Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Looking for a Travel Ball club ?

by turtle_chaser » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 am

And to answer your earlier question about looking for no daddy ball, the 14U/16U 'Texas' firecrackers has at least two daddy coaches and the 16U team has one that I know of.
turtle_chaser

by fastpitchforever » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 am

freetacos wrote:Warning...warning

Before joining the houston firecracker team I would strongly suggest looking at Connie Mays history with softball teams in the houston area. The lady (I use that term very loosely) is a walking talking team cancer. Ask her how many teams/orgs have sent her packing.

The past don't lie!!

ft

Pretty slanderous, how about some backup information to your post? How can a head coach be a cancer? What did she do to you or your DD to earn such nastiness? And don't say ask around, that's a cop out, if you are brave enough to slander someone, back it up.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by soreshins » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:43 am

Fpf--like all coaches Connie has her good points and bad points. Most softball people who know her either like her or hate her. Personally, I have always liked her--but my DD has never played on one of her teams.

Her reputation took a hit when she left the Sudden Impact just prior to nationals in 2011. Obviously there are two sides to that story. Needless to say it is a good idea to "ask around" before you join any team that is 200 miles away.
soreshins

by texasott » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 am

What I think that is worst than daddyball is a paid head coach that show EXTREME favorites to the girls on the team that take private lesson from that coach. It happens alot in 16u.
texasott

by hers » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:08 am

true...texasott. Pretty bad when a Head coach paid or not uses their team for $$ gain or to promote a few. DFW 98 Fc was a team like that. Its all about accountablity. Reputation is a very powerful thing. it can either attract motivated players or keep them from giving you the opportunity of adding their talent in the line up.
hers

by freetacos » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 am

fpf sounds like you have been drinkin some of that koolaid. That's fine, you will learn first hand what I am saying.

By the way the truth is not slander. Forget little ol me....Ask connie may herself the questions that I put forth in my post.

Some people never learn

ft
freetacos

by cincocinco » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 am

turtle_chaser wrote:And to answer your earlier question about looking for no daddy ball, the 14U/16U 'Texas' firecrackers has at least two daddy coaches and the 16U team has one that I know of.

"turtle_chaser"-14U-98 FC's has two players who's Dad's are on the coaching staff. One is the Mgr and one is a Coach. I can speak from experience that last years Hawks nor this team is what you classify as "Daddy Ball". In fact, they are quite the opposite. Their daughters compete for their infield positions just like all the other girls do.

They are a great coaching staff that loves being on the field.
cincocinco

by fastpitchforever » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 am

freetacos wrote:fpf sounds like you have been drinkin some of that koolaid. That's fine, you will learn first hand what I am saying.

By the way the truth is not slander. Forget little ol me....Ask connie may herself the questions that I put forth in my post.

Some people never learn

ft

FT, Rather than a kool-aid response you should have interpreted my response to be about you backing up your negative view with some information. Which you still haven't done. And which until you do, your statements remain garbage. So again, what has she done personally to you or your DD for you to make such an ugly statement?

Soreshins, thanks for the info, I was aware of that situation at SI, and I know why it all happened (yes there were two sides to that story), but I am unaware of any other past issues other than the usual parent that is angry about DD's playing time.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by frito_burrito » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am

i es not know connie coaches de team. de only coach i see es de blondie amanda. oooh de blondie es a muy bien coach.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PAAC » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:24 pm

freetacos wrote:Warning...warning

The past don't lie!!

ft

Your a cancer taco breath. My committee is going to find out what team your associated with and ban you from playing with us in any tournaments.. :D Learning from the EGCC, who now have their tails between their legs and head up their butt for not thinking how their decisions affect the girls. Forget about the adult to adult vendetta's, think about those girls!
PAAC

Previous

Return to TX