Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

NFL finally does the right thing

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:27 pm

It is not there job to police, but they do have a public face and as a monopoly do have certain social responsibilities. They are entertainment and public image is key
jonriv

by as the world turns » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:34 pm

I wonder what the New England progressive would do in a similar situation?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Battle » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:36 pm

jonriv wrote:He should have wiped his face and walked away.

Not spit back? Why not?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Because we are not in third grade
jonriv

by Battle » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:08 pm

jonriv wrote:Because we are not in third grade

...and spiting in someones face is not a third grade tactic? Is a man suppose to carry himself at a higher standard than a woman? Are you saying that a woman is not equal to a man contrary to what society teaches us and what we teach our kids?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:13 pm

You are suppose to be gentleman and in this case be the better person. That's part of being an adult
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
jonriv wrote:It is not there job to police, but they do have a public face and as a monopoly do have certain social responsibilities. They are entertainment and public image is key

And there is not a single person, that regularly watches football, that would stop watching if he continued to play. There is just a bunch of white noise being generated by people that have nothing better to do..Its just a ridiculous cycle that feeds off itself. Just like the crybaby retail customer that the store will not tell to go take a hike the NFL, just like the NBA, is caving to a non issue.
Goodell is probably glad for the distraction from that gay player getting cut otherwise he would be catering to that vocal fringe group

I am sure that goodell got more than one phone call from major sponsors. The nfl has done a poor job on this and many other situations

The way it was working you got a six game suspension for failing a drug test for pot but only 2 games for knocking out a woman and dragging her on the floor
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:43 pm

jonriv

by ron2691 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Its not his right to play pro football, its a privilege besides I don`t see his own union running to his defense. He`ll be forgotten just like every player who is no longer in the league remember hundreds of talented players head for the draft every year.
ron2691

by Battle » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:19 pm

jonriv wrote:You are suppose to be gentleman and in this case be the better person. That's part of being an adult

Is she not an adult too? If the law is not going to do anything about it and she is not going to do anything about it...you know except marry the idiot: :roll: ...then the NFL shoudn't do anything about it.
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub