Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Top Texas Gold Coaches & Teams

by fastpitchguru » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:45 pm

With Gold Nationals going on , it got me to thinking about which team in Texas had the best Gold coach? Looking at group of teams there you notice the Old Faithfuls , the Up an Comers and the newbies! Which team in your opinion has the Best Coach at that level? Here is the criteria I think of when thinking of a good Coach:

Experience
Coach em up Ability
Motivation
Knowledge

Here is the Group of teams and their Coaches:

"Old Faithfuls"
Impact Gold - KC Jackson
Texas Glory Gold - Kevin Shelton

"Up and Comers"
Aces Express Gold - McCorkel
Texas Blaze - JB Slimp
Texas Bombers Gold - Scott Smith
Texas Eclipse - Ken Glass
Texas Rapid Fire - Menefee

"Newbies"
Texas Glory - Lusk
Texas Firecrackers - Connie

Interested what peoples thoughts are.....I have mine!
fastpitchguru

by 93players » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Best coach on the criteria of
"Experience
Coach em up Ability
Motivation
Knowledge" ?

Talent follows talent, so the coaches who build a program with top players often get other top players to come aboard. Many of the names you list in the up and comers category are better marketers than coaches. They can run a big organization and get it to expand. They are not particularly good coaches. They dont call pitches, they dont have a particular play or strategy. They have players who physical abilities combined with some skills training can produce top results. A person with little or no softball experience could win with the talent on those teams.

I will say given the talent that Impact Gold has, if they do not finish in the top 10, they would have underachieved and I would blame it on the coach. Now, if one of the lesser known gold teams finished top 10, I would say the coach had a lot to do with it.
93players

by justawatcher » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:27 am

How did Scott and Brian not make the "Old Faithfuls" list is the better question.
justawatcher

by CULater » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 am

You should add
Magic- Rabbit or whoever will be coaching that team
Storm - Wymer
Power - Krysiak
CULater

by WACdad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Ken Glass should be in the top "proven" category. He has
been coaching this team for 21 years and is one of the best
teachers of the game around.
WACdad

by freetacos » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Forget Tx Firecrackers May. This female person is a cancer to fastpitch softball. Count the teams that she has destroyed over the years...This goes way way back.

If you put your daughters future in her hands then you are a fool and your kid will suffer.
She is a total head case that has been sent packing by every Houston team that she has been in contact with. Kicked out of Spring Klein Girls Softball league years ago.

Ask her for her year by year coaching experience over the last 10 years.

not a fan

ft
freetacos

by 93players » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Is the Texas Firecrackers May out of Waco? How did they qualify for ASA Gold -- what tournament? I have never seen or heard of them?
93players

by CULater » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 pm

They qualified down in Florida at the Southern Territory qualifier. I don't think they are out of Waco, their kids are out of Houston area for the most part.
CULater

by texasugly1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:28 am

CULater wrote:They qualified down in Florida at the Southern Territory qualifier. I don't think they are out of Waco, their kids are out of Houston area for the most part.

They went to Florida instead of playing the ASA qualifier in their own back yard(houston).. Guess they knew they could not beat the other houston teams..
texasugly1

by TexasYellowBall » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Coach May has had troubles over the years, but she did qualify for gold nationals her first year with a new team.

The Texas Firecrackers went to the first qualifier available to Texas teams. The tournament in Florida was a Southern region qualifier. It was not the same weekend as the qualifier in Houston. By the time the Texas qualifiers took place they were already qualified. They could not have attended a tournament " In their backyard" or their front yard. They already punched their ticket.
TexasYellowBall

Next

Return to TX