Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

What your daughters don't know about college

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Pale Rider » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:37 am

Safebyahare wrote:

We have a love hate relationship, I am judgmental and a parent
We also have a rule,,,,,above anything else,,,if you are in trouble CALL,, no questions asked, no matter the time or circumstance, we will answer and come.

We can give advise, it's your choice to heed or ignore it.

I do not have an angel,,,,I have a daughter with a will of her own and choices that belong to her.

To add to this...
True...I'm not my kids Bestie,
I'm their parent...Biggest Allie, worst enemy...Its my job to make sure they get old enough to be wise...
(Never confuse, Wisdom, Education and Intelligence...that's 3 different things)

When they don't at least listen to my advice, they've promoted themselves above their pay grade... I hope they are prepared to deal with the consequences...I'll help, but its them that has a problem...

As far as the CALL...Thats a standing SOP...It also works for any kid who knows me to include my friends kids...I will come, bring hell with me to protect them...No questions...
but 24 hr rule applies...In 24 hrs we will discuss what happened...

I dont want an Angel...I want a smart, sharp young woman who has a will, and makes wise decisions on her own...not somebodies patsy...or victim
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 am

Hit&Run wrote:
Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:Here's another article on the subject

http://jezebel.com/5920586/when-reporti ... life-worse

.?????????

Are you saying that Sandusky attacked young women on campus?

Would you say that it was the young boys fault? I don't remember if they were dressed provocatively, but I am curious to see how you would defend Sandusky?

Sandusky is a predator. Big difference.

Women can, and do, turn alcohol-enhanced young men into "predators" by their behaviors. These men end up doing things they wouldn't think of if they were sober.....so the legal system treats these young women as they behave. If they don't, there is no deterrence to acting as drunken sluts.

Feel free to attempt to make a cogent point.....it would be your first.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:37 am

Hurricane wrote:I see you are back to being a bully, TD. Stop being so intolerant of others on this board and you might learn something from the "young uns" :mrgreen:

I was merely trying to warn CW about you and some others.

I think you are being intolerent of intolerent posters.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 am

I'm pretty convinced you are just trying to inflame things, and don't even take yourself seriously. You make a half decent point with the word contribute. Lots of things contribute to lots of things. What Check Writer is so plainly saying, is that, if people like you would stop clouding the issue - then there would be a ground swell of support, so deafening.... That many of the cases you refer to would not happen in the first place. A woman can drink what she wants, dress how she wants, party where she wants, and since you were so graphic....perform oral sex on who she wants and can expect that to be that. Sam, there are all kinds of sex acts....ALL KINDS....and just because a girl consents to one of them, does not give a young man the right to expect them all. I'll let your imagination paint the rest. Your argument is primitive. A lot of you guys scare me. I wonder what some of you would do in these situations. Either some are all defense lawyers, or some of you MIGHT have what it takes to take advantage of a woman.... You are gross!

I'm pretty convinced that you may have raised your daughter to act this way and you want everyone to drink your "no means no" koolaid so that if she does put herself in one of these dangerous situations, YOU can claim the moral high ground and absolve yourself from any responsibility. YOU can look into your DD's mascara smeared face and tell her that she was right in what she did and these animals need to be punished. YOU will tell her to keep on doing what she was doing because this was an isolated case. YOU will get to sleep at night because YOU are such a good parent.

Congratulations.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 am

Sam wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I see you are back to being a bully, TD. Stop being so intolerant of others on this board and you might learn something from the "young uns" :mrgreen:

I was merely trying to warn CW about you and some others.

I think you are being intolerent of intolerent posters.

You make a valid point.

I just think that HeyBucket has the communication tools to make things better for everyone. When a new idea or solution is offered, instead of demeaning it right away, just debate the pro's and con's to see what good (if any) can come out of it.
Hurricane

by artomatic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Hurricane wrote:I just think that HeyBucket has the communication tools to make things better for everyone. When a new idea or solution is offered, instead of demeaning it right away, just debate the pro's and con's to see what good (if any) can come out of it.

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Sam wrote:
I'm pretty convinced you are just trying to inflame things, and don't even take yourself seriously. You make a half decent point with the word contribute. Lots of things contribute to lots of things. What Check Writer is so plainly saying, is that, if people like you would stop clouding the issue - then there would be a ground swell of support, so deafening.... That many of the cases you refer to would not happen in the first place. A woman can drink what she wants, dress how she wants, party where she wants, and since you were so graphic....perform oral sex on who she wants and can expect that to be that. Sam, there are all kinds of sex acts....ALL KINDS....and just because a girl consents to one of them, does not give a young man the right to expect them all. I'll let your imagination paint the rest. Your argument is primitive. A lot of you guys scare me. I wonder what some of you would do in these situations. Either some are all defense lawyers, or some of you MIGHT have what it takes to take advantage of a woman.... You are gross!

I'm pretty convinced that you may have raised your daughter to act this way and you want everyone to drink your "no means no" koolaid so that if she does put herself in one of these dangerous situations, YOU can claim the moral high ground and absolve yourself from any responsibility. YOU can look into your DD's mascara smeared face and tell her that she was right in what she did and these animals need to be punished. YOU will tell her to keep on doing what she was doing because this was an isolated case. YOU will get to sleep at night because YOU are such a good parent.

Congratulations.

Awesome.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Sam wrote:
Hit&Run wrote:
Sam wrote:

.?????????

Would you say that it was the young boys fault? I don't remember if they were dressed provocatively, but I am curious to see how you would defend Sandusky?

Women can, and do, turn alcohol-enhanced young men into "predators" by their behaviors. These men end up doing things they wouldn't think of if they were sober.....so the legal system treats these young women as they behave. If they don't, there is no deterrence to acting as drunken sluts.

Women make young men predators?!?!????? Sam you have your head up your ass. You claim you don't blame the victim, but there you go. These people are predators. Slutty dress and flirtation scan lead promiscuous behavior, but that is wanted contact etc. sexual assault is unwanted contact. Alcohol does not cause sexual assault, it is the tool of the predator. They seek incapacitated victims or even cause the means on incapacitation. Sexual assault is a violent crime. You should be going after the predator. You seem to be so worried about false accusations, which are 5% of reported assaults and since only 50% of assaults are repeated it's more like 2.5%. The problem is assholes like you blame the victim and make it less likely for them to press on. Sam the problem here is not the women, it's the asshole predators who force their will through physical force and/or intimidation- exactly like Sandusky. Sam- time to move out of the middle ages
jonriv

by jonriv » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:03 pm

There is no "typical" victim. The quiet "good girl" is as likely a victim as the "slut". These are not "horny" guys who just made a mistake. These are predators. This is not a crime about sex, this is a crime that uses sex for power and domination

Sam if you want to make a argument of the evils sexual promiscuity in college, go ahead, but it has little to do with sexual assaults.

Our daughters need to be aware of the dangers and try to avoid the situations that put them in dangers. As exd1 mentioned, grain alcohol and date rape drugs are out there. Our dd's best defense is awareness and to stay with friends

We should also teach out sons to have the courage to help any girl they see in potential trouble

My dd says the baseball team views the softball team as their "little sisters" and has many times looked out for them and protected them

Predators give all guys a bad name and need to be exterminated
jonriv

by Sam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:37 pm

jonriv wrote:
Sam wrote:
Hit&Run wrote:
Sam wrote:

.?????????

Women make young men predators?!?!????? Sam you have your head up your ass. You claim you don't blame the victim, but there you go. These people are predators. Slutty dress and flirtation scan lead promiscuous behavior, but that is wanted contact etc. sexual assault is unwanted contact. Alcohol does not cause sexual assault, it is the tool of the predator. They seek incapacitated victims or even cause the means on incapacitation. Sexual assault is a violent crime. You should be going after the predator. You seem to be so worried about false accusations, which are 5% of reported assaults and since only 50% of assaults are repeated it's more like 2.5%. The problem is assholes like you blame the victim and make it less likely for them to press on. Sam the problem here is not the women, it's the asshole predators who force their will through physical force and/or intimidation- exactly like Sandusky. Sam- time to move out of the middle ages

So you are saying that a rape is a rape is a rape and all convicted rapists are the same. OK. What color is the sky in your world? These are not all predators and many of these college "rapes" are initiated by the young woman's behavior upon inebriated men who wouldn't ever think of doing anything like this if not for the combination of promiscuity and alcohol. There are differing degrees of homicide ranging from justifiable homicide to 1st degree murder.....because of mitigating circumstances. Why do you differentiate between homicide and rape?

Your stats are bullshit, JR. Talk to a cop and they'll tell you about the girls who will claim rape in order to get out of trouble with their parents. Its why they look at all rape victims with a jaundiced eye.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub