Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Snow

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:54 am

DD in Maine reported that the sun came out yesterday and she was rushing home to shovel snow in shorts ... In the last wave Boston got 2 feet but they only got 10 inches ... Looks like Boston is catching up ... I saw a reporter on CNN say Boston had gotten " 50 inches and received another 20 inches, it's simple math, 70 inches, ... almost 7 feet " ... LOL ... er uh, well, maybe not so simple :roll:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by PDad » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:25 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:DD in Maine reported that the sun came out yesterday and she was rushing home to shovel snow in shorts ... In the last wave Boston got 2 feet but they only got 10 inches ... Looks like Boston is catching up ... I saw a reporter on CNN say Boston had gotten " 50 inches and received another 20 inches, it's simple math, 70 inches, ... almost 7 feet " ... LOL ... er uh, well, maybe not so simple :roll:

Yeah G, it's the new math where they round everything to make calculations simple - they rounded the number of inches in a foot to 10. I wonder how much they rounded the snowfall totals...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:00 pm

PDad wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:DD in Maine reported that the sun came out yesterday and she was rushing home to shovel snow in shorts ... In the last wave Boston got 2 feet but they only got 10 inches ... Looks like Boston is catching up ... I saw a reporter on CNN say Boston had gotten " 50 inches and received another 20 inches, it's simple math, 70 inches, ... almost 7 feet " ... LOL ... er uh, well, maybe not so simple :roll:

Yeah G, it's the new math where they round everything to make calculations simple - they rounded the number of inches in a foot to 10. I wonder how much they rounded the snowfall totals...

metric :)
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:12 am

Pale Rider wrote:
PDad wrote:

metric :)

Another DD called yesterday returning my butt dial ... They confirm snowfall totals but initially it was hard to tell ... The first storms were so windy that the ground would be almost bare in one area and a 4 foot drift in another ... Then it's plowed and pushed and shoveled and dumped on again and again, so actual measuring in feet for the regular Joe is impossible ... They say things like " You know Radleys ( the store down the street ), it's piled higher than it's roof " or " There is no place to put the snow and the streets are getting smaller and smaller " ... One advantage their town has is that they have a winter carnival where they close main street for a giant sleigh riding event one weekend a year ... So this year they just started piling it early using Main Street as the surplus snow storage area ... :lol: ... I think DD said it wasn't snowing yesterday, but was supposed to snow today, Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday ... One of their BF's who is a Maine Lifer ( Mainer ) says that the snow will be gone in time for our visit in August ... Glad to hear that :lol: Life goes on ... One DD has to fly out of Boston in the next week, that is of concern to them ... Otherwise, the only thing people in Maine like about Massachussetts is the sports teams ... They have a special name for people from Mass who visit or vacation in Maine ... :o
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:38 am

Massholes
jonriv

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:10 am

jonriv wrote:Massholes

ding ding ding ding ding ! We have a winner ! :lol:
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:28 am

That's what Rhode Islanders call mass drivers. However, RI drivers are so bad they make Jersey drivers look good :D
jonriv

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm

jonriv wrote:That's what Rhode Islanders call mass drivers. However, RI drivers are so bad they make Jersey drivers look good :D

Jersey drivers are just trying to keep pace with NYC drivers .... I remember when I lived in Jersey and drove a truck into NYC daily ... I had a drop at one place and then had a drop at another place just 3 blocks back the other way, same street but I was on a one way that was going the wrong way ... I could see where I needed to go but had to go north to go west to go south to go east to go north and get there .. No big deal, same old same old ... Except on this day I think the King Tut exhibit was opening as was the movie Gandhi and who knows what else ... It took me 3 hours to go 2.5 blocks ... After sitting in one spot looking at the unloading area for what seemed like too freakin long, I lost it :evil: ... Mild mannered Gimnepiwo turned into a sidewalk trucker ... I was doing okay on the left sidewalk until I passed an Impala too close to the curb, hit the guys arm hanging out the window and ripped off his side view mirror ... HFS ! In a moment of clarity I stopped, saying " OMG, WTF have I done, have I lost my mind ? " I pulled the air breaks, parked it on the sidewalk and jumped from the truck making my way to the damaged Impala and driver who was standing on my previous roadway / sidewalk ... I started my apologies, he chuckled, threw his mirror in the back seat and jumped in to drive off because traffic started moving ... He never said a word ,,,
GIMNEPIWO

by Battle » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:00 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
jonriv wrote:That's what Rhode Islanders call mass drivers. However, RI drivers are so bad they make Jersey drivers look good :D

Jersey drivers are just trying to keep pace with NYC drivers .... I remember when I lived in Jersey and drove a truck into NYC daily ... I had a drop at one place and then had a drop at another place just 3 blocks back the other way, same street but I was on a one way that was going the wrong way ... I could see where I needed to go but had to go north to go west to go south to go east to go north and get there .. No big deal, same old same old ... Except on this day I think the King Tut exhibit was opening as was the movie Gandhi and who knows what else ... It took me 3 hours to go 2.5 blocks ... After sitting in one spot looking at the unloading area for what seemed like too freakin long, I lost it :evil: ... Mild mannered Gimnepiwo turned into a sidewalk trucker ... I was doing okay on the left sidewalk until I passed an Impala too close to the curb, hit the guys arm hanging out the window and ripped off his side view mirror ... HFS ! In a moment of clarity I stopped, saying " OMG, WTF have I done, have I lost my mind ? " I pulled the air breaks, parked it on the sidewalk and jumped from the truck making my way to the damaged Impala and driver who was standing on my previous roadway / sidewalk ... I started my apologies, he chuckled, threw his mirror in the back seat and jumped in to drive off because traffic started moving ... He never said a word ,,,

I don't know why but reminds me of the saying "If you don't like my driving then stay off the sidewalk". :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Battle wrote:I don't know why but reminds me of the saying "If you don't like my driving then stay off the sidewalk". :lol:

Understandable considering what passes for sidewalks in Texas...
Sidewalk-FW.jpg
Sidewalk-FW.jpg (42.7 KiB) Viewed 4714 times

Consequently, most Texans are still struggling with how to behave on a sidewalk...
Sidewalk-How-To-7.2.12.jpg
Sidewalk-How-To-7.2.12.jpg (46.91 KiB) Viewed 4714 times

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub