Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Intentionally walking a kid in a Showcase Event

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm

I came here to see if y'all were stringing up Mack Brown after the Sooners massacred the Longhorns. I Guess college football isn't such a big deal down there anymore.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Battle » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Didn't you read Jonriv's post? Everything is bigger in Texas. Even when we lose, we lose big. We don't do notin' halfass!! :lol:

I guess Big Mack thought it was just another meaningless showcase. Thanks Spaz!! :o :D
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by rodehardputawaywet » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 am

Spazsdad wrote:Sometimes we feel sorry for you guys and just try to help out with your problems. :P 8-)
You know, kind of a voice of reason in the sea of insanity. :lol:

Sounds like a bleeding heart liberal from bankrupt blue state that has no hope…..or change! Always wants to interject his opinions into areas to feel superior to all, but has no dog in the hunt.
rodehardputawaywet

by jonriv » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 am

freetacos wrote::) I was just curious. You can all be honorary Texans!

Welcome to Tejas

ft

Rack up the Lone Star beer and some BBQ brisket and I am there!!!!
jonriv

by Vess Express » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 am

As far as the original question, I have had my pitchers pitch to the final batter in a showcase. However, I can see where some coaches might not want to, depending on the situation. I guess it just depends on your confidence level in your player, and how the player will handle the possible outcome.

Trophy Hunter wrote:I came here to see if y'all were stringing up Mack Brown after the Sooners massacred the Longhorns. I Guess college football isn't such a big deal down there anymore.

I don’t much care about football anymore, but believe me – many people eat, sleep and breathe football in Texas. Every year, I watch as the people sit in traffic on I35 from Dallas to the Oklahoma border. They all have their little flags, banners, signs, etc., and I realize it’s mostly about the hype of the game, and very little about the game itself. All the media attention whips these people into a frenzy, and I wish we could get one tenth of that kind of attention for softball.

Also, Brown should have to give back some of his 5 mil. a year salary when the team plays badly. If he’s going to take all the credit and get bonuses when they do well, he should take all the credit and take a pay cut when they do badly. And, last weekend was BAD.

Lastly, you should get credit for using y'all correctly in a sentence on the TX board.
Vess Express

by jonriv » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 am

Vess Express wrote:As far as the original question, I have had my pitchers pitch to the final batter in a showcase. However, I can see where some coaches might not want to, depending on the situation. I guess it just depends on your confidence level in your player, and how the player will handle the possible outcome.

Trophy Hunter wrote:I came here to see if y'all were stringing up Mack Brown after the Sooners massacred the Longhorns. I Guess college football isn't such a big deal down there anymore.

I don’t much care about football anymore, but believe me – many people eat, sleep and breathe football in Texas. Every year, I watch as the people sit in traffic on I35 from Dallas to the Oklahoma border. They all have their little flags, banners, signs, etc., and I realize it’s mostly about the hype of the game, and very little about the game itself. All the media attention whips these people into a frenzy, and I wish we could get one tenth of that kind of attention for softball.

Also, Brown should have to give back some of his 5 mil. a year salary when the team plays badly. If he’s going to take all the credit and get bonuses when they do well, he should take all the credit and take a pay cut when they do badly. And, last weekend was BAD.

Lastly, you should get credit for using y'all correctly in a sentence on the TX board.

the translation of "y'all" in the NY Tristate are is "uz guys"
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:24 am

forgive my past spelling:

1. yous guys
Yous guys are all wrong. Yous guys is a northeast phrase (often used by jersey girls and long islanders) meaning you guys. The extra 's' is not silent and is added for no reason whatsoever.
"Eh, maybe later I'll meet up with yous guys."

"Yous guys keep your mouths shut."

"Very funny, least I'm not stupid like yous guys."

2. yous guys 50 up, 38 down
A version of "you guys," which is mostly associated with New Jersey, but is also heard in other metropolitan areas, such as New York and Chicago.

It may also be spelled "youse guys" and is much better than saying "y'all."
Yous guys want to go to the concert tonight?

3. yous guys
How the damn Yanks say ya'll
jonriv

by rodehardputawaywet » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 am

Spazsdad wrote:
rodehardputawaywet wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Sometimes we feel sorry for you guys and just try to help out with your problems. :P 8-)
You know, kind of a voice of reason in the sea of insanity. :lol:

Sounds like a bleeding heart liberal from bankrupt blue state that has no hope…..or change! Always wants to interject his opinions into areas to feel superior to all, but has no dog in the hunt.

Oh gee, was that a dig? Good one.
I guess you missed the multiple emoticons denoting a joking undertone to my reply. Continue on good sir.

Actually Spazsdad, I enjoy your comments! You typically have a good perspective on the multiple intriguing topics brought up on Heybucket.

However, you should go back to your last icon.
rodehardputawaywet

by Vess Express » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 am

[quote="jonriv"]forgive my past spelling:
It may also be spelled "youse guys" and is much better than saying "y'all."

Although I grew up in the midwest, and was used to saying "you guys" - "y'all" actually makes more sense because you can use it when talking to men or women, and still be correct.

You all is usually what I say now, but you know how funny texans talk, and they have simply shortened it to y'all. Along with many other words they have decided were too long.
Vess Express

by jonriv » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 am

yous guys is also cross-gender

other universal New Yorker term is yeah-right- can be used as a response to just about anything

"How about those Yankees?" "Yeah Right"

"Are you going to move to Texas" "Yeah Right"

etc.......

Another thing from comdian John Mendoza

NY CPR

You look down at the victim "Get up before you freakin' die"
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to TX