Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Freedom of Information

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by blackwidow » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by ontheblack » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:37 pm

By the end of this decade, pot will be legal in every state with the possible exception of Utah. However there will still be people who lives were forever altered because of a possession charge last decade.

You cant say that those felonies were ever a reasonable punishment for the crime, which ins no longer a crime today in many cities.

As for those upstanding citizens who have never committed a felony, consider

- the # of Wall Street types who could be charged with felony SEC violations
- the # of Americans who have committed perjury and fraud (think tax returns). Ever not reported income from tips or failed to 1099 someone for work performed over a certain dollar amount?
- more than a few 18 year olds with 17 year old or younger girlfriends who have done more than kiss
- anyone violating a websites TOS. Its called Computer Fraud and Abuse (Title 18 U.S. Code §1030)
- Copyright infringement - Its not just the countless # who have downloaded music illegally, but those who have used a copyrighted image without permission. Heybucket has several who have committed a felony simply with their avatar.
- violate curfew

Here is a book for you JonRiv:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1594032556/reasonmagazineA/
ontheblack

by jonriv » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 am

Not sure what your point is?? Too many laws?? Too many scoflaws?? Coyirights/trademarks good or bad?? Should we have no laws?? Crime and punishment change through the ages(ie debtor prison) Are you looking for 100% enforcement, no enforcemet- what???

As for those upstanding citizens who have never committed a felony, consider

- the # of Wall Street types who could be charged with felony SEC violations

How many?? Which laws?? What exactly is a Wall Street type? You paint a broad brush. As someone in the financial industry I am face with a huge amount of regulation I need to follow. The company I work for also has very dedicated compliance officers that audit and monitor us relentlessly to make sure we are compliant

- the # of Americans who have committed perjury and fraud (think tax returns). Ever not reported income from tips or failed to 1099 someone for work performed over a certain dollar amount?

US tax system is unique in that it actually operated on the "honor" system. We basically report ourselves what we owe- every once and a while the IRS will audit us to make sure we reported right

- more than a few 18 year olds with 17 year old or younger girlfriends who have done more than kiss

So you have a problem with Statutory rape laws(which vary by state-its not Federal)?? Most states the 18-17 does not qualify. Leagal age of consent varies from state to state

- anyone violating a websites TOS. Its called Computer Fraud and Abuse (Title 18 U.S. Code §1030)
Is not a TOS violation a Tort-- more likely to be handled in civil court??

- Copyright infringement - Its not just the countless # who have downloaded music illegally, but those who have used a copyrighted image without permission. Heybucket has several who have committed a felony simply with their avatar

Copyrights/tradmarks/patents have been covered by US law since and including in the constitution. Use of an Avatar-as long as personal is considered OK. Downloading unlicensed music is in essence stealing(just ask the artists)
- violate curfew
jonriv

by exD1dad » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:20 am

Sorry Jonriv but the Banksters including all the CEO's of banks, Goldman Saks, The Fed (essentially all Goldman Sacks "retirees") the SEC, all the mid managers & up with their Enron accounting that is supported by our bought & paid for politicians all the way up to our pontus! Hell even those blokes across the pond fixed the London Libor, the SEC (who wrist slaps Wall Streeters) are a bunch of criminals & everybody knows It's fixed, & that it has been, & will continue to be. Inside trading is a daily thing. It's a fricken joke & I'm not pointing the finger at "financial advisors" who make a percent off what they make their clients (of which I assume you are in that category)
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:34 am

Which CEOs and why???

The FED

anyone else...

pretty broad strokes.....

SEC wrist slaps?? The only issue with the SEC is that they are probably understaffed(but who needs more governement) and prior to the financial crisis were to busy following Sarbanes-Oxely offenses(because of stupid post Enron regulations)

The only crime Goldman Sachs has done (not really a crime) is persuading regulaters to follow their(GS) practice of Mark to market which was what killed Lehman & probably Bear Stearns

Easy to point fingers on what you are obviously very ignorant of- someday you need to get past the headlines and hyberbole and read some facts
jonriv

by exD1dad » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:02 am

Jonriv you're calling me ignorant ? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wake up & smell the decafe baby cuz it's burning
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by blackwidow » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:20 am

This short clips sums it up for me.
..http://youtu.be/nLfDcZH2kaU

More on the Rockefeller Drug Laws
http://www.npr.org/2013/02/14/171822608 ... -we-punish

Obedience is Freedom.jpg
Obedience is Freedom.jpg (15.21 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

Fewer Laws and more justice.
http://jimbovard.com/blog/2013/05/06/am ... st-rights/
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by SC44 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:56 am

The war on drugs is changing and to be honest, our government never wanted us to win. In California, we have this new law in place called AB109. This is prison realignment. If a crime is considered NON- serious, NON- violent and NON- sex related, you will NOT go to prison (state that is Feds are whole different story). Drugs are categorized as a NON,NON,NON. So what does that mean? Get caught with a ounce of coke, heroin or meth ( weed is medicine) and get county jail. Get caught with a pound of coke, heroin or meth, county jail.
SC44

by PDad » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:18 pm

jonriv wrote:- the # of Americans who have committed perjury and fraud (think tax returns). Ever not reported income from tips or failed to 1099 someone for work performed over a certain dollar amount?

US tax system is unique in that it actually operated on the "honor" system. We basically report ourselves what we owe- every once and a while the IRS will audit us to make sure we reported right

LOL Your response is off topic and an obsolete cliche. It has nothing to do with people committing perjury. It relied on the "honor" system in the beginning, but the gov't has steadily eliminated most of it's reliance on honor with mandatory reporting of income and major deductible expenses. There is still a significant amount of cash business that goes on under the radar and the gov't keeps working to eliminate it. There is no honor when it comes to taxes.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 pm

So what your saying is tax fraud is honorable??

We can certainly debate what is a fair tax rate, deductions, credits etc.... However I'm not sure I can fault the govt for enforcing the tax code. I also don't agree with glorifying cash businesses that are tax evaders to the detriment of those legitimate businesses that pay their taxes
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub