Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Tip & Drills

Looking for Talking Points for Team Player's Meeting

Must be a registered user to be able to post.

by rfmnz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Looking for talking points for my 10u rec team when ever I have them in a team meeting. I feel like this area is my weakness. After a game, I typically ask each girl what her favorite play was. I talk to how we did as a team (good and bad), but I also don't like to go overboard and lose interest. Any ideas would be appreciated.
rfmnz

by BackwardsK » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 pm

I believe in goal setting...
1) for 1at bat
2) for game
3) for each tournament
4) for season

There should be team and individual goals. Discuss team goals with the team before the game. Remind them of the team goals from the list above. Discuss what needs to happen to achieve these goals. After the game discuss what goals were met AND what goals weren't. Discuss how you achieved or what caused them to not be achieved.

Individual goals may be considered private between coaches and each player (include parents in these goals as they will be the ones to provide the tools or opportunities to reach them 4-5 days a week. While you only have the practices).

Good luck. I would love to hear other opinions on this.
BackwardsK

by rfmnz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks BackwardsK!
rfmnz

by NumeroUno » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 am

Its 10U so keep it brief anything longer than 10 minutes will go in one ear and out the other. It should always end on a positive note.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by SDRenegades01 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:40 am

Ask them if anyone can tell you what they thought the other team did well. Then ask what do you think we need to work on this week in practice. If you put it out there for them you will gain their curiousity and get them thinking and paying attetion a little more they are only ten, but you'd be surprised.
SDRenegades01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Tip & Drills