Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

PGF Qualifier Seguin, TX

by SoftballDad210 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: 2014 Central Texas 12U

by Battle » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:27 pm

hitforpower wrote:Also if you believe that a good team can't go to PGF Nationals and lose 2 games it really shows your ignorance. PGF is not like ASA. Its the best of the best. Every team you play is good. You cant simply play in a weak metro event and get a berth.

That's funny....Um...yeah you can.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I knew we had this conversation before!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SoftballDad210

by PDad » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:13 pm

SoftballDad210 wrote:Thank you for the clarification P Dad.. :D The 14u bracket looks interesting to say the least. That 12u bracket is sad they should've been able to atrract more than a handful of teams. But if your host team only has to win two games to get a berth then I guess you're happy. I guess i didn't see that one coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

6 of the 10 teams in 12U only have to win 2 games to get a berth. The AZ Thundercats and Firecrackers have the prime spots because if they lose their first game, they also get a bye in the 1st round of the losers bracket.

Drawing brackets like that for a double elim tourney is odd, but it's equivalent to the blind draw brackets I found online. It just seems like it would be more equitable for blind draw brackets to give the losers of play-in (aka bobtail) games in the winners bracket (i.e. games 1 & 4) the bye in the losers bracket. That could be done if the losers bracket wasn't drawn off the backside of the winners bracket.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballDad210 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Congrats to all those that qualified. Looks like the chase is on for a lot of teams. So few berths and so many teams.

12U Qualifiers:
AZ Thundercats 01 - Premiere Berth
SA Tapout 01 - Premiere Berth
Texas Glory 2020 - Premiere Berth

14U Qualifiers:
SoCal Athletics - Premiere Berth
Texas Bombers Futures HTX - Premiere Berth
Impact Gold Grotenhuis - Platinum Berth
SoftballDad210

by bigtime2000 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Texas Bombers/ kaos went undefeated. They handled their business including beating so cal in bracket play.
bigtime2000

by urbummed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 am

Great Job Bombers / Kaos! You are now my pick to win the NCAA D1 World Series. :D
urbummed

by tbjd33 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:04 pm

bigtime2000 wrote:Texas Bombers/ kaos went undefeated. They handled their business including beating so cal in bracket play.

You do know it's just a qualifier! Right?

Btw... The real tournament is at the end of July in Sunny California!.!.!
tbjd33

by fastpitchguru » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 am

I am going to go out on a limb and say that SoftballDad210 is from San Antonio and does not like the Bombers much? Your statements about how the you doubted any Bomber Teams would even come close to qualifying certainly lets us know that! And your statement about the host team only having to win 2 games to qualify in the 12U says that as well , when in reality so did the other teams?

In reality...The Bombers smashed the field in the 14U and went undefeated and beat the SoCal Athletics 7-0 to qualify. And looking at the Bracket the Bombers finished with 2 teams in the final 4?

What is certain is that you are not a softball prognosticator!

This appears to have been a very competitive group of teams in the tournament and was a very good opportunity this early in the season.
fastpitchguru

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 am

fastpitchguru wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and say that SoftballDad210 is from San Antonio and does not like the Bombers much? Your statements about how the you doubted any Bomber Teams would even come close to qualifying certainly lets us know that! And your statement about the host team only having to win 2 games to qualify in the 12U says that as well , when in reality so did the other teams?

In reality...The Bombers smashed the field in the 14U and went undefeated and beat the SoCal Athletics 7-0 to qualify. And looking at the Bracket the Bombers finished with 2 teams in the final 4?

This appears to have been a very competitive group of teams in the tournament and was a very good opportunity this early in the season.

I'm curious, was the final game between Bombers and Athletics actually played or was it a forfeit? I ask because 7-0 is often the standard score given in a forfeit.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
fastpitchguru wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and say that SoftballDad210 is from San Antonio and does not like the Bombers much? Your statements about how the you doubted any Bomber Teams would even come close to qualifying certainly lets us know that! And your statement about the host team only having to win 2 games to qualify in the 12U says that as well , when in reality so did the other teams?

I'm curious, was the final game between Bombers and Athletics actually played or was it a forfeit? I ask because 7-0 is often the standard score given in a forfeit.

Never mind, I just looked it up on PGF's site and the Bombers actually beat the A's 7-3 in the semi-finals.

The bracket is here: http://www.bombertournaments.com/img/14 ... racket.jpg
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Blah blah blah... Let's just all forget about the real tournament in July. I'm mean since the Beast team from Texas is gonna come and burn the house down... Buddy it's a qualifier!

Why do you guys always get happy when you beat a single Cali team? Line up four or five and I guarantee you will limp home. If you make it though the gauntlet we(So Cal) will absolutely stand up and clap...
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to TX