Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by Battle » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Even with the bad luck, we had enough good luck to go to overtime or have a chance at the end of the game. That's all one could ask for but you can't over come not being prepared. The whole game, the Cowboys looked unprepared. That's the coach's responsibilty.

Oh well, Go Texans.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jbat13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am

The Dallas loss falls on the shoulders of Romo and Garrett. Romo needs to call 2 plays in the huddle and know the clock. Garrett needs to better understand time management. They both choked under pressure!

As far as the Texans, back to the drawing board after Rodgers picked them apart firing shots from everywhere. GO PACK GO! :mrgreen:
jbat13

by Battle » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

I think that was the best comeback to have the most disappointing end of a cowboy game in a long time. Am I the only one wondering why in the hell Garrett called pass plays with 3rd and 1 and then again with 4th and 1?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by slaphitter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:53 pm

The Cowboys look like lost puppies wandering around looking for their mother.
Receivers running bad routes. Romo tossing it up sometimes just for a grab bag. No offensive line blocking, no running game.
That falls on the shoulders of the head coach, that the team is in such disarray.
He really should go back to doing some other job he can handle. He sure can't handle this one up to this point in time.
I'm saying all this and I'm a Cowboy fan. Always have been. Always will be.
slaphitter

by jbat13 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:51 am

The head coach is responsible for his team. It comes with the good & bad. Just look at Andy Reid in Philly. At some point, you are either going to replace your QB and start someone who can give you a chance to win or you're going to be replaced as a coach. Both Garrett & Reid are the play callers so it's going to be one or the other. You are only as good as your last game. :mrgreen:
jbat13

by DonnieS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 pm

slaphitter wrote:The Cowboys look like lost puppies wandering around looking for their mother.
Receivers running bad routes. Romo tossing it up sometimes just for a grab bag. No offensive line blocking, no running game.
That falls on the shoulders of the head coach, that the team is in such disarray.
He really should go back to doing some other job he can handle. He sure can't handle this one up to this point in time.
I'm saying all this and I'm a Cowboy fan. Always have been. Always will be.

It sounds awful the way you said it - but its exactly the truth. You are being completely realistic. Dammin. To be honest, I gave up on their chances when Romo dropped the ball in Seattle, I still root for them, hurt for every loss , yell and scream at the television, but, until Romo, Garrett, and Jones (Jerry) 1) growup, 2) become honest about the situation and/or 3) get brain transplants, its over.

To us old timers, this aint the first time. Tom Landry had two illegitimate sons, Tony Fritz and Danny White, and those days were awful because we knew until they left, we would never win again. The difference between then and now - is this team has the talent, but it doesnt have the heart. A sports caster the other night laid out what the difference is between talented losers, like Romo , and winners like Steve Young, Big Ben, the Manning boys, and a few others, it was the difference was the winners have a "not over my dead body" attitude about losing, and whichever attitude the qb has, its contagious.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jbat13 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:01 am

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he will always be GM.

Jerry Jones said he is not going to sell his team and he isn’t going to hire a general manager to take his place either.

Jones was asked Tuesday if he would ever step down as the general manager.

“We are not structured that way,” he said on KRLD-FM radio, a Dallas radio station. “We didn’t structure it that way with my ownership. There’s no way that I would be involved here and not be the final decision-maker on something as important as players, and that is a key area. That’s never been anybody’s misunderstanding.”

Jones and the Cowboys have complied a 123-124 regular season record since 1997. The Cowboys have won just two playoff games since their last Super Bowl appearance after the 1995 season.

“We’ve had success doing it this way and we’re going to have success in the future doing it this way,” Jones said. “It eliminates some very serious issues when you look around the league, as to creating an additional layer that you’re continually having decisions, making changes and doing those kinds of things.”

So there you have it ladies & gentlemen......... :o
jbat13

by DonnieS » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 pm

jbat13 wrote:Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he will always be GM.

Jerry Jones said he is not going to sell his team and he isn’t going to hire a general manager to take his place either.

Jones was asked Tuesday if he would ever step down as the general manager.

“We are not structured that way,” he said on KRLD-FM radio, a Dallas radio station. “We didn’t structure it that way with my ownership. There’s no way that I would be involved here and not be the final decision-maker on something as important as players, and that is a key area. That’s never been anybody’s misunderstanding.”

Jones and the Cowboys have complied a 123-124 regular season record since 1997. The Cowboys have won just two playoff games since their last Super Bowl appearance after the 1995 season.

“We’ve had success doing it this way and we’re going to have success in the future doing it this way,” Jones said. “It eliminates some very serious issues when you look around the league, as to creating an additional layer that you’re continually having decisions, making changes and doing those kinds of things.”

So there you have it ladies & gentlemen......... :o

Well, it does eliminate some very serious issues, like longer seasons, all that travel going to the playoff games, etc.etc. He does have a point.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 pm

bigbaddude wrote:Yes, a win to keep Garrett around another week. "thumbs up"

I know - its crazy here, big headlines on the local paper, Cowboys - Season Saver. Gimme a break, the two teams are so pitiful , they are both 3 and 5 or they were. And the Houston Texans who were 7-1 beat the Bears (my wife's team) 7-1 and its buried in the back of the sports. Maybe JJ owns the local paper.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

DonnieS wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:Yes, a win to keep Garrett around another week. "thumbs up"

I know - its crazy here, big headlines on the local paper, Cowboys - Season Saver. Gimme a break, the two teams are so pitiful , they are both 3 and 5 or they were. And the Houston Texans who were 7-1 beat the Bears (my wife's team) 7-1 and its buried in the back of the sports. Maybe JJ owns the local paper.

...and 3 Vince Lombardi Trophies... :mrgreen:
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to TX