Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

What do you think?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Clamato » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:51 am

The world keeps turning while you are stuck in a rut. You are a prime example of the GOP! You wish I get cancer and I wish you get a clue. Keep spinning buddy!
Clamato

by Battle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Well Clamato I'll tell you...I'm a white man and I'm proud to be a white man. My dad is white, my mom is white, and my grandparents are white. I'm proud of them too. That's probably one of the worst things you can say in the US today but I really don't give a shit.

I don't hate anyone and I don't want anyone to hate me...but some do.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by DonnieS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Battle wrote:Well Clamato I'll tell you...I'm a white man and I'm proud to be a white man. My dad is white, my mom is white, and my grandparents are white. I'm proud of them too. That's probably one of the worst things you can say in the US today but I really don't give a shit.

I don't hate anyone and I don't want anyone to hate me...but some do.

I'm with you, Battle, the scary part is that those people vote and they are the reason we have who we have. I have seen race based hate at its worst - and since it being minority hate on white - it doesnt fit their paradigm. And because I asked, why a minority trying to kill a white because he was white , why that wasnt a hate crime , I was called a racist. And so now I dont give a shit.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Clammy, no ill will on you, but no healthy mind would write a manifesto like that, the reason for my concern.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Safebyahare » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:34 pm

My party knows what to do with Clammys, we make'm steamers.
It is the party of Liberty. Not of larger more intrusive government.
The original OP was about persuading youth to think Hitler and George W Bush are similar.
I call bullshit.
She has called out professors to me in college. I now tell her to tell them what they want to hear.
THAT is a shame.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:36 am

Perhaps is the action of one teacher or even symbolic of some trend. I find a few things wrong

First it is wrong for a teacher to push or endorse a certain political agenda. No matter which side, especially with student that young

The other thing almost if not more troubling is the weak topic of the essay. Trying put some moral equivalency between bush and hitler is gratuitous at best. How about a real topic that might the kids to really think. "G h bush vs g w bush comparison" or "bush vs lbj". If hitler is the guy. "Compare Mussolini, hitler and Franco". Etc

Or do something recent. Look for similarities between Obama and bush. Or perhaps focus on the similarities most of us have than the differences.
jonriv

by DonnieS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:48 am

jonriv wrote:Perhaps is the action of one teacher or even symbolic of some trend. I find a few things wrong

First it is wrong for a teacher to push or endorse a certain political agenda. No matter which side, especially with student that young

The other thing almost if not more troubling is the weak topic of the essay. Trying put some moral equivalency between bush and hitler is gratuitous at best. How about a real topic that might the kids to really think. "G h bush vs g w bush comparison" or "bush vs lbj". If hitler is the guy. "Compare Mussolini, hitler and Franco". Etc

Or do something recent. Look for similarities between Obama and bush. Or perhaps focus on the similarities most of us have than the differences.

JR, your idea and my idea is for the instructor to put some thought into what the kids are to study. This person had none to spare.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:02 pm

DonnieS wrote:
jonriv wrote:Perhaps is the action of one teacher or even symbolic of some trend. I find a few things wrong

JR, your idea and my idea is for the instructor to put some thought into what the kids are to study. This person had none to spare.

As in teach them HOW to think ...not WHAT to think...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Pale Rider wrote:As in teach them HOW to think ...not WHAT to think...

I like this concept, and we will implement it right after you complete your essay on how
Obama and Jesus are similar.
But class before we begin, let's praise our dear leader. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFC1qFCgyA
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:06 pm

How to think is always the way. I have had very liberal professors whom I did not agree with. They forced all their students that if the had an idea or theory( even if was different than his) you needed to support it with facts and examples. Many times that ezcerciaecwas more valuable than making a point with someone that agrees with you. Developing a thesis and supporting arguement a are what kid should be writing about
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub