Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

2.6, Blind Squirrel and Arto

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri May 23, 2014 4:47 pm

As I am reading the latest posts for apparel, equipment for sale, teams gearing up for PGF and College Super Regionals overviews, it makes me long for the days gone by when 2.6, Blind Squirrel and Arto would put their spin on the microcosm of travel softball, in their own, inimitable fashion. Most of the time, I couldn't stop laughing. Others, because of their insights, would cause me to check myself, because I thought the world revolved around the ups and downs of 10U or 12U TB. If there is a HB Hall of Fame, I would nominate these guys as the first ballot inductees. Their posts were must reads.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Fri May 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Don't forget Skarp, all though several who got a tongue lashing from him already have :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri May 23, 2014 5:27 pm

exD1dad wrote:Don't forget Skarp, all though several who got a tongue lashing from him already have :D

Yep, probably need to get whole list going for #1's consideration!
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:51 pm

exD1dad wrote:Don't forget Skarp, all though several who got a tongue lashing from him already have :D

I haven't forgotten Skarp...or the lashings. Ouch! :o :lol: :o
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Fri May 23, 2014 7:22 pm

I got a 1st class "dressing down" by Skarp in person when DD was a Frosh (our kids played HS together) which I totally deserved :oops: Of course being the big mouthed, braggadocio that I am I totally deserved it, took it like a man & life went on. Actually I spoke to him a couple of months ago & he's happy & doing great. His DD is a gem & my DD is my opposite, very humble .

I do find it interesting how this board has changed, but if you consider 9 out 10 restaurants fail in the 1st year NumeroUno & Spazzdad definitely deserve another "tip of the cap" for what this site has done & continues to do for the sport & all the DD's whose lives have been made better for it!

Lastly with HS coming to an end I got a sneaky feeling things are gonna heat up like they always do :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:29 pm

exD1dad wrote:I got a 1st class "dressing down" by Skarp in person when DD was a Frosh (our kids played HS together) which I totally deserved :oops: Of course being the big mouthed, braggadocio that I am I totally deserved it, took it like a man & life went on. Actually I spoke to him a couple of months ago & he's happy & doing great. His DD is a gem & my DD is my opposite, very humble .

I do find it interesting how this board has changed, but if you consider 9 out 10 restaurants fail in the 1st year NumeroUno & Spazzdad definitely deserve another "tip of the cap" for what this site has done & continues to do for the sport & all the DD's whose lives have been made better for it!

Lastly with HS coming to an end I got a sneaky feeling things are gonna heat up like they always do :D

Well not to worry I've said and done more stupid things in the name of softball both on this site and and in the real world to make even the most misguided softball dad look good. :oops:

Never met Skarp in person, but had the "good" fortune of being dressed down by him here on the Bucket on more than one occasion. :mrgreen:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed May 28, 2014 10:43 am

So where else but on HB can you be publicly ridiculed for supporting and being proud of your daughter and actually deserve it! Only in America!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:39 am

Just saw this thread. I appreciate the sentiment. Thank you.

Don't post much any more since I added bran to my diet. My previous condition was the secret to being able to provide remarkable insights.

My kid is done with softball now. I suggested she try giving some kind of lessons but she has no interest. Pity. It saddens me to think of all the 12 year olds that will have to learn on their own how to time their spitting for when the TV camera happens to be on them and say "Sucks!" in post game interviews. I believe she should give back to the sport but it's her life. Maybe down the road.

A quick story: My kid's boyfriend planned a dinner at a restaurant with his family and ours. His family was already there with my kid when my wife, son, his girlfriend and I arrived. My daughter was extremely surprised to see us and asked us what we were doing there. Then her boyfriend took out a little box, opened it and asked her to marry him. After a minute or two of trying to deal with her shock she finally said yes. I have never seen her so happy. I had tears in my eyes for the first time since adding bran to my diet.

I never came close to shedding a tear over anything related to my kid's sports. But I'm apparently too weak to cope with any dignity when seeing my tiny fragile snowflake so happy about something that matters more than any home run she ever hit.

Free Flowing, Little Knowing, Crying Bitch Showing Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:45 am

Awesome. Does he know what he is getting into ? My wife and I have worked up some "disclosure" forms for any boys that exceed the 4 months red line.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Right Donnie. I think some (or maybe all) of us probably think of the same Mr. T/Clubber Lang quote when it comes to the poor schmoe that dates our DD's...

"I pity the fool!" :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnKm6ftPu0

Congrats Squirrel...
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to The Pub