Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Top Texas Gold Coaches & Teams

by texasugly1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 pm

CoolInTheShade wrote:Complete this sentence:

"This summer I want to spend a week in...

a) Waxahatchie, Texas"
b) Spring/Klein, Texas"
c) McKinney, Texas"
d) West Palm Beach, Florida."

Well I will pick my vacation spots after my daughter finishes her gold ball career and 4/5 years of college ball. Cause I know I will be traveling there also to watch. Until then, she will be playing the best competition possible. With that said, she would not have to travel to Florida to do so.
Out of the 36 teams in Florida, how many leave the state to come and try to qualify at other regional qualifiers. Probably not many.

Other than water, I can do just about the same things in Mckinney and Houston that I could in Florida.
texasugly1

by realcoach » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:36 pm

texasugly1 wrote:
realcoach wrote:Really? Two chances to qualify in Texas and how many berths? Nine? Let's post a list of all the Texas teams that did not qualify for Gold nationals, then you can ask their players, coaches and parents if they might have considered backup alternatives to qualifying. Looks like they planned and executed a good strategy for their team.

My favorite is your slam on all the Florida teams. Send your letter to ASA and maybe they'll keep those teams out of Gold next year, I know our team would appreciate it.

Sounds more like a way of getting away from all the glory, bomber, aces, storm, batbuster teams. Well I am glad they went to florida and qualified. Can we say they are a florida team since they went 2 and BBQ at gold nats? Please, if your going to carry the name, back it up with quality play and play the best of the best. I would respect them more if they played a Rapidfire, Glory Gold, Eclipse, Bomber Gold, or Just about any of the Oklahoma teams and lost. JMO

Wow, you must have been there too but may need to look again. After your posting I looked at the board at the complex this morning and saw they went 1-2 in bracket. Might worry about your own team and let them worry about theirs. Gold Coast Hurricanes are out now too so you may be right about those lousy Florida teams. But there is a another crummy Atlanta team still in it, and they qualified in the eastern territory! WTF!!
realcoach

Previous

Return to TX