Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

REALLY bad idea?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:53 am

I dont claim to be an expert at anything...but is this a great plan?

Stated plan...First we will arm the Syrian Rebels to overthrow Assad... But only the 'moderate ones'....wth is a moderate Jihadi?
Remember...the ones Obama, Kerry and even McCain wanted to arm to overthrow Assad?...Same guys who did a photo op with McCain and then had the video cutting open a guys chest, ripping out his heart and taking a bite out of it?
Arm these people...And create a power vacuum again...same thing we did in Afghanistan when we pulled out in the 80s and in Iraq when we pulled out...*hoping* they'd defend themselves...seen the mass murder videos of Iraqi troops....who dropped the weapons and equipment we GAVE them just to slaughtered like animals...????WTH?

Arm these people, and then send in ground troops if arming them fails?...Go basically fight the same damn people we'll be arming...?...WTH?
Wouldn't this be the same people we HELPED overthrow Libya and Egypt? Islamic fundamentalists...aka Muslim Brotherhood..... (Egypt threw their asses out wisely...AGAINST our wishes...Saudis PAY these people to not cause unrest in their country btw...Remember most of the 911 gang were Saudis...and lets not forget Benghazi and Extortion 17...?

Call it Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda, ISIS, Syrian Rebels, Hammas...and who knows how many other names...which are all the same...and all of them call for the overthrow of Israel...who will, if necessary nuke that whole region...twice...

...all while Congress cuts military spending with a samurai sword...But the Countries tax revenues set new records every month...?

And NOW sending 3000 (that's just the start) US troops to combat the Ebola epidemic?....

FUBAR.....
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:39 am

We've got the best minds working on it.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/378958107100 ... e-courses/
Perhaps we could first entertain and educate ourselves.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/372905704000 ... hark-week/
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:16 am

I believe that arming moderate Syrian separatists is a mistake. At this point they are too small a group and frankly as PR mentioned I certainly question their loyalty

Here is what I think our options are.

Continue the air war, hard

Arm the the Kurds, they have proven over time to be loyal, moderate, and excellent fighters. Send in some special forces to help train them

We need to get some of the more reliable regimes in the area to get involved. The only one's that I believe have the
Real capabilities are the Egyptians and the Jordanians. Perhaps the Saudi air force as well. It is in their best interest to defeat Isis

We need to get the Turks involved. They are an ally through NATO and they are threatened more so than other countries in the area. Their border is also being used to trade black market oil and any other products from Isis. Turkey has a very capable military that could certainly be used take on another front. They also have air bases we need. We will see how their internal politics play out.

We may also have to hold our noses and cooperate with the Assad regime and even perhaps with the Iranians- publicly or in secret(enemy of my enemy theory)

We May have to use us troops if a major opportunity Shows itself

I view this as a great opportunity, the us military is designed to fight large set piece battles. Here we have an enemy that wants to fight out in the open, this a great chance to eradicate a huge threat swiftly and decisively
jonriv

by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:50 am

I'm hoping our country becomes Isolationist. I'm fed up with our never-ending posture as the world's babysitter, while our own infrastructure goes down the toilet. We announce to Canada, Mexico, Australia, France, Israel, UK, and all the other parasites that we are done protecting them. It's every country for themselves. We also announce that any attack on our country or our citizens will be dealt with extreme prejudice. We announce that the collateral damage of our retribution will be significant, and if the offending country doesn't like it, then they can deal with the problem internally in their own country, so that we don't have to. We don't put military boots on the ground, we put bombs on the ground. If some of these other countries like Syria can't act civilized, and root out the terrorists in their own country, then maybe the Stone Age is where they belong.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:06 am

Personally, I have been done with risking any more American lives in the Middle East, like Donnie's daughter, ever since Iraqi War I. Time for the Saudi's and the rest of the Arab countries to be told we're done being their bug exterminators. They don't want to spray for bugs in their back yard? OK. Then they risk bug infestation and eventual entry into their homes with life threatening diseases. We'll train on how to spray and we'll sell you the sprayers but we will not do the job for you any more.
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:18 am

Unfortunately we have 'O' as the commander and chief. He and his kind do not understand that the militaries job is to kill and bomb. Not to provide humanitarian aid, or rebuild or make hospitals in Africa. but we the people are stuck with that for another two years, then the uninformed voter will vote for their next American Idol.

Why not use these 3,000 troops that HE is sending to Africa for ebola and use them at the VA?
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:36 am

The problem with isolationism is that it usually allows the problem to spread. Those problems over there do have an impact on us here usually financially and worse. Some of the countries you mentioned should not come under the parasite title. The uk and Canada have supplied troops etc on many an occasion. We are also the only country in the world with any real ability to project power and we should continue as long as it is within our interests. I do agree that the countries in the area and Europe need to carry more of their share, especially since it is in their interest and has more of an effect on them. I do think that ISIS presents a clear and present danger to the US and I would much prefer to use it over there

The US military has always been used for humanitarian aid through several administrations. Again it is the only organization with the air/ sealift ability and the infrastructure to get things done efficiently and quickly

I am not in favor of using the military to try to seal our southern border. It is a mission they are not trained for and it is a poor use a resource. Most military leaders want no part of that mission. I am in favor of deploying the correct resources and giving those resources the tools and manpower it needs-the border patrol(perhaps with the backing of the coast guard) would be much better suited for what is coming across now.
jonriv

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:59 am

The problem will surely spread. Good. Eventually it will start threatening the stable countries with their own air forces and ground troops. And then the fighting will continue for decades. (Kind of like the way it has been for centuries.) But it will be their men and women dying, not our fathers and mothers and daughters and sons and sisters and brothers. It won't be our loved ones walking around maimed/crippled for the rest of their lives. And I certainly place a higher value on that then I do the potential economic affects which I'm far from convinced would be so significant that the two considerations would enjoy anything close to parity.

At some point it becomes time to kick the 30 year old slacker the Hell out of the house so he has to be a man, get a freaking job and fend for himself. And fend he will if forced to.
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Kurds...Peshmerga fighters...damned mean, tough, gritty SOBs...
Problem with that is the Turks fear them also...Turkeys has already said HELL NO on helping us do anything...They, like the Saudis are afraid of the ISIS bunch starting crap in their country...(not ISIL...see note)

As far as the border, no military isnt a wise use of a resource, but SOMEONE has to close down that flow...which our administration wants to come...Saw a video of busloads of them getting SSN's , started in the EBT program AND registering to vote...at a one stop shop near Memphis...
Im for immigration, for those who know my last name...it aint a Native American name...my ancestors came across the pond after WWI...legally thru Ellis Island...

...I dunno....this is getting really creepy, really fast aint it?

Note: Dear Leader uses the term ISIL, not only because ISIL means all the land Israel included...but primarily because the feminists in the administration put out that since there are women, named in the US after the Egyptian Goddess Isis (God of Magic and life) that using the word Isis *may* offend someone and contribute to the imaginary war on women in the US :roll:
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:The problem will surely spread. Good. Eventually it will start threatening the stable countries with their own air forces and ground troops. And then the fighting will continue for decades. (Kind of like the way it has been for centuries.) But it will be their men and women dying, not our fathers and mothers and daughters and sons and sisters and brothers. It won't be our loved ones walking around maimed/crippled for the rest of their lives. And I certainly place a higher value on that then I do the potential economic affects which I'm far from convinced would be so significant that the two considerations would enjoy anything close to parity.

At some point it becomes time to kick the 30 year old slacker the Hell out of the house so he has to be a man, get a freaking job and fend for himself. And fend he will if forced to.

That was kind of our policy following ww1, we wound up with a Great Depression and a Second World War. I certainly agree that more of it needs to be done by others, but someone has to lead. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away, probably just make it worse. I would rather fight small actions than some greater conflict. We need to push hard to our allies in the area and to others in the region that they need to do something. Let them know we will help, we will support and even intervene when needed, but they need to be in there. That's why I like the Kurds, they are willing to fight their fight, just ask for our help. It is time for the Egyptians, Jordanians, Saudis and especially the Turks to get to work

Btw if turkey is attacked, we are bound by treaty as is the rest of NATO to jump in
jonriv

Next

Return to The Pub