Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

PGF Qualifier Seguin, TX

by SoftballDad210 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:30 pm

So because I give my opions it means I don't like them very much???? I just want TX softball to be represented positively and after last years debacle with the Bombers at PGF only winning 2 games as a whole organization they failed to do that. Last years qualifiers in 12u had a 8 team bracket of 10u and 1st year 12u teams except for that 00 bomber team. They went out and got smashed. Then the 99's @ 14U and 18u's both got smashed. Now If that Kaos/ Bombers team does well I'd be shocked because we saw the same thing last year when the super duper 99 Bombers coming off a ASA 2nd place finish and moving up didn't do much of anything. They placed in a few tournaments in the fall then nothing else.; just to go to SoCal to get thier butts handed to them. The team that had little to no following and smashed all the misconceptions was that Austin Stars team. The few organizations that are elite level in Texas that have shown to be in the constant top national conversations are from Houston. Not a shot at anyone else but call it like it is without getting butthurt. Your right SoCal is a different animal and unless I see something amazing my money is on a Cali team or the Austin Stars returning as a 2nd year 14U funny thing is they are competeing all spring and early summer as 16U's and going to Colorado and playing ASA gold qualifers just to be ready to take the whole thing this year.
SoftballDad210

by tbjd33 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 pm

SoftballDad210 wrote:So because I give my opions it means I don't like them very much???? I just want TX softball to be represented positively and after last years debacle with the Bombers at PGF only winning 2 games as a whole organization they failed to do that. Last years qualifiers in 12u had a 8 team bracket of 10u and 1st year 12u teams except for that 00 bomber team. They went out and got smashed. Then the 99's @ 14U and 18u's both got smashed. Now If that Kaos/ Bombers team does well I'd be shocked because we saw the same thing last year when the super duper 99 Bombers coming off a ASA 2nd place finish and moving up didn't do much of anything. They placed in a few tournaments in the fall then nothing else.; just to go to SoCal to get thier butts handed to them. The team that had little to no following and smashed all the misconceptions was that Austin Stars team. The few organizations that are elite level in Texas that have shown to be in the constant top national conversations are from Houston. Not a shot at anyone else but call it like it is without getting butthurt. Your right SoCal is a different animal and unless I see something amazing my money is on a Cali team or the Austin Stars returning as a 2nd year 14U funny thing is they are competeing all spring and early summer as 16U's and going to Colorado and playing ASA gold qualifers just to be ready to take the whole thing this year.

Uhhh... Ok!
tbjd33

by Battle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:06 pm

tbjd33 wrote:Why do you guys always get happy when you beat a single Cali team?

You should be getting down on your hands and knees thanking the softball gods that people feel that way because it's the only thing that gives your PGF national/showcase life otherwise, you would still be traveling to play instead of suckering these people to travel to you.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Re: 2014 Central Texas 12U

SoftballDad210 wrote:
Battle wrote:
hitforpower wrote:Also if you believe that a good team can't go to PGF Nationals and lose 2 games it really shows your ignorance. PGF is not like ASA. Its the best of the best. Every team you play is good. You cant simply play in a weak metro event and get a berth.

:lol: That's funny....Um...yeah you can.

I knew we had this conversation before!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes but people are gullible as they ever were... :lol:
Last edited by Battle on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by bigtime2000 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:32 pm

It is simply amazing that when bombers/kaos won Asa nationals it was stated they didn't belong on the same field with the athletics. Now when they beat them it's oh wait till you get to so cal. So cal needs to understand other states are playing good ball. If you guys could sit on your arrogance and just look at that team. It's very good. It can compete.
bigtime2000

by tbjd33 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Battle wrote:

You should be getting down on your hands and knees thanking the softball gods that people feel that way because it's the only thing that gives your PGF national/showcase life otherwise, you would still be traveling to play instead of suckering these people to travel to you.

Suckering??? People go where the talent and competition is. If that's SoCal, Tenn or wherever. Bottom line is So Cal is the Mecca of softball and that won't change for a while. Of course there are teams with talent, but don't confuse a single win with being the best. As I've said before we'll see how the big dance goes in July.
tbjd33

by Battle » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:50 am

tbjd33 wrote:
Battle wrote:

Suckering??? People go where the talent and competition is. If that's SoCal, Tenn or wherever. Bottom line is So Cal is the Mecca of softball and that won't change for a while. Of course there are teams with talent, but don't confuse a single win with being the best. As I've said before we'll see how the big dance goes in July.

Yes suckering because without the rest of the country's teams, you would be just another state tourny. On top of that, you don't have all the best teams in the country. Some teams are smarter than that. Mecca of softball?? Give me a F-ing break...
Battle

by Triton deep 6 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:23 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
fastpitchguru wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and say that SoftballDad210 is from San Antonio and does not like the Bombers much? Your statements about how the you doubted any Bomber Teams would even come close to qualifying certainly lets us know that! And your statement about the host team only having to win 2 games to qualify in the 12U says that as well , when in reality so did the other teams?

In reality...The Bombers smashed the field in the 14U and went undefeated and beat the SoCal Athletics 7-0 to qualify. And looking at the Bracket the Bombers finished with 2 teams in the final 4?

What is certain is that you are not a softball prognosticator!

This appears to have been a very competitive group of teams in the tournament and was a very good opportunity this early in the season.

I'm curious, was the final game between Bombers and Athletics actually played or was it a forfeit? I ask because 7-0 is often the standard score given in a forfeit.

Well.......I'm curious too. Didn't that Bomber team go 6-1 and SoCal 8-1 for the the weekend? Didn't that Bomber team lose 0-5 to SoCal on Saturday? Wasn't this a "qualifier " without a 7 inning "Ship" ? Wasn't this an abbreviated double elim tourney with co-winners?
Triton deep 6

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Triton deep 6 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
fastpitchguru wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and say that SoftballDad210 is from San Antonio and does not like the Bombers much? Your statements about how the you doubted any Bomber Teams would even come close to qualifying certainly lets us know that! And your statement about the host team only having to win 2 games to qualify in the 12U says that as well , when in reality so did the other teams?

In reality...The Bombers smashed the field in the 14U and went undefeated and beat the SoCal Athletics 7-0 to qualify. And looking at the Bracket the Bombers finished with 2 teams in the final 4?

What is certain is that you are not a softball prognosticator!

This appears to have been a very competitive group of teams in the tournament and was a very good opportunity this early in the season.

I'm curious, was the final game between Bombers and Athletics actually played or was it a forfeit? I ask because 7-0 is often the standard score given in a forfeit.

Well.......I'm curious too. Didn't that Bomber team go 6-1 and SoCal 8-1 for the the weekend? Didn't that Bomber team lose 0-5 to SoCal on Saturday? Wasn't this a "qualifier " without a 7 inning "Ship" ? Wasn't this an abbreviated double elim tourney with co-winners?

Something makes me think you already know all the answers to your questions... :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Triton deep 6 wrote:Well.......I'm curious too. Didn't that Bomber team go 6-1 and SoCal 8-1 for the the weekend? Didn't that Bomber team lose 0-5 to SoCal on Saturday?

Evidently so, but that's including 2 short, meaningless pool games. Bombers were 5-0 when it mattered and SCA was 6-1.

The pool games were 65 minutes drop dead and their game was only 3 innings. The bracket games were 80 minutes finish the inning and their game ended bottom of 5. The time limit for the bracket games was short for a PGF qualifier...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX