Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Freedom of Information

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by PDad » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 am

That works. Carry on with your never-ending battle for truth and justice.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:54 pm

blackwidow wrote:Since the overall addiction rate has remained relatively flat in spite of all the money thrown at the WAR on drugs I see I see that as a failure.

One could arue the "flat line" as a success based on the fact that drug use was spiraling out of control stating there is no telling what it would have been like without the war on drugs. I just hate to see the kids that get caught up in the stupidity of sending them to prison, hitting them with a felony on 1st offense drug possession and having to pay for it for the rest of their lives. If it's a 1st time and a non-violent crime, there should be a way to expunge it in every state after so many years.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:05 pm

PDad wrote:That works. Carry on with your never-ending battle for truth and justice.

It shouldn't be just BW. It should be everybodys including yours. People need to realize that there are"Jonrivs" everywhere. The self rightous prevails more so than not and they are usually the ones that know the least because their only source of knowledge comes from the press.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Battle wrote:I just hate to see the kids that get caught up in the stupidity of sending them to prison, hitting them with a felony on 1st offense drug possession and having to pay for it for the rest of their lives. If it's a 1st time and a non-violent crime, there should be a way to expunge it in every state after so many years.

I favor the diversion programs where they can avoid the trial and conviction altogether by fulfilling requirements such as education, community service and keeping out of trouble for a number of years.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:That works. Carry on with your never-ending battle for truth and justice.

It shouldn't be just BW. It should be everybodys including yours. ...

You're slipping, Battle. Does this help?
That works. Carry on with your never-ending battle for truth and justice. :roll:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:36 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:I just hate to see the kids that get caught up in the stupidity of sending them to prison, hitting them with a felony on 1st offense drug possession and having to pay for it for the rest of their lives. If it's a 1st time and a non-violent crime, there should be a way to expunge it in every state after so many years.

I favor the diversion programs where they can avoid the trial and conviction altogether by fulfilling requirements such as education, community service and keeping out of trouble for a number of years.

I do too or just adjudicated for a 1st time. It's not necessarily the crime that determines if a case can be plead down, it's the substance for which you are caught with that determines that.
Battle

by Battle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:43 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:

It shouldn't be just BW. It should be everybodys including yours. ...

You're slipping, Battle. Does this help?
That works. Carry on with your never-ending battle for truth and justice. :roll:

Uhm nooooo...that was the point of "including yours". :lol:

Even good trolls miss something every once in a while though... so I'm not beyond it... :D

Trollology is a form of Mythology. Once you realize that, it all makes sense... :lol:
Battle

by jtat32 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:03 am

Battle wrote:Trollology is a form of Mythology. Once you realize that, it all makes sense.

Sounds like another quote from a Rush song.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 am

Battle I am certainly not righteous. I actually agree that first time offendors(with some exceptions) should not have the book thrown at them and have a felony hang over the like some scarlet letter. However, my experience has been(at least here in CT and NY where I grew up) most times simple possesions are plead down to misdemeanors- many were givene several chances. The only one I new that got hit hard on a posseion for a first time was a guy I knew in college, but he had a peat moss size bag of pot in his trunk(and was passing a bong in his car with friends driving down the highway) I am just not sure I buy that all these people with these felonies hanging over them were first time offenders and victims of the system. Again, the cases I saw among those I knew either got off easy(many times) or had reached a serious level when they actually got in REAL trouble
jonriv

by blackwidow » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 am

jonriv is both clueless and self righteous.
It is no coincidence that the US prison population exploded when the war on drugs was created.
People even with a trash bag full of pot should not be put in jail in a so-called free county.
The use, sale, and possession of drugs should be entirely legal.
Return the focus of law enforcement to real crimes like robbery, rape, murder, theft.

This country has become a nation of self-righteous busybodies, and it’s this busybody quality that has led us down the road away from freedom toward totalitarianism, with more laws, jails, rules, ordinances, regulations, codes, permits, licenses, taxes, fees, fines, etc.

Freedom is the one thing that you have to give to others in order to be sure you can have it for yourself. With that in mind, be sure to make a contribution, today and everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHrCfrXdVcc
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub