Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

This has to stop

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:28 pm

fontana10! wrote:Jonriv you state it's smart policing. The "Stop and Frisk Act" that has been used doing the decrease in crime has now been ruled by the Supreme Court as a violation of one's rights. At anytime, for maybe just a hunch, an NYPD Officer was able to detain and search someone. Is this smart policing? Mayor Bloomberg has stated numerous times, the Stop and Frisk Act has had the largest impact on the decrease in violence. Now let me ask you this, if you happened to be in Huntington Beach for PGF, would it be acceptable to you if a HB peace officer detained you and searched your belonings in front of your family and friends? I think not.

Stop and frisk was never reviewed by the Supreme Court, the local judge that had ruled against it was overturned. Her finding anyway was that the practice itself was ok, the execution appeared to skewed racially. The deblasio/ bratton admin are doing a softer gentler version, we'll see the effects

Btw, I would never be at the Huntington Beach PGF- dd is a senior in college
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:33 pm

fontana10! wrote:Jonriv you state it's smart policing. The "Stop and Frisk Act" that has been used doing the decrease in crime has now been ruled by the Supreme Court as a violation of one's rights. At anytime, for maybe just a hunch, an NYPD Officer was able to detain and search someone. Is this smart policing? Mayor Bloomberg has stated numerous times, the Stop and Frisk Act has had the largest impact on the decrease in violence. Now let me ask you this, if you happened to be in Huntington Beach for PGF, would it be acceptable to you if a HB peace officer detained you and searched your belonings in front of your family and friends? I think not.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and ... _York_City

Don't let the facts get in your way.. :D
jonriv

by fontana10! » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Jonriv if you read the response section of your link you can see the case is ongoing and the new mayor is asking for NEW leadership within the NYPD. It sure sounds like great policing tactics when their tactics are under investigation and the Mayor is asking for new leadership. Jonriv it's important to read everything.
fontana10!

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Jon, ...wah...No, nobody asked me to live there...
I wouldn't live there if it was free and $100K do nothing salary...
I seem to remember MANY whines about Guiliani and his Nazi Gestapo tactics...HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

New weirdo Mayor?...That place will resemble 'Escape from New York' if he has his way...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:32 pm

fontana10! wrote:Jonriv if you read the response section of your link you can see the case is ongoing and the new mayor is asking for NEW leadership within the NYPD. It sure sounds like great policing tactics when their tactics are under investigation and the Mayor is asking for new leadership. Jonriv it's important to read everything.

The new leadership is in. He brought back bratton. Our local tv is NYC tv so I get to watch th soap opera every day

PR. $100k won't get you anywhere in ny. Don't need you here anyway. Like a t shirt a saw several years ago. "Welcome to NY, now leave"
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Hahahaha...
Dont worry...I dont shive a get about NY...LMAO
Seems a LOT of companies feel the same way...Remington Arms leaving BTW...

Safe as an empty house...
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/15/ ... lope-home/
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:22 am

Remington was up near Syracuse, what does that have to do about NYC ???
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:46 am

jonriv wrote:Remington was up near Syracuse, what does that have to do about NYC ???

Same way Detroit and Chicago are dying...Parts of Detroit look like Chernobyl...
State and area loses companies...State revenues go down, people leave, nobody to steal taxes from...cities dry up.
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:17 am

Pr your analogy is about 30 years out of date. NYC is one of the fastest growing real estate markets in the country. Construction is booming and the economy there is doing great. I am pretty sure a hundred jobs leaving outside Syracuse will have zero effect on NYC. Also, NYC produces more in taxes to the state then it takes from the state. If you include the whole ny metro area it is even more dramatic. Upstate ny is actually a drain on downstate.

I think the heat and swamp gas has distorted your reality.

NYC. Is not Detroit, Chicago or even New Orleans

When was the last time you were in NYC?
jonriv

by Crabby_Bob » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:24 pm

jonriv wrote:Remington was up near Syracuse, what does that have to do about NYC ???

Infected by NYC politics. The prognosis is terminal.
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub