Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Bad guy goes to jail finally

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by DonnieS » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:59 pm

I read about that case - and followed his recovery. He, last I read, was still struggling. The difference in a lot of these injuries seems to be the number of times the brain is shocked back and forth, Erik's was twice, the blow from the bad guy - thats 1, and hitting the sidewalk - thats 2. That guy was beat and beat by several people - so his brain was being shocked back and forth - like car accident victims that arent buckled in, their brain bounces back and forth and bounces off of the inside of the car many times. Three of the people we met here in the TBI ward, their injuries were more like that - the best one of those - is still way behind Erik's recovery. I think Erik's recovery was so much faster because of only 2 impacts. The guy who was killed two months after Erik had only the one hit and then hit the ground - but unlike in Erik's case, there was no one around to come help revive him and so he laid there and died - which is what the neurologist said would have happened to Erik had he not a) been revived quickly and b) had the crane-ectomy (sp) - this is where the cut a opening in the skull to allow the brain to swell - very quickly after the impacts. And yes, Erik is very aware of how fortunate he was.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:07 am

My anger toward this scumbag for doing what he did to Donnie's son precludes me from taking the high road. I hope that Fu*k gets beaten on a regular basis and is many people's Bitch the entire time he's in prison. Maybe when he gets out he'll have learned his lesson and not victimize any more good, innocent people. Probably not.

Unapologetically,
John
(Low Rent Rodent)
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 am

As all of you that are parents can imagine, our focus has to be on our kid recovering. As hard as it is to imagine anyone's kid being hurt like this, when its your own kid, you have to be careful. It would be so easy to go over the edge. When everything was happening, some of the news people would try to almost 'bait' me into talking about how angry, and say things ... etc. etc. I really just avoided thinking about the bad guy for the most part - kept all my thoughts and prayers on my kid and what had to be done to keep going forward. When I did think about the bad guy, like when there was a hearing in court or something where we had to be there and be in the same room, the thoughts I had mostly centered on how could someone hate someone else so much just based on their race that they would want to kill them - did something happen that caused it - was he just intrinsically evil ? But again, you can rip yourself open by dwelling on it - so I didnt.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:10 pm

DonnieS wrote:As all of you that are parents can imagine, our focus has to be on our kid recovering. As hard as it is to imagine anyone's kid being hurt like this, when its your own kid, you have to be careful. It would be so easy to go over the edge. When everything was happening, some of the news people would try to almost 'bait' me into talking about how angry, and say things ... etc. etc. I really just avoided thinking about the bad guy for the most part - kept all my thoughts and prayers on my kid and what had to be done to keep going forward. When I did think about the bad guy, like when there was a hearing in court or something where we had to be there and be in the same room, the thoughts I had mostly centered on how could someone hate someone else so much just based on their race that they would want to kill them - did something happen that caused it - was he just intrinsically evil ? But again, you can rip yourself open by dwelling on it - so I didnt.

Since the first time we talked in Palm Springs I knew you were a better man than I. It just pisses me off when I think of all the adversity in your life and this happened.

Sincerely,
John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Not sure I could find the high road when human garbage has so little conscience that they can arbitrarily hurt or kill innocents. I pray that your boy continues to improve and hope that scumbag gets Hannibal Lecter for a cell mate.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:25 pm

DonnieS wrote:... But again, you can rip yourself open by dwelling on it - so I didnt.

Kudos to you, because that's too difficult for most people - including myself.

I keep meditating on something I got from Pale Rider...

Of course, this doesn't mean you forget it. Just learn from it and move on.

P.S. The positive reports on Erik are great news.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:02 am

...I wished they'd let me have him Donnie
TX wouldnt have to pay for his room and board anymore
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member