Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Sure miss Ronald Reagan

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by as the world turns » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 pm

Quotes we can use today!

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.'

- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

- Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. Was too strong.'

- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.'

- Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'

- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.'

- Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'

- Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'

- Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'

- Ronald Reagan
Last edited by as the world turns on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by 90066DAD » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:46 pm

I miss him, too.

As for what appears to be the inevitable election results ... let us pray.
90066DAD

by Moody » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:16 am

From what I can recall..Ronald Reagan was a senile, old fool, and one of the biggest jackass in our lifetime...second only to Dubya.

Homer for Prez
Moody

by Skarp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 am

90066DAD wrote:I miss him, too.

As for what appears to be the inevitable election results ... let us pray.

Aside from judicial nominations, the election became almost irrelevant the minute McCain won the Republican nomination...ensuring that the next president would be liberal no matter what.

Reagan's cold war defense spending took the national budget over the $1 trillion mark. Now, only 30 years later, the government is 4 times that size...and still they want more. What did Mr. Maverick ( :roll: ) ever do to stop that from happening? Nothing. He helped cause it.

Global warming, illegal immigration, the frickin' bailout. McCain is almost invariably wrong on all of the most important domestic issues (and he's not exactly a foreign policy genius either). Pelosi's pen and his rubber stamp will bankrupt us. Bet on it.

And how strong is Romney looking now that the economy is the big election issue? These two dummies can hardly spell economy.

Pray is right.
Last edited by Skarp on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:30 am

And God help us if BHO is elected.
Washington Times is running this article tomorrow, let's see "if" the mainstream media even mentions it.

Homer sounds like a good choice.

WASH TIMES Friday: Obama secretly tried to sway Iraqi government to ignore Bush deal on keeping troops in Iraq...http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/10/obama-sought-to-sway-iraqis-on-bush-deal/
as the world turns

by Skarp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:43 am

as the world turns wrote:And God help us if BHO is elected.
Washington Times is running this article tomorrow, let's see "if" the mainstream media even mentions it.

Homer sounds like a good choice.

WASH TIMES Friday: Obama secretly tried to sway Iraqi government to ignore Bush deal on keeping troops in Iraq...

Asked and answered. That was first uncovered about a month ago, and the MSM ignored it. It's only news now because a major paper is printing it.

Obama wanted to preserve what he felt was a winning campaign issue, so he went behind the back of a sitting wartime president to try to keep American troops in harm's way.

He wanted troops out for political reasons when the situation on the ground called for them to stay. And then he wanted them to stay for political reasons when the situation on the ground called for them to come home. The man is morally bankrupt--a political whore.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:53 am

ok, one more for tonight

remember our friend Farrakhan, watch this
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=192453

who do you suppose is going to hold the Koran for Barack Hussein Obama for the inauguration if he is elected: Farrakhan or rev Wright?
Last edited by as the world turns on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
as the world turns

by Tucson » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:23 am

We so need some leadership in the right direction but credit is what has gotten us in this mess.

My husband was the governor's chief of staff in IL. when Obama was a state senator. Obama was elected to the US Senate, because his Republican opponent got himself embroiled in a sex scandal.

Obama was such a non factor in IL. politics that I had never heard of him. He is strictly part of the Chicago machine, not so much as in Mayor Daley, but the underlying financial part of Chicago.

Follow the money trail, it ain't pretty. (As always, my opinion only)

I am off to Barnes and Noble to educate myself on The Depression.
Tucson

by Demonboy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 am

We're screwed.

Gotta love the party system.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Joe » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:41 am

Joe

Next

Return to The Pub