Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

2.6, Blind Squirrel and Arto

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by PDad » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:A quick story: My kid's boyfriend planned a dinner at a restaurant with his family and ours. His family was already there with my kid when my wife, son, his girlfriend and I arrived. My daughter was extremely surprised to see us and asked us what we were doing there. Then her boyfriend took out a little box, opened it and asked her to marry him. After a minute or two of trying to deal with her shock she finally said yes. I have never seen her so happy. I had tears in my eyes for the first time since adding bran to my diet.

I never came close to shedding a tear over anything related to my kid's sports. But I'm apparently too weak to cope with any dignity when seeing my tiny fragile snowflake so happy about something that matters more than any home run she ever hit.

Free Flowing, Little Knowing, Crying Bitch Showing Squirrel

Thanks for the update and the perspective it provides. Congrats and best wishes to the couple.

For the sake of the rest of us, ditch the bran!
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:Just saw this thread. I appreciate the sentiment. Thank you.

Don't post much any more since I added bran to my diet. My previous condition was the secret to being able to provide remarkable insights.

My kid is done with softball now. I suggested she try giving some kind of lessons but she has no interest. Pity. It saddens me to think of all the 12 year olds that will have to learn on their own how to time their spitting for when the TV camera happens to be on them and say "Sucks!" in post game interviews. I believe she should give back to the sport but it's her life. Maybe down the road.

A quick story: My kid's boyfriend planned a dinner at a restaurant with his family and ours. His family was already there with my kid when my wife, son, his girlfriend and I arrived. My daughter was extremely surprised to see us and asked us what we were doing there. Then her boyfriend took out a little box, opened it and asked her to marry him. After a minute or two of trying to deal with her shock she finally said yes. I have never seen her so happy. I had tears in my eyes for the first time since adding bran to my diet.

I never came close to shedding a tear over anything related to my kid's sports. But I'm apparently too weak to cope with any dignity when seeing my tiny fragile snowflake so happy about something that matters more than any home run she ever hit.

Free Flowing, Little Knowing, Crying Bitch Showing Squirrel

That's great! Thank you for sharing. So maybe it won't be too long before Grandpa Squirrel starts posting about the lack of good pitching and poor umpiring in T-Ball! Congratulations and enjoy your next chapters!
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:38 am

Wow Grandpa Squirrel.
Dammit you kids get off my lawn!

Anyways, yes, I still read alot of the posts on Heybucket, although I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
I guess I realized the 10u and 12u parents don't want helpful hints, and I usually cn stop myself from posting....although my fingers will post on their own sometimes like with the high school jv mom who needs a case of duct tape, and trying to convince posters like Hurricane that it's ok not to worry about recruiting at 12u...

My kid just finished her freshman year of college and came out alive, so that in itself is cause for celebration in Artomatic's world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPclFQikaQY

Art
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to The Pub