Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

NFL finally does the right thing

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:31 pm

I don't think any team will touch him for at least a year. Heard an nfl commentator refer to him as "radioactive". The required counseling and some time I am sure he will be offered another chance. America loves a good comback story.
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm

jonriv wrote:I don't think any team will touch him for at least a year. Heard an nfl commentator refer to him as "radioactive". The required counseling and some time I am sure he will be offered another chance. America loves a good comback story.

HA...If runs the ball like he can...they wont care of that sumbitch has Ebola...He'll play
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:11 pm

Everybody seems to be missing something big here (IMHO) & that's just like Michael Vick I have no doubt in my mind that Rice was just doing 1)what he saw or learned at home (yes folks lets blame the parents) 2) what may have been something he'd been doing for years (& she might have gotten a few pops in there too) IE their normal relationship. 3) even though he knew it was wrong, he couldn't control himself because he either though he was above it (glorification of pro athletes or he's so stupid he didn't think twice (Rutgers may have lowered his academic standards to let him in & he may have been a Sports Science major :D )

Jonriv it doesn't matter if he was from New Rochelle, New York or New Suffolk (pop 349) you don't wake up one day & decide to abuse your girlfriend/spouse, it's learned behavior combined of course with Spazzdads analogy of NFL players being thugs & animals (which is needed to both make it & excel) not all of them but look at the brewha of the DB from the Seahawks last year, it's a requirement of the job
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:29 pm

D1 I agree with you. Spousal abuse seems to know no racial, geographic, ethnic or economic barriers
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:13 pm

exD1dad wrote:Everybody seems to be missing something big here (IMHO) & that's just like Michael Vick I have no doubt in my mind that Rice was just doing 1)what he saw or learned at home (yes folks lets blame the parents) 2) what may have been something he'd been doing for years (& she might have gotten a few pops in there too) IE their normal relationship. 3) even though he knew it was wrong, he couldn't control himself because he either though he was above it (glorification of pro athletes or he's so stupid he didn't think twice (Rutgers may have lowered his academic standards to let him in & he may have been a Sports Science major :D )

Jonriv it doesn't matter if he was from New Rochelle, New York or New Suffolk (pop 349) you don't wake up one day & decide to abuse your girlfriend/spouse, it's learned behavior combined of course with Spazzdads analogy of NFL players being thugs & animals (which is needed to both make it & excel) not all of them but look at the brewha of the DB from the Seahawks last year, it's a requirement of the job

....annnnd?
Whats the fix?...
Nuttin'...Ever seen the movie, Running Man?...
If the public would stomach it...it'd be longer running than Wheel of Fortune...
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 am

[quote="tbjd33"]Tired of this claim JR that she's/women are victims. Just isnt so! Learned first hand growing up watching my mother provoke my step dad. This issue is 50/50 and you cant convince me otherwise. Both sides are sick and truthfully end of the day it's a personal matter taped and viewed by all of us.../quote]

I do agree with you partially. I too had the pleasure of watching the abuse my dad gave my mother. Except, she did nothing to provoke it. My dad was a very mad drunk. My sister and I did nothing to provoke our beatings either. It was to the point that when I heard the screaming and the eventual slap of the hand or thud of the fist strike my mother that I knew to get my extra bed in my room ready for my roommate for the night. Mom figured out that dad wouldn't beat her in front of us. One night, my roommate didn't show up after the thud. So I checked and had the pleasure of watching my dad sitting on top of my mom strangling her. All I could do was run to my room and cry into my pillow. Finally another house shacking thud and mom was in the room. All this was tough for a 9 year old to deal with, but you do.

To this day, I praise my mom for what she did. She played it smart, she stayed with my dad long enough to go to school and get a degree to get a job so she could leave him. Most women are afraid or don't get the chance.
Sftbll4ever

by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:20 am

Sftbll4ever wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:Tired of this claim JR that she's/women are victims. Just isnt so! Learned first hand growing up watching my mother provoke my step dad. This issue is 50/50 and you cant convince me otherwise. Both sides are sick and truthfully end of the day it's a personal matter taped and viewed by all of us.../quote]

I do agree with you partially. I too had the pleasure of watching the abuse my dad gave my mother. Except, she did nothing to provoke it. My dad was a very mad drunk. My sister and I did nothing to provoke our beatings either. It was to the point that when I heard the screaming and the eventual slap of the hand or thud of the fist strike my mother that I knew to get my extra bed in my room ready for my roommate for the night. Mom figured out that dad wouldn't beat her in front of us. One night, my roommate didn't show up after the thud. So I checked and had the pleasure of watching my dad sitting on top of my mom strangling her. All I could do was run to my room and cry into my pillow. Finally another house shacking thud and mom was in the room. All this was tough for a 9 year old to deal with, but you do.

To this day, I praise my mom for what she did. She played it smart, she stayed with my dad long enough to go to school and get a degree to get a job so she could leave him. Most women are afraid or don't get the chance.

Troubling conclusion for me.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:43 am

jonriv wrote:Was just watching cnbc, a report came in that the nfl was sent the tape three months ago and receipt was acknowledged. Also, there are some indications that Ray Rice may be subject to additional charges

Why do we continue to protect people (adults) that don't want protection?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Sftbll4ever wrote:
Troubling conclusion for me.

Not really, She started to sleep in my room all the time. If we left too soon, there was not money, no job, no roof over our heads......there were no shelters then like there are now.
Sftbll4ever

by Pale Rider » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Definitely not making light of spouse abuse...its horrible...But Rice's wife seems to OK with it...

AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub