Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

HS Standings Pages on Texas Prep Softball

by 18handicap » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:53 am

Hey to my friends in Texas! I need your help. I've created standings pages on Texas Prep Softball www.txprepsoftball.net and could use your help in keeping the records updated for your area. I may not be coaching anymore, but I'm still involved as much as I can in our great sport and anything I can do to help our teams out, I'm still doing. Read the following note that I put on the webpage today and see if you can help me out to keep the site updated.
Thanks!
Coach Hicks
Asst. Principal, Retired SB Coach
A&M Consolidated HS

Coaches and Fans are invited to update the standings pages on Texas Prep Softball www.txprepsoftball.net. The links to
posting are on the top tabs of the home page or using the links below. You do not have to have a password to update, and you don't have to be a coach to update either. The Google Spreadsheets are only editable on the entry page where you can put your district and overall records. The Regional tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet sort the information in order for easy viewing and reference. When you enter your records, please put the date and your name so we know how current the records are.

AAAAA: http://goo.gl/D4k6kE
AAAA: http://goo.gl/DvsTu0
AAA: http://goo.gl/46MPdD
AA: http://goo.gl/2jcC07
A: http://goo.gl/OMVZjq
TAPPS: http://goo.gl/ivDZmm
SPC: http://goo.gl/Nxw2hP
18handicap

by justawatcher » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 am

Reposting all of the inaccurate information that the local newspapers do. Great job!
justawatcher

by taking2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:55 pm

justawatcher wrote:Reposting all of the inaccurate information that the local newspapers do. Great job!

Why don't you stick to running your (over-booked & under-umped) ASA tournaments Dave and leave this guy alone?
taking2

by 18handicap » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:30 am

Sorry justawatcher, but I'm doing the best that I can do. I've run the Texas Prep Softball webpage for over 10 years and have been helping out our high school coaches for longer. I was a high school coach (now an assistant principal) for 25 years and coached many years of travel ball as well. This is an attempt to help everyone out and being that it's the first year, it will take time for everyone to start posting records. I spent a whole afternoon during my spring break trying to fill in what I could find from newspapers, gamechanger, maxpreps, etc and then I did put the date and where I got the information. So, yes you can blame me if it is incorrect, but I'm getting what I can as best as I can. I will not let your comment deter me from helping out our coaches, players, fans, etc and as long as I'm able, I will be here for our sport -- whether its travel ball or high school ball or rec ball.

My advice for you justawatcher is to help me out.....there is no password to post, just go to the link on the webpage or on the first post of this thread and it will take you to the posting spreadsheet. There you can post the records of the teams that you know or are affilated with and the date and your name and it will automatically sort for the rest of the sheets which are divided by regions.

I don't care who posts the records -- coaches, players, parents, fans, etc.......I would love it if we could all work together to keep our sport out front and make it better for all.

If you have a question, please email me at bghicks522@gmail.com

Thanks,
Billy Hicks
Retired Softball Coach, Current Assistant Principal, A&M Consolidated High School
18handicap

by justawatcher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 am

18handicap wrote:Sorry justawatcher, but I'm doing the best that I can do. I've run the Texas Prep Softball webpage for over 10 years and have been helping out our high school coaches for longer. I was a high school coach (now an assistant principal) for 25 years and coached many years of travel ball as well. This is an attempt to help everyone out and being that it's the first year, it will take time for everyone to start posting records. I spent a whole afternoon during my spring break trying to fill in what I could find from newspapers, gamechanger, maxpreps, etc and then I did put the date and where I got the information. So, yes you can blame me if it is incorrect, but I'm getting what I can as best as I can. I will not let your comment deter me from helping out our coaches, players, fans, etc and as long as I'm able, I will be here for our sport -- whether its travel ball or high school ball or rec ball.

My advice for you justawatcher is to help me out.....there is no password to post, just go to the link on the webpage or on the first post of this thread and it will take you to the posting spreadsheet. There you can post the records of the teams that you know or are affilated with and the date and your name and it will automatically sort for the rest of the sheets which are divided by regions.

I don't care who posts the records -- coaches, players, parents, fans, etc.......I would love it if we could all work together to keep our sport out front and make it better for all.

If you have a question, please email me at bghicks522@gmail.com

Thanks,
Billy Hicks
Retired Softball Coach, Current Assistant Principal, A&M Consolidated High School

My comment wasn't intended to deter you from helping. In fact, I applaud you for trying to put something together.

I have made several changes on your sheet, all of which were overwritten by you or someone else to reflect the inaccurate data posted by newspapers, maxpreps, gamechanger, etc.
justawatcher

by 18handicap » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:46 am

I overwrote it because I found information that was newer, but didn't know that it was inaccurate. I try to update once per week so if the last update is the week before, then I go ahead and update. I didn't realize that the Chronicle is that inaccurate, but I'll watch a little closer. Even if I update, go ahead and continue updating as well.......I'm hoping for the most up to date information. If I make a mistake, email me the mistake and you can correct it, or I will. No sweat for me....just want to do the best that we can.
18handicap

by sittingonabucket » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:46 am

hi coach/principal.

no good deed goes unpunished here, but with your experience as a coach and principal, i'm sure you have thick skin.

I apologize for the rudeness. Just takes one guy to make it all look bad.

you might email butch hart at

http://www.austintgca.com/softball/polls.html

he's a great guy and he tries to do similar data gathering to help everyone out.

you won't get much help here.

and don't let Dave bother you, He thinks he's being cute and whitty.

He's just in it for the money on his tournaments. There's no credibility there. His handle says it all.
sittingonabucket

by Battle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:17 pm

18handicap wrote:I overwrote it because I found information that was newer, but didn't know that it was inaccurate. I try to update once per week so if the last update is the week before, then I go ahead and update. I didn't realize that the Chronicle is that inaccurate, but I'll watch a little closer. Even if I update, go ahead and continue updating as well.......I'm hoping for the most up to date information. If I make a mistake, email me the mistake and you can correct it, or I will. No sweat for me....just want to do the best that we can.

Where can I find the playoff brackets for 3A?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

Return to TX