Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

This has to stop

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Its like this...some city tend 'to 'fib'...ok, flat ass lie about crime rates...
Because it makes an administration LOOK bad if crime rates go up on paper...

The crime rates come from the FBI
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:03 am

...and you trust their intel and numbers ?
I have a bridge I need to sell you...

You need to go outside your comfort zone more often....
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 am

Not sure why I would not trust the FBI data. Not sure what motivation they would have to make the data look better. In fact, a real cynic would think they would inflate the numbers more to show how much they are needed and how much bigger budget $$$$$ they need

Having lived around NYC my whole life and spent a lot of time working there, it is night and day between the NYC of the late 70s and 80s to today- light years. My only hope I'd deblasio does not mess it up
jonriv

by fontana10! » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:52 am

Jonriv where do you get this stuff....lmao. If you look up the Uniform Crime Report of the FBI you will clearly see where they state their information is gathered. It's from the law enforcement agencies. It clearly states that. Please stop the madness. .....lol
fontana10!

by jonriv » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:15 pm

So you don't think the FBI vets the numbers?

You think guliani was lying?

I also know from my own eyes in NYC from then in now?

Perhaps you are mad one?
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:06 pm

jonriv wrote:So you don't think the FBI vets the numbers?

Perhaps you are mad one?

Mad?...Why do folks always think someones is mad?
You wondered why I DO NOT trust FBIs numbers...like fontana said they get them from each State , city etc...Do you honestly think a City Govt WANTS the data to show an increase in violent crime under their 'wonderful leadership'?

Mad?...Why would I be mad...I don't live there, and have no desire to EVER live there...been there twice...wouldnt live in NYC if it were free...or NOLA...ATL...Detroit...Chicago...Jackson...long list of cities...
You tend to forget they wanted Guilianis head on a stick in NYC when he was trying to clean up the place...?
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Pale Rider wrote:

Perhaps you are mad one?

You wondered why I DO NOT trust FBIs numbers...like fontana said they get them from each State , city etc...Do you honestly think a City Govt WANTS the data to show an increase in violent crime under their 'wonderful leadership'?

Mad?...Why would I be mad...I don't live there, and have no desire to EVER live there...been there twice...wouldnt live in NYC if it were free...or NOLA...ATL...Detroit...Chicago...Jackson...long list of cities...
You tend to forget they wanted Guilianis head on a stick in NYC when he was trying to clean up the place...?

Both sides seem firmly planted. Time to agree to disagree and move on...IMO.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:23 pm

It was fun though...LOL :P
fontana10!

by jonriv » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Pale Rider wrote:

Perhaps you are mad one?

Don't the cities you mention show a increase in crime.??? The data is the data. Some show increases, some decreasesz

Some did want his head on a stick, most did not. Evidence of that ishe keptgettingre-elected,even as a republican in a democratic town.

Would live in ny, fine. Nobody asked you to. I just use it as an example of a place that was as bad as it can get become the safest large city in the country in under two decades. It happened with great leadership and smart policing
jonriv

by fontana10! » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Jonriv you state it's smart policing. The "Stop and Frisk Act" that has been used doing the decrease in crime has now been ruled by the Supreme Court as a violation of one's rights. At anytime, for maybe just a hunch, an NYPD Officer was able to detain and search someone. Is this smart policing? Mayor Bloomberg has stated numerous times, the Stop and Frisk Act has had the largest impact on the decrease in violence. Now let me ask you this, if you happened to be in Huntington Beach for PGF, would it be acceptable to you if a HB peace officer detained you and searched your belonings in front of your family and friends? I think not.
fontana10!

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub