Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Silk Road and Reason

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Battle » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:14 pm

jonriv wrote:So it's ok to threaten a federal judge? How do you determine if it's "hyperbole and bluster" or a credible threat without investigating?

No it's not OK but I never read where a federal judge was actually threatened. The DOJ is using their position to intimidate.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by blackwidow » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Battle wrote:The DOJ is using their position to intimidate.

Winner!
https://youtu.be/nzY2Qcu5i2A

EXD1DAD: A lot of truth in what you say.
Police State Tactics 101
It's a virtual panopticon. What matters is NOT whether individuals are actually being watched, but that they know that the possibility exists, and thus their freedom of action and expression is suppressed.
internet_privacy.jpg
internet_privacy.jpg (19.79 KiB) Viewed 3651 times

Speaking of criminals Jeb Bush's first campaign ad is out already. Have you seen it?
https://vimeo.com/128445918
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:29 am

blackwidow wrote:Reductio ad Hitlerum :lol:
Wait wait wait....Are you actually comparing a blogger making the anonymous comment
(It's judges like these that will be taken out back and shot.)
And its reply
(Why waste ammunition? Wood chippers get the message across clearly. Especially if you
feed them in feet first.).
to Adolf Hitler?

Talk about jumping the shark. While I truly believe there are appropriate times that comparisons can be made to Nazi Germany, Facism and the like, THIS clearly is not one of them, therefore I call Godwins Law...you lose.

Also JR...please post a link to your source for Mussolini's alleged review of Mein Kampf.
If that is so why did he pay so much money for the publishing rights?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/07/books ... ed=1&_r=3&

This also leads me to the question...What should be done with books like Mein Kampf and the authors of such books?
image.jpg

Due to its racist content and the historical effect of Nazism upon Europe during World War II and the Holocaust, it is considered a highly controversial book. Criticism has not come solely from opponents of Nazism. Italian Fascist dictator and Nazi ally Benito Mussolini was also critical of the book, saying that it was "a boring tome that I have never been able to read" and remarked that Hitler's beliefs, as expressed in the book, were "little more than commonplace clichés".[16]

What motivated to go the "Nazi" route was that I was watching a documentary on the AHC(military channel) while reviewing your post. Perhaps an over-reach, but my intent was not to compare the judge posters to Nazis, but to show how something ignored or overlooked(as Mein Kampf was) can actually be a real roadmap to something dastardly. I am all for the unihibated exchange of political thought, ideas etc-, but when those suggestions turn to violance and acts of violance thay do (IMO) cross the line nad in many instances lose thier First Ammendment protection. Threatening violance on a Federal Judge(or any government official) for any reason, but especially for disagreeing is an afront to all of us and most undemocratic.

The article makes some valid points, but it leaves me with the question of how do you know if it is a credible threat or not without investigating?
jonriv

by jonriv » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:31 am

Battle wrote:
jonriv wrote:So it's ok to threaten a federal judge? How do you determine if it's "hyperbole and bluster" or a credible threat without investigating?

No it's not OK but I never read where a federal judge was actually threatened. The DOJ is using their position to intimidate.

How do you determine what an "actual" threat is? Would you feel the same way if Sam and Arto discussed putting you in a woodchpper because of your ASA views? :D
jonriv

by Battle » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:37 pm

jonriv wrote:
Battle wrote:

How do you determine what an "actual" threat is? Would you feel the same way if Sam and Arto discussed putting you in a woodchpper because of your ASA views? :D

LOL...Well they probably have but has nothing to do with ASA views :lol:

...but no I wouldn't consider that a threat. Now if they wrote to me in the context of..."I am going to put you in a woodchipper" then yes, I would consider that a threat.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:46 pm

jonriv wrote:The article makes some valid points, but it leaves me with the question of how do you know if it is a credible threat or not without investigating?

The question for me is not whether or not it should be investigated. It's a question of should a subpoena be issued.
Battle

by blackwidow » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:44 pm

This just in...
How Government Stifled Reason's Free Speech
Yes, the feds can compel magazines and websites to cough up user information about obviously non-threatening trolls, while barring them from even acknowledging it.
http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/19/gover ... les-speech

See ya.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

Previous

Return to The Pub