Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

What's going on with the Aces?

by freetacos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:40 pm

The only way you will hear anything from KC is if Stoney Burke farts...

:lol: :lol:

ft
freetacos

by justawatcher » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:56 pm

I don't understand all the sympathy for Ronnie Cole. If what David said is true, it sounds like Ronnie made a conscious decision to remove them from the tournament. Did you see how many teams were on that list? He felt "strong armed" because 10 of them would drop? Good thing David has an explanation for us:

McCorkle wrote:Ronnie Cole: "I am so sorry and I do not agree with this, my hands are tied and I am being strong armed. I am trying to build this event and cannot afford to lose that many big named teams"

Now it all makes sense. He's trying to build an event which is impossible to do without big name teams because they are the only ones who bring in colleges. Now all the HB readers can have sympathy for Ronnie because they now all believe that kids can only get seen by playing in tournaments that big name teams are in so Ronnie did what he had to do in order to survive. Wait a minute-

NorthsideDad wrote:For a player to get college exposure they do not have to play for Impact, Glory, Storm or Eclipse. I know there many Gold teams out there that are just as good as the Elite coaches' team and have great organizations and colleges do know of them.

just4fun wrote:Good point. I personally know 5 IG girls that committed while on other teams.

bigbaddude wrote:I have seen many college coaches at a whole lot of tournaments and it was not because of said top teams. I am more inclined to say that they want the kids playing at the highest level of competition regardless of where the said teams are. As long as the kids and parents do their jobs by contacting the college coaches and letting them know where and when they are playing, the coaches will show up. Facts are facts!

You said it BBDude. Facts are facts. Spineless TD's everywhere unite! Just say no. And in Ronnie's case, spend less time on the phone and more time working on those awful fields.
justawatcher

by just4fun » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:16 pm

justawatcher wrote:I don't understand all the sympathy for Ronnie Cole. If what David said is true, it sounds like Ronnie made a conscious decision to remove them from the tournament. Did you see how many teams were on that list? He felt "strong armed" because 10 of them would drop?

You said it BBDude. Facts are facts. Spineless TD's everywhere unite! Just say no. And in Ronnie's case, spend less time on the phone and more time working on those awful fields.

:lol: He also needs to learn that if wants to build a tournament, he won't do it by kicking out quality teams. Colleges don't come to watch Impact. Their kids are already committed. He will only loose the respect of other coaches. Who wants to support a spineless man that agrees to hurt little girls.
just4fun

by Softballguru » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Nine Kids are committed from Impact Gold's 16U team from last summer, not one of these kids was committed before then; Eight are now playing on the gold teams, one stayed down because she wanted to! When you morons state that impact doesn't bring kids through their system It just shows how stupid you are! Get your facts straight!
Softballguru

by freetacos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Wow guru...just what system are you talking about? What age group did this system start at?? Did all these girls start out at 10u rec at SKGSL? Were they 12 u Impact? 14u Impact?

Right....ig poaches girls from all over the state...

take the blinders off

ft
freetacos

by Softballguru » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Poaching girls from all over the state! LMAO That's really a good one!
Softballguru

by freetacos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 pm

BTW there was a point in time when each age group for ig moving up got private tryouts for the next level team before any outsiders were considerd.

Not sure where they lost thier focus about girls softball.

Sad really

ft
freetacos

by fastpitchforever » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Wow guru, I wish I was still that idealistic.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freetacos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Guru...do your homework sir...ig has had girls on the team from harlingen to sa to dallas and many points in between. If you want to run your mouth you should at least know what you are talking about :lol: :lol:

Don't believe me call jl

ft
freetacos

by just4fun » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Softballguru wrote:Nine Kids are committed from Impact Gold's 16U team from last summer, not one of these kids was committed before then; Eight are now playing on the gold teams, one stayed down because she wanted to! When you morons state that impact doesn't bring kids through their system It just shows how stupid you are! Get your facts straight!

Keep drinking that koolaid. Why don't you check out the 18u "A" team roster, and yes I know one of them came from the 14u team (by the way, where did they practice out of). Spend some time and talk to them and find out who coached them, and when they committed. You may find out that koolaid doesn't taste so good.
just4fun

PreviousNext

Return to TX