Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Houston Area HS Softball 2014

by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:56 am

Practice starts today :D
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:33 pm

11 days to our first game, but who's counting :P
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by sward » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:24 pm

131 days until it's finally over.

http://daycalc.appspot.com/05/31/2014
sward

by lefty04 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 am

I understand that lots of bucket people do not care for High School Softball for whatever reasons. I understand that travel ball is high for a lot of you because of the explosure and scholarships. I like travel ball also.
High school ball is exciting. The girls don't have to worry about a 100 scouts in the stands, they can just play ball for and with their school mates and their high schools. Having a lot of memories and cherishing the school spirit.
So go out and support your DD, their team and high school softball. Travel Ball will be back before you know it.
lefty04

by CULater » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Is East Bernard considered Houston area, now that they have two "transfers" they will be the team to beat in 2A.
CULater

by FungoJoe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 am

Random Predictions:

5A: Atascocita

4A: Barbers Hill

2A: East Bernard
FungoJoe

by txfastptchcoach » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:04 am

Fungo,

I like your picks!! Atascocita is going to be talked about for at least 3 more years with the kids that are on Jimbo's roster. Pearland is going to VERY salty; problem with them is if the coaching keeps from screwing it up. 1-9 they are the stoutest with NO let up on offensive side with the "Big Show" in the circle they are going to be a handful. Like it or not Show is the real deal. You might not like her dad but you can't deny the kid. Barbers Hill just reloads every year with underclassmen. If they stay healthy they will be hard to deal with also. I know of one of the kids that moved to East Benard but who was the other??? The one I'm talking about knowing will have a chance to break 2A records in hitting and stolen bases. Kid can flat out GO!!!

On a side note since I'm a Deer Park native I really partial to these kids!! Don't count them out. If they address there middle infield spots they will be able to play with anyone. They have 2 healthy pitchers and can HIT!!! Should be fun to watch!! Also Kingwood reloaded with underclassmen should do well giving Atascocita a run for District title.

Looking forward to watch Houston area High school softball this year before the real games begin in late May early June.
Last edited by txfastptchcoach on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txfastptchcoach

by txfastptchcoach » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am

Sorry for my stupidity. Show also moved to east Benard. I guess both will be setting records in Texas 2A Softball. Wow East Benard just got a jolt and I bet that coach is doing jumping jacks.
Last edited by txfastptchcoach on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txfastptchcoach

by Vess Express » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Here’s to hoping that the titles for 2A (Pilot Point) and 5A (Lewisville) stay in North Texas. Pilot Point lost their pitcher, but I don’t know about the rest of the team.

I was going to end with those comments, but now I see the real reason for this topic - the “forgotten” transfer’s name. I don’t have anything against transfers, my dd is also a transfer. However, we did that when she was in 5th grade because of many reasons besides softball.

I hope our team plays East Bernard at some point. I wonder if I can figure out who the pitcher’s Dad is…

Yea, I know - I hijacked the “Houston area” thread. It’s a slow news day.
Vess Express

by sward » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 pm

I love HS ball, it forces the coaches to work with what they have. Now, if we could get our AD to actually care about something other than his football boys, I would be happier.
sward

Next

Return to TX