonymous commenters engaged in typical internet bluster and hyperbole in connection with the Silk Road prosecution.

http://popehat.com/2015/06/08/departmen ... eason-com/

Should The Government Exercise Power To Identify Anonymous People Over Clear Bluster?
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.64 KiB) Viewed 5171 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GGOwiYC4AoU

Peace
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by Battle » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:17 pm

blackwidow wrote:Imagine if you will the United States Department of Justice using federal grand jury subpoenas to identify anonymous commenters engaged in typical internet bluster and hyperbole in connection with the Silk Road prosecution.

http://popehat.com/2015/06/08/departmen ... eason-com/

Should The Government Exercise Power To Identify Anonymous People Over Clear Bluster?
image.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GGOwiYC4AoU

Peace

BW, I don't know why you write this silly stuff. Haven't you heard? If the authorities say you did something wrong, then it must be true. If the press puts it in the media, then there has to be something to it. If you are straight laced, then you have nothing to worry about. It's not like people are being turned loose after years of prison because the justice system let them down and forgot to protect the innocent. The cops would never arrest someone knowing they are innocent just to make them pay the lawyers and bail bonds. That just never happens... :roll:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by as the world turns » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Finally a post of yours that actually makes some sense.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:20 am

So it's ok to threaten a federal judge? How do you determine if it's "hyperbole and bluster" or a credible threat without investigating?
jonriv

by blackwidow » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:51 am

BW, I don't know why you write this silly stuff. Haven't you heard? If the authorities say you did something wrong, then it must be true. If the press puts it in the media, then there has to be something to it. If you are straight laced, then you have nothing to worry about. It's not like people are being turned loose after years of prison because the justice system let them down and forgot to protect the innocent. The cops would never arrest someone knowing they are innocent just to make them pay the lawyers and bail bonds. That just never happens...

I know right? Never happens. If you haven't done anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about. Haha :lol:

Finally a post of yours that actually makes some sense

All my posts make sense...your inability to understand them all are not my problem. Try harder.
What say you about this topic?
If you make a comment as an anonymous commenter on a blog or message board that TPTB find offensive, should you be subject to a grand jury inquiry?
For example...Congress should be tarred and feathered. Obama should be beheaded like his Muslim brethren. That judge should be thrown in a wood chipper. You get the picture.

So it's ok to threaten a federal judge? How do you determine if it's "hyperbole and bluster" or a credible threat without investigating?

Did you read the article? ( there are some tips in there)
Do you have common sense? Try using that as a first rule of thumb.
Never mind...don't you have an episode of Cops or Law and Order that you should be watching?

image.jpg
image.jpg (69.44 KiB) Viewed 5105 times

Perhap they should bring this guy before the grand jury too?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=exnaY0l4XsM
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by Safebyahare » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Nice come back,,, I give this 3 lol's :lol: :lol: :lol:
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:41 pm

I did read the article-did you? If the posters were merely complaining about the verdict/sentence no problem, but when they call for the death of a particular judge and to put him in a "wood chipper" I think that crosses the line. Perhaps they are kidding, but in this day and age -who knows??? You say "common sense" It does not make "common sense" to threaten a federal Judge.

As for the Guiottine song- that is obvious "parody" I'm not sure of the sample quotes in the article fall under that.

Now crawl back in your hole so I can watch Law and Order in peace :D
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Mein Kampf was viewed as just political hyperbole and bluster. Mussolini eve said" it was boring and full of cliches"
jonriv

by blackwidow » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Reductio ad Hitlerum :lol:
Wait wait wait....Are you actually comparing a blogger making the anonymous comment
(It's judges like these that will be taken out back and shot.)
And its reply
(Why waste ammunition? Wood chippers get the message across clearly. Especially if you
feed them in feet first.).
to Adolf Hitler?

Talk about jumping the shark. While I truly believe there are appropriate times that comparisons can be made to Nazi Germany, Facism and the like, THIS clearly is not one of them, therefore I call Godwins Law...you lose.

Also JR...please post a link to your source for Mussolini's alleged review of Mein Kampf.
If that is so why did he pay so much money for the publishing rights?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/07/books ... ed=1&_r=3&

This also leads me to the question...What should be done with books like Mein Kampf and the authors of such books?
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.13 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
blackwidow

by exD1dad » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:34 pm

BW I know we share the opinion that our once great country is turning into a police state & there''s no doubt quotas for Police (which is one of the toughest jobs like our armed forces who fight for our freedom while most of us get fat) tickets but most people don't understand their job by definition is to "arrest & apprehend suspects"

But our Attorney general outta be in jail himself as should soooooo many wall street Banksters .....just my 2 cents & I didn't see your links because I agree not wasting ammunition when we can help move the world towards using all the oil on the planet so we'll be forced to find alternatives
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to The Pub