Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

What your daughters don't know about college

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Pale Rider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Sunshine799 wrote:

. A woman can drink what she wants, dress how she wants, party where she wants, and since you were so graphic....perform oral sex on who she wants and can expect that to be that. Sam, there are all kinds of sex acts....ALL KINDS....and just because a girl consents to one of them, does not give a young man the right to expect them all. I'll let your imagination paint the rest. Your argument is primitive. A lot of you guys scare me. I wonder what some of you would do in these situations. Either some are all defense lawyers, or some of you MIGHT have what it takes to take advantage of a woman.... You are gross!

Good luck with that...pun intended...You obviously have feminine axe to grind simply based on your beliefs...or estrogen levels...whatever...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Sunshine799 wrote:

A lot of you guys scare me. I wonder what some of you would do in these situations. Either some are all defense lawyers, or some of you MIGHT have what it takes to take advantage of a woman.... You are gross!

The truth is sadder than you can imagine.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Sunshine799 wrote:
Sam wrote:
CheckWriter wrote:
I am more than willing to let the women's liberation efforts grind away on this for another 50 years and see if gets any better.

Why not advocate for change? Even if just on a softball discussion board. Maybe if more people did that, your granddaughters might benefit instead of your great great granddaughters.

I did a lot of deferred gratification to do research in nuclear medicine instrumentation and cancer applications and didn't like how indirect my contribution was so I went to Med School and am now a radiation oncologist and a significant portion of my practice is treating childhood cancer. I treat all the kids that come through our practice. The others refuse because it is "too hard to deal with". Somebody has to step up.

It is a lot less OK to drive drunk than it was 20 years ago. That is because people, MADD comes to mind, started getting pissed off about it. After all, it is the alcohol's fault that that the driver killed somebody, not the driver.

How about stopping blaming alcohol and sluts and whores and putting the responsibility where it belongs - the perpetrators. Why is it that no posters or sons of posters would ever do such a thing and treat women with the utmost respect at all times but it is the woman's fault when it does happen? It is pure, unadulterated BS. Message you are sending is clear. It is just feeding in to supporting the status quo.

Many posters give 10 time more crap to parents that think their DDs are good players - maybe even a little better than they really are - than to guys that sexually assault women.

At least frickin' condemn the situation, go on record, stop making excuses and accepting. Pathetic.

Off my soap box.

Just watch it if you haven't:
http://youtu.be/KTvSfeCRxe8

Thanks for bringing up The alcohol since nobody here has actually blamed alcohol for these issues. We have talked about the young women who abuse alcohol being held accountable in the legal system........just like drunk drivers are now.

The issue is the girls' behavior can be a contribute to causing some of the events. They can control their own destinies in most instances by avoiding behaviors that place them I situations where they may be assaulted.

That is the change you need to be supporting along with the boys changing their behaviors.

No does mean No. No alcohol, no slutty clothes, no casual oral sex, no frat parties, no attack.

"I'm pretty convinced you are just trying to inflame things, and don't even take yourself seriously."

Sam?? Not take himself seriously??? :lol:

You just inadvertently posted the funniest thing ever on HB! :lol: :lol:

Carry on... :lol: :lol: :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

How does this work for a synopsis?

- No always means no, in every moral and legal sense. This is in no way contingent on manner of dress, state of mind (intoxication), past or present behavior, or level of intimacy at that present time.

- Young women should understand that there are sexual predators out there, and there are certain behaviors that increase their risks of being victimized by these types of individuals.

- There are no steps that anyone can take to completely protect themselves from rape.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hit&Run » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Bully list?...
Sandusky is GREAT reason to teach your kids what a creepy ass human is...WTH...Kindergarten BS...must be 12 yr olds on here posting...
On that...I lay some blame on parents...No WAY would I have allowed ANYONE to take my minor aged kid out of my sight...and administration who KNEW what that bastard was doing...IT WAS ALREADY ILLEGAL...
But you advocate more what?...Laws?...Rules?....what?...Make what he was doing even MORE illegal?...
You cannot MAKE people moral...grow the hell up...

...and as far as the gratuitous shout out Candy ass statement about 'changing travel ball...to more fit YOUR wishes...
Thats another childish statement...You DON'T like the current system?....or who runs it?
Start your own system...Just dont be all frowny faced and pout when your UFPSA fails...
Utopian Fast Pitch Softball Assn....

When you make these kinds of statements about the parents I am really lost? How much is there blame? I mean both my wife and I work and we used to leave my oldest at a daycare. I'm sure a lot of parents do. I know several kids that traveled this summer with other parents to tournaments in other states. I remember as a kid my next door neighbor used to babysit me and my sister when my parents went out. I am even guilty of dropping my kid off at practice or letting her spend the night at a friends house. But I never once expected anyone to be raped. If it did happen I wouldn't be mad at myself or my wife. We didn't commit a crime.
I'm glad you were lucky enough to carry you kid with you everywhere you went. Fact is most parents can't.
Hit&Run

by Hurricane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Thank the lord for you.. You are just trying to make the world better,.....wait for it......
For the children.
Do you also preach the mantra " if it just saves one life".

wow! Did you really read what you just wrote? and then still posted it?

Well, I guess excuse me for sticking up for 12-14 year old girls.
Hurricane

by Hurricane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Bully list?.. ...and as far as the gratuitous shout out Candy ass statement about 'changing travel ball...to more fit YOUR wishes...
Thats another childish statement...You DON'T like the current system?....or who runs it?
Start your own system...Just dont be all frowny faced and pout when your UFPSA fails...
Utopian Fast Pitch Softball Assn....

Pale: you're better than the dribble you just posted. You know exactly the issue discussed.

The problem I see is that when some poster calls out the B.S., the BSer's all of sudden go postal and attack the poster instead of discussing the topic. They are angry that someone would call them out.

The sad part is everyone knows and sees it, except for the BSer's. They still think they are fooling everyone.

that's sad, Pale.
Hurricane

by exD1dad » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm

did everybody miss my GRAIN ALCOHOL warning? :roll:

Hurricane are you a woman ? You just can't stop with the he said she said & move past yourself.

Checkwriter as always your commentary is solid & right on the money

Pale Rider sorry the thieves got you, my brother in Alabama hadn't locked his doors for 30 years except when he goes on vacation, but he does now. & you need to learn it's the meth heads who ripped you off, not the potheads. dopers don't steal to get high because they don't need the drug to feel normal like herion addicts & don't have that physical "calling" that can only be met by their drug of choice like rock cocaine or meth. Also, in comparison to alcoholics pot heads don't come home from a night out getting stoned & beat their wives & children like abusive alcoholics do so do your homework cuz 2 out of our last 3 presidents smoked pot
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:14 pm

exD1dad wrote:did everybody miss my GRAIN ALCOHOL warning? :roll:

Hurricane are you a woman ? You just can't stop with the he said she said & move past yourself.

Checkwriter as always your commentary is solid & right on the money

Pale Rider sorry the thieves got you, my brother in Alabama hadn't locked his doors for 30 years except when he goes on vacation, but he does now. & you need to learn it's the meth heads who ripped you off, not the potheads. dopers don't steal to get high because they don't need the drug to feel normal like herion addicts & don't have that physical "calling" that can only be met by their drug of choice like rock cocaine or meth. Also, in comparison to alcoholics pot heads don't come home from a night out getting stoned & beat their wives & children like abusive alcoholics do so do your homework cuz 2 out of our last 3 presidents smoked pot

I know who did it...I got my wallet back the next week...every card etc still in it...they don't want to keep your stuff because that's INSTANT guilty if they get caught with it...Of course I;d cancelled the cards...

Man who brought it to me...he was like 7ft tall and an IT super nerd...told me who it was...a local douchebag white trash (so folks dont think I'm prejudice...scum doesn't have a color) He was already wanted for stealing railroad iron (BIG mistake...Feds get ya on that) plus 2 other home invasions...so I was lucky , so were they cause I have a 'little friend' beside the bed with 30 chums in its mag well and they wouldn't have sneaked in with my dogs inside...
I'd have split the rounds up equally so one couldn't complain he had more leaks than the other..10 ea...whether they 'needed' them or not....I'm all about giving and equality....(plus I have 2 extra mags...but waste not, want not :D )

2 were apprehended the week after they robbed me...in a high speed chase / crash with the cops...One was permanently crippled in the accident (awe ...pity party)...3rd guy ring leader was caught later by Feds...on his 3rd Felony strike...He has a long career now in the penal system...as in life, no parole...
and its pretty obvious Obama smoked pot... by the bale it seems...:roll:
As far as alcoholics, my father in law was one...But he got clean and sober ...And sure the pot heads steal...Not necessarily the 'urban' weed folks...But...tell ya what...leave your wallet on the street or your car unlocked around the Cheech and Chong fogbank looking hobos in Denver...see if it gets returned...who the hell brought up weed any way?...

Enough of the morals and values crap...I cant dictate what people do or what they don't do...
Laws only work for the ones who follow them...and creating law after law to supplement or enhance the ones already there is just dumb...I worry about the things I can change and for the people in 'my lane' or those who cant help themselves...

If people feel the need to piss on the electric fence because society tells them its hot...Well...knock yourself out...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Great job! You guys and gals got tossed from the fastpitch discussion forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

exD1dad, I have spoken with my dd about drinking.
The TB parents also taught her, from the tail gate meetings, snack bar solo cups and the lobby parties in CO.
I have told her that beer at a party is OK, (watch your drink) but I also told her that the hard stuff scares me, the Fireballs and the apple pie moon shine, ect. ect.. It all compromises your defenses and judgement.
We have a love hate relationship, I am judgmental and a parent
We also have a rule,,,,,above anything else,,,if you are in trouble CALL,, no questions asked, no matter the time or circumstance, we will answer and come.
As a college player you also have a target on your back, if you mess up, someone will want to take your spot on an error.
We can give advise, it's your choice to heed or ignore it.
Good Luck.

I do not have an angel,,,,I have a daughter with a will of her own and choices that belong to her.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub