Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

What your daughters don't know about college

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:32 pm

jonriv

by CheckWriter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:33 pm

The presentation I posted is by a guy who trains organizations, including the military, on sexual abuse issues. His thesis is that it is a male problem. The exact issues - attire, behavior - being brought up as ways of maintaining power and the status quo. It diverts attention from perpetrator to the victim. It is every man's responsibility to supply some "back pressure" in situations to let other men know what the are doing or might end up doing is NOT OK. Why can't a woman party like a man? Why does she have to be more careful? Why don't coaches of men's teams talk about it not being OK to act this way? We don't senior male athletes watch out for the freshman women and stop the younger players from acting inappropriately?

Hopefully the "White House" will keep up the scrutiny and whoever is in there next will continue.

It is complete BS that one gender has to live their lives in paranoia of the other gender.

I don't by the "that's the way it is" argument for the medium or long term. Say something next time you see or hear it. Do something.I think some of the newer freshman orientations are trying to get guys to do exactly that.

First step, I think, is not to just accept it. I doesn't have to be that way. Dads need to be teaching their sons how to act around women. Just like we are teaching our daughters to be careful.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:38 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Once this thread started to discuss gang bangs, it seemed like it might be time to move it out of the Fastpitch Discussion Tab and into The Pub.

I agree...

Everyone has to remember College is not real life. This is the reason why this issue is statistically far greater then in everyday life.

It's an oversexed group of young adults and it gets out of hand. Normal people don't have or refer to "gang bangs". Common sense people!!

Sexual predators are everywhere. College levels are not much higher than real life. College just represents a target rich environment. There is no typical profile of a predator, so all should viewed with at least some suspicion and certainly caution. Many of the assaults are not at parties
jonriv

by Sam » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:17 pm

jonriv wrote:Here's another article on the subject

http://jezebel.com/5920586/when-reporti ... life-worse

.?????????

Are you saying that Sandusky attacked young women on campus?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Read the whole article
jonriv

by tbjd33 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:51 pm

jonriv wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Once this thread started to discuss gang bangs, it seemed like it might be time to move it out of the Fastpitch Discussion Tab and into The Pub.

I agree...

Everyone has to remember College is not real life. This is the reason why this issue is statistically far greater then in everyday life.

It's an oversexed group of young adults and it gets out of hand. Normal people don't have or refer to "gang bangs". Common sense people!!

Sexual predators are everywhere. College levels are not much higher than real life. College just represents a target rich environment. There is no typical profile of a predator, so all should viewed with at least some suspicion and certainly caution. Many of the assaults are not at parties

Exactly... Key phrase, "it is a target rich environment". This is the point trying to be made by those referring to young women dressing provocative.

I disagree whole heartily that it is only a male issue. Unless your a male you have no clue and secondly if you didn't go to college (live in a dorm, attend a frat/sorority party or witness the open sexual environment) you have no clue. Both are truly necessary to understand what I refer to in my posts.

I have as an athlete and so has my son. I had him read through this tread. He laughed and simply stated, "these people have no clue what they are talking about!" He also said, "College girls are nuts man!" He explained how he and teammates would watch out for each other for protection against them. The scariest were the non-college girls posing as college girls.

World is grey...
tbjd33

by as the world turns » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:23 pm

"College girls are nuts man!" He explained how he and teammates would watch out for each other for protection against them. The scariest were the non-college girls posing as college girls.

What a pant load! Makes a great story to impress the boys . A chip off the old block, eh?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm

CheckWriter wrote::
Why can't a woman party like a man? Why does she have to be more careful? Why don't coaches of men's teams talk about it not being OK to act this way? We don't senior male athletes watch out for the freshman women and stop the younger players from acting inappropriately?

:

Not sure about your questions. I guess I am just subscribe to a more down to earth approach. Like I said, I am more than willing to let the women's liberation efforts grind away on this for another 50 years and see if gets any better.

Not sure about the "why" of why girls have to be more careful. Just took the time to sit my daughter down and talk to her a bit. Let her know that when the party winds down to 6 very drunk guys leering at you, well it is going to be at that moment that you realize you should have left an hour earlier.

Coaches do talk to men's teams about this. My son, absolutely would stand up to anyone who is acting inappropriately towards women. You have zero worries if he is around. Thing is, he is not going to be one of those 6 very drunk guys left at the end of the night, either.

As far as the White House, based on effort, only thing getting fixed there on is a golf swing.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:06 pm

as the world turns wrote:
"College girls are nuts man!" He explained how he and teammates would watch out for each other for protection against them. The scariest were the non-college girls posing as college girls.

What a pant load! Makes a great story to impress the boys . A chip off the old block, eh?

How you come to that conclusion is absurd. No need to impress I could careless and have zero desire to meet anyone. Now also referring to my son in a negative connotation is classless.

Those are true first hand experiences of an athlete 99% of the world has no clue about including YOU I assume. He worked four year at a top 25 school and 12 years before he arrived to earn that right. Some respect for an honorable Man who knows how to treat women on his way in life. Sad the level of maturity on this site...
tbjd33

by as the world turns » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:35 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
as the world turns wrote:

How you come to that conclusion is absurd. No need to impress I could careless and have zero desire to meet anyone. Now also referring to my son in a negative connotation is classless.

Those are true first hand experiences of an athlete 99% of the world has no clue about including YOU I assume. He worked four year at a top 25 school and 12 years before he arrived to earn that right. Some respect for an honorable Man who knows how to treat women on his way in life. Sad the level of maturity on this site...

I have no idea who he is and I don't care, you offered him up for this conversation. But if his assessment of college girls after 4 years at a top 25 school is that they are "nuts" and that he needed protection against them, well...........I know that most are not "nuts". I am amazed you posted that.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub