Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by PDad » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Revisiting this since it looks like HC Garrett is returning...

Battle wrote:..JJ does need to quit trying to coach. Damn is he ever going to learn that? He sucks at it and most GMs know that except for him. For the love of God, please sit down, have a coke and a smile, and STFU Jerry! Hire somebody that you can fire if my beloved Cowboys are not winning! ...

...Where is the slam on Garrett? He is awful as a head coach! Most everyone agrees with JJ not being competent as a HC or a GM but Garrett is just as bad...ie...Weeden's success with Houston. That tells me that Garrett sucks at preparing for a game that is not in his lane. Everything has to be perfect for him to have any success.

The GM and HC issues are intertwined - a real GM would fire Garrett and a top coach won't put up with JJ's meddling.

I saw a stat summary for the QBs and Weeden's numbers looked best - maybe JJ is the one to blame for pulling him...

Now that the 2015 season has officially come to an end for the 'boys, their fans can look forward to drafting 4th overall and an easier 4th-place schedule (TB & SF instead of GB & Sea should be worth 1-2 wins).

Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys
Let 'em be Broncos and Packers and such
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:52 pm

PDad wrote:Revisiting this since it looks like HC Garrett is returning...

Battle wrote:..JJ does need to quit trying to coach. Damn is he ever going to learn that? He sucks at it and most GMs know that except for him. For the love of God, please sit down, have a coke and a smile, and STFU Jerry! Hire somebody that you can fire if my beloved Cowboys are not winning! ...

...Where is the slam on Garrett? He is awful as a head coach! Most everyone agrees with JJ not being competent as a HC or a GM but Garrett is just as bad...ie...Weeden's success with Houston. That tells me that Garrett sucks at preparing for a game that is not in his lane. Everything has to be perfect for him to have any success.

The GM and HC issues are intertwined - a real GM would fire Garrett and a top coach won't put up with JJ's meddling.

I saw a stat summary for the QBs and Weeden's numbers looked best - maybe JJ is the one to blame for pulling him...

Now that the 2015 season has officially come to an end for the 'boys, their fans can look forward to drafting 4th overall and an easier 4th-place schedule (TB & SF instead of GB & Sea should be worth 1-2 wins).

Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys
Let 'em be STEELERS and Packers and such

Fixed it for you... :mrgreen:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:32 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys

Nah, Black and Gold has gotten really old...

I'll change it to the Squealers if they get past the Bungles and the Broncos.

BTW, noticed your boy Manti playing. Didn't see his girlfriend... :lol:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:10 am

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys

Nah, Black and Gold has gotten really old...

I'll change it to the Squealers if they get past the Bungles and the Broncos.

Well he may not be 1st round quality but he's no bust. But he definitely should have made that tackle on Hillman in the 4th.

It'll be interesting to see if the two teams can control their emotions. Last time the Bengals and Steelers played the benches just about cleared.

Not sure anyone can beat Seattle this year, but if anyone can from the AFC it'll be the Steelers, strictly because of the offensive capability.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:01 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:I'll change it to the Squealers if they get past the Bungles and the Broncos.

Well he may not be 1st round quality but he's no bust. But he definitely should have made that tackle on Hillman in the 4th.

Manti's stats are respectable. He had little to no chance to get Hillman - Addae should have...
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Hillman-takes-off-for-a-23-yard-touchdown/c8ecf048-9c0e-427b-b0fe-83ca0a67fd57

Not sure anyone can beat Seattle this year, but if anyone can from the AFC it'll be the Steelers, strictly because of the offensive capability.

I doubt either of those teams will be in the Super Bowl. Pitt had a strong offense last year and they lost in WC round...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:52 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:I'll change it to the Squealers if they get past the Bungles and the Broncos.

Manti's stats are respectable. He had little to no chance to get Hillman - Addae should have...
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Hillman-takes-off-for-a-23-yard-touchdown/c8ecf048-9c0e-427b-b0fe-83ca0a67fd57

I doubt either of those teams will be in the Super Bowl. Pitt had a strong offense last year and they lost in WC round...

Disagree with both.

Te'o got an arm on him and had he read the play better he would have (and should have) wrapped him up.

Although I think it will be difficult for the Steelers to overcome their injuries and their young and inconsistent defense, they have just as good a shot as anyone with the way the other teams are playing and the state of injuries amongst the other AFC opponents they could face.

It's interesting to me that now that Manning may be back and looking revitalized and as good or better than he has all season (IMO) in that last game, that the #1 seed is almost a dark horse and the #6 is one of the favorites.

And of course if they get some of their key pieces back you can never count out the Patriots.

I would be extremely surprised to see KC, Houston or the Bengals make it to the SB.

I've been on the 'Hawks bandwagon (pertaining to their chances of making and/or winning the SB) since the Steelers game. They've had one hiccup and are getting Lynch back. What do you see there that makes you doubt them?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:27 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Te'o got an arm on him and had he read the play better he would have (and should have) wrapped him up.
C'mon, the same could be said about other players - and on just about any play. :roll:

It's interesting to me that now that Manning may be back and looking revitalized and as good or better than he has all season (IMO) in that last game, that the #1 seed is almost a dark horse and the #6 is one of the favorites.
That's some seriously twisted logic! :lol:

And of course if they get some of their key pieces back you can never count out the Patriots.
Too many missing pieces for them to beat strong teams back-to-back.

I would be extremely surprised to see KC, Houston or the Bengals make it to the SB.
KC is on a serious roll...

I've been on the 'Hawks bandwagon (pertaining to their chances of making and/or winning the SB) since the Steelers game. They've had one hiccup and are getting Lynch back. What do you see there that makes you doubt them?

"Getting Lynch back" doesn't mean he's 100% nor he won't be re-injured. They had Lynch when Panthers beat them in Seattle. Seahawk's defense isn't as strong as previous years...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:45 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:Te'o got an arm on him and had he read the play better he would have (and should have) wrapped him up.
C'mon, the same could be said about other players - and on just about any play. :roll:

That's some seriously twisted logic! :lol:

Too many missing pieces for them to beat strong teams back-to-back.

KC is on a serious roll...

"Getting Lynch back" doesn't mean he's 100% nor he won't be re-injured. They had Lynch when Panthers beat them in Seattle. Seahawk's defense isn't as strong as previous years...

We'll just have to agree to disagree. move on and see how it plays out.

I'm curious, did you play football in HS or college or do you make most of your observations as an educated fan (or like me, both)?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:We'll just have to agree to disagree. move on and see how it plays out.
Okay, you have your favorites and I have the field... 8-)

I'm curious, did you play football in HS or college or do you make most of your observations as an educated fan (or like me, both)?

No, I was a skinny basketball player in HS. FB players and coach tried to recruit me, but I knew my limitations - good enough to play for our school, but too small against our bigger opponents.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:48 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:We'll just have to agree to disagree. move on and see how it plays out.
Okay, you have your favorites and I have the field... 8-)

No, I was a skinny basketball player in HS. FB players and coach tried to recruit me, but I knew my limitations - good enough to play for our school, but too small against our bigger opponents.

Yeah I resemble that remark, but I played football anyway. I threw caution to the wind (sometimes the wind would blow me over).

A small aside - a lot of people don't realize that football is more of a mental game than a physical game. Yes, more so in my day, but the ones that have "it" are still the best players. I'm a huge fan of Manti's being that he's the best friend of the son of one of my best friends from college. It's what makes me know that he's a good person and know that he had no clue during the fake girlfriend debacle. But I'm beginning to think that he may not have the "it" that it takes to be among the elite LBs in the NFL. Serviceable and at times above average, yes. Elite...probably not.

I look forward to the chance of being wrong.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX