Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Move

by badlyalan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Bombers in the SA Area only. Not alot of options in SA like in Dallas, Houston or even Austin.

As far as HS softball, Smithson Valley or Northside O'Conner all the way.
SV has won a couple state titles in last few years. and O'Conner is allways very good. Both are on the Northside of town.
badlyalan

by CountryBumpkin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:39 am

For your DD's age group I would say Blaze or Bombers. In San Antonio most of the 12u and 14 u good teams have joined up with the Blaze because lets face it you need to be part of an organization to get colleges to look at you.

The Firecrackers in SA have one good team but it is a 2nd year 16u team. The other Firecracker teams in the area are mediocre at best. Firecrackers tryouts are this weekend.

The Bombers are definitely a good organization in the area but a lot of people don't care for them for all sorts of various reasons. They seem to be a group that people either love or hate them. I do know that they get a lot of girls signed to college... however I think the Blaze gets more girls to D1 schools all over the country. Bombers tryouts are the weekend of the 16th

The Texas Blaze is very good. They are out of Austin but their South program here in SA has really made a name for themselves. The South director is die hard and travels a lot. Like I said above a lot of their girls go D1 and all over the country. I think they have a 100% commit rate.

As for other SA teams... there aren't many. There is a new Glory team here but I would stay far away from that. Otherwise you'll have to commute to Austin. IMO though you'd be happy on either the Bombers or Texas Blaze here in SA.
Enjoying this crazy ride.
CountryBumpkin

by CountryBumpkin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 am

Oh and for high school Johnson High School is good. Smithson Valley has no one coming into their program. Their last good year is going to be this season. After that they are done for several years and will be getting new coaches.
Enjoying this crazy ride.
CountryBumpkin

by 70clcl » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:45 am

CountryBumpkin, I'm curious why you are advising to stay far away from the new Glory team that has showed up in SA. I was thinking about taking my DD to a tryout, and would like to get a little bit more detail..
Thanks
70clcl

by dallasFP » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:06 am

70clcl wrote:CountryBumpkin, I'm curious why you are advising to stay far away from the new Glory team that has showed up in SA. I was thinking about taking my DD to a tryout, and would like to get a little bit more detail..
Thanks

When you're at the tryouts, ask the coach how much of your money will be sent to the actual Adkins organization and what you get in return. Then ask him why he joined an organization based out of Atlanta, GA. when Blaze, Bombers, IG, etc. are closer. When you're done with that, take your DD to a real tryout like the Bombers.
dallasFP

by 70clcl » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:55 am

That doesn't really answer my question, but thanks for trying dallasfp.
I haven't been able to find anything where glory is based out of Atlanta. I see that the founder now lives in Atlanta, but the org seems to be run out of the Dallas area.
70clcl

by dallasFP » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:38 pm

You didn't ask me a question. I was just posting a comment. My apologies, I just assumed that home base was where the checks are cashed. So maybe you can answer a question. What does the team fee get you?
dallasFP

by 70clcl » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:37 pm

I would assume the monthly dues would go toward field rental, cage time, equipment, etc. But that would be no different anywhere else.
It sounds like you have a personal experience with the organization, dallasfp. Would you mind sharing? Is that how you know where the organizational check is cashed? I'm just trying to make an informed decision.
70clcl

Previous

Return to TX