Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Freedom of Information

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Sam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 pm

When I spoke about statistics and liars, I was referring to the fact that many people can use the same set of facts to different ends. This document provides a different perspective:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publica ... _marij.pdf
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Once you are convicted of a felony, you are never really free even though you are not in jail/prison. Just the conviction is enough to ruin your life. That's what people don't understand. When you are released, the prison has just begun. You can read all you want but you don't really know unless it has directly affected your life and I'm not talking on the self rightous side of life.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Battle- the answer is simple- don't commit the felony
jonriv

by Battle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:31 pm

jonriv wrote:Battle- the answer is simple- don't commit the felony and get caught

LOL...I fixed it for you. You would be surprised how easy it is to commit a felony but you probably already know that. Don't you? ;)
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:35 pm

No- I meant don't commit the felony in the first place- then you do not need to worry about being caught and any other consequences.
jonriv

by Battle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:52 pm

jonriv wrote:No- I meant don't commit the felony in the first place- then you do not need to worry about being caught and any other consequences.

You're right. It's not complicated. I've seen a lot of people do an about-face when having to deal with it when their child is involved. They really find out what's really up. The don't do the crime kind of goes out the window...hence. the change in laws.
Battle

by jonriv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Wow battle- sounding like a liberal :D

I see how people get when there kids are invovled, only wished more of them were that invovled with their kids before it happens,

Maybe I tend to have a very black and white view when it comes to right and wrong(even though I acknowledge there are many shades of gray) It was the way I was brought up and it is the way I have raised my kids. I have always believed in self responsibility. Sorry if that seems simplistic or righteous, but it is the way I feel.
jonriv

by Battle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:29 pm

jonriv wrote:Wow battle- sounding like a liberal :D

I see how people get when there kids are invovled, only wished more of them were that invovled with their kids before it happens,

Maybe I tend to have a very black and white view when it comes to right and wrong(even though I acknowledge there are many shades of gray) It was the way I was brought up and it is the way I have raised my kids. I have always believed in self responsibility. Sorry if that seems simplistic or righteous, but it is the way I feel.

Nothing wrong with that. You can't dictate what your kid will be later on in life no matter how involved you are. I think peers dictate that more than you. You can only hope that they really listened to you. I do agree with you that more parents should be involved. I also think when people get married and have a child, they should stay together. That would solve a lot of problems with the youth... More so than anything.
Battle

by jonriv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:37 pm

We can help them with who their peers are by staying invovled. Having them invovled in activities(ie softball) is a great thing.

BTW- I came from a divorced family, but my Father was strict and fair. Had some simple rules:

1) Don't break the law

2) If you get arrested -expect to spend the night

3) I had no curfew, but I had to be home when I said(or call) and I had to be going somewhere and doing something- just hanging out was not an option

4) We were only allowed to call in sick to school if we were throwing up and/or had a fever
jonriv

by Battle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:47 pm

jonriv wrote:We can help them with who their peers are by staying invovled. Having them invovled in activities(ie softball) is a great thing.

BTW- I came from a divorced family, but my Father was strict and fair. Had some simple rules:

1) Don't break the law

2) If you get arrested -expect to spend the night

3) I had no curfew, but I had to be home when I said(or call) and I had to be going somewhere and doing something- just hanging out was not an option

4) We were only allowed to call in sick to school if we were throwing up and/or had a fever

I know a lot of kids that had the same rules. When they apply for jobs and come to the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony" part, they have to answer yes. Not because they killed or raped someone but because of a possession charge. It's ridiculous. They became a repeat offender. It makes me wonder what would've happened if they could get that good paying job. But I guess don't do the crime is the answer...huh?
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub