Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

NFL finally does the right thing

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Some of you guys need to really re look at this. There is no way to defend this. There are many professions, mine included, that if I was on the news or in the paper on anything similar would be fired. If it soils your public image or sullied the image of the company. Your gone!!
See what happened, this pig deserves to lose the privilege of playing professional sports

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/09/ ... -spitting/
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:23 am

So...and Im not defending his actions...Nobody is defending Rice...hes a thug, a glorified thug, placed on a pedestal by his fans...and the NFL but...its another it is what it is things...I dont watch the NFL anymore...

Know a fantastic couple, Male blew his wifes trapezius muscle away with a 20 gauge shotgun...AFTER she stabbed him repeatedly with a butchers knife...both lived, neither sought charges...case dismissed...point being...actually its none Joe Q Public business what people do...No criminal charges filed and, no civil firing liability based on govt laws...Your own company can do that...But do you want govt enforced laws to do that?...Exactly based on what part of the taxpayers funded legal system and Constitution can you force a private organization to fire someone?...Jail HELL YES...Fire...no
Its the NFLs problem...not some damn legislators

But you seek a law, administered by whom, that's says 'abuse your spouse' and you are fired?
There are already laws against it...criminal laws...more laws?
But having those laws carry over to a private (albeit govt assisted) company...with an automatic 'dismissal?....
Don't you think that's opening up for a ton of false accusations?
Also...ask a cop what call he hates to go on the most...They'll tell you...Domestic...because whoever is getting their ass whipped, both will attack you...

You seek a government with way to much power...
Cant wait for the thought police to show up....
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:50 am

MLB knew for years that Bobby Cox beat his wife and they did nothing. The Braves didn't lose any fans.

Did they treat him differently because of his race?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:37 am

No one in the govt forced the ravens to fire. Ray rice. It was a business decision. The nfl thought that these actions reflected poorly on the league image and they took action. If I did something similar and it became public, I would be fired for the same reason. Most businesses are in the customer service and or sales, anything that might effect that can be grounds for termination-period. If it's not public different story
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:42 am

jonriv wrote:No one in the govt forced the ravens to fire. Ray rice. It was a business decision. The nfl thought that these actions reflected poorly on the league image and they took action. If I did something similar and it became public, I would be fired for the same reason. Most businesses are in the customer service and or sales, anything that might effect that can be grounds for termination-period. If it's not public different story

Ok, so why do you think anyone defends what he did, what she took and still married him...and now says its none of our business?
Ravens canned him...NFL canned him...whats the issue
I havent seen a 'Free Ray' shirt...but I will...so will you and it wont be Joe Q Public wearing them...

Hell, I may get mad and go loot a Foot Locker and a Liquor store to show my anger :mrgreen: :roll:
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 am

Pale Rider wrote:
jonriv wrote:No one in the govt forced the ravens to fire. Ray rice. It was a business decision. The nfl thought that these actions reflected poorly on the league image and they took action. If I did something similar and it became public, I would be fired for the same reason. Most businesses are in the customer service and or sales, anything that might effect that can be grounds for termination-period. If it's not public different story

Ok, so why do you think anyone defends what he did, what she took and still married him...and now says its none of our business?
Ravens canned him...NFL canned him...whats the issue
I havent seen a 'Free Ray' shirt...but I will...so will you and it wont be Joe Q Public wearing them...

Hell, I may get mad and go loot a Foot Locker and a Liquor store to show my anger :mrgreen: :roll:

The only people I see defending him is on this site. Know idea why she stayed with him, but it is very common in domestic violence case. Unfortunately will probably fin her dead in a few years and everyone will be outraged. The ravens fired home and the nfl suspended him because they know this will quiet down within a few news cycles which is what they want. It's good business

Also he was charged and he pleaded down to a lesser aggregated assault charge
jonriv

by ron2691 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:25 pm

Most teams have conduct clause in contracts so player has no recourse in this type of situation.
ron2691

by tbjd33 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:43 pm

As far as I'm concerned they are both idiots and NFL/Ravens are trying to run a business. Trying to run a business sifting through crap an employee created. An employee they pay millions and drop another bag of cash marketing. So when you all wonder what the hell are they doing it's all about protecting an investment. Risk or reward they gambled and now they are paying for it.

The NFL will move on because the $$$ makes the world to round and this to shall pass. Right or wrong it is what it is...

Tired of this claim JR that she's/women are victims. Just isnt so! Learned first hand growing up watching my mother provoke my step dad. This issue is 50/50 and you cant convince me otherwise. Both sides are sick and truthfully end of the day it's a personal matter taped and viewed by all of us...

Not an epidemic though it's an unfortunate circumstance of family life and will always be. Sad but true and no law or outcry will change it. With that being said, if my DD's daughter lays a hand on her my pic just may be on the news at 9...
tbjd33

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Was just watching cnbc, a report came in that the nfl was sent the tape three months ago and receipt was acknowledged. Also, there are some indications that Ray Rice may be subject to additional charges
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 pm

jonriv wrote:Was just watching cnbc, a report came in that the nfl was sent the tape three months ago and receipt was acknowledged. Also, there are some indications that Ray Rice may be subject to additional charges

...damage control to Aisle 2 please...He'll attend a wife beaters class...be back by the playoffs would be my guess
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub