Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:04 am

Battle wrote::lol: You guys kill me...The extra point was the deciding factor otherwise it would have been tied at the end of the 4th. Brady had 4 sacks for 18 yards and Manning had 3 sacks for 31 yards. Time of possession for each team was basically 50/50 with 12 sec difference. Denver played a good game but the hype about Brady being "ruled" is just an opinion at best when you look at the stats. Manning wasn't much better against a lesser defense. The W/L record between Brady and Manning isn't even close. I think it's 11 for 17 for Brady.
As far as Phillips and Ware...You're welcome for Ware courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys and you're welcome for Phillips courtesy of Texas....Either way, you just can't get away from Texas.... :lol:

20 QB hits on Brady compared to 4 for Manning.

That's as lopsided as it gets my friend.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Battle wrote::lol: You guys kill me...The extra point was the deciding factor otherwise it would have been tied at the end of the 4th.

Look who's singing Woulda Coulda Shoulda now... :roll: :lol: The outcome of a game is the sum total of everything that happened in it. Fools disregard that basic truth and point to single events as a "deciding factor" in the result. FWIW, the fact the missed extra point happened so early in the game greatly lessened its impact in the Broncos winning in regulation. There were other factors that arguably kept NE from winning in regulation and still others that kept Denver from winning by more. You and FPD05 are free to sing a duet, but I'm not interested in fools' follies.

Brady had 4 sacks for 18 yards and Manning had 3 sacks for 31 yards. Time of possession for each team was basically 50/50 with 12 sec difference. Denver played a good game but the hype about Brady being "ruled" is just an opinion at best when you look at the stats. ...<irrelevant gibberish>

You conveniently omitted Brady had 2 INTs... Brady was rattled and his stats sucked until after both Denver's safeties were injured late in the game and opened the middle for Gronk. His first touchdown "drive" was only 22 yards due to Denver's turnover. I give Brady major props for the way he avoided negative plays late in the game when Denver's pass rush had him in their grasp many times because most QBs would have gone down, thrown a pick and/or been called for intentional grounding.

Bottom line is you picked NE on the basis of Brady dominating the game and you've already admitted you were wrong about that. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-couldnt-take-the-pressure/
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:16 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote::lol: You guys kill me...The extra point was the deciding factor otherwise it would have been tied at the end of the 4th.

Look who's singing Woulda Coulda Shoulda now... :roll: :lol: The outcome of a game is the sum total of everything that happened in it. Fools disregard that basic truth and point to single events as a "deciding factor" in the result. FWIW, the fact the missed extra point happened so early in the game greatly lessened its impact in the Broncos winning in regulation. There were other factors that arguably kept NE from winning in regulation and still others that kept Denver from winning by more. You and FPD05 are free to sing a duet, but I'm not interested in fools' follies.

Brady had 4 sacks for 18 yards and Manning had 3 sacks for 31 yards. Time of possession for each team was basically 50/50 with 12 sec difference. Denver played a good game but the hype about Brady being "ruled" is just an opinion at best when you look at the stats. ...<irrelevant gibberish>

You conveniently omitted Brady had 2 INTs... Brady was rattled and his stats sucked until after both Denver's safeties were injured late in the game and opened the middle for Gronk. His first touchdown "drive" was only 22 yards due to Denver's turnover. I give Brady major props for the way he avoided negative plays late in the game when Denver's pass rush had him in their grasp many times because most QBs would have gone down, thrown a pick and/or been called for intentional grounding.

Bottom line is you picked NE on the basis of Brady dominating the game and you've already admitted you were wrong about that. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-couldnt-take-the-pressure/

It's a real stretch to lump me in with Battle here. Apples and oranges really.

One thing for certain, I'm the only content fan of the three of us.

Rant on my friends... ;)
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:41 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:One thing for certain, I'm the only content fan of the three of us.

You're mistaken there - I'm very content Denver won their division, got the #1 seed and knocked off both your Stealers and the defending champ Pats to reach the Super Bowl. They certainly didn't look like contenders when Manning played poorly or when he missed games, so they've achieved far more than I thought this season.

Denver's coaching and defense kept their season from resembling Dallas's.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:22 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:One thing for certain, I'm the only content fan of the three of us.

You're mistaken there - I'm very content Denver won their division, got the #1 seed and knocked off both your Stealers and the defending champ Pats to reach the Super Bowl. They certainly didn't look like contenders when Manning played poorly or when he missed games, so they've achieved far more than I thought this season.

I guess I'm wrong. I just thought I sensed some angst in your posts.

Also, using Squealers and Stealers seems a bit juvenile and below your standard and in my experience is usually indicative of a fan who is bitter about and makes excuses for the Steelers success. Sort of a disgruntled woulda, coulda, shoulda mentality. ;)
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:15 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:

Also, using Squealers and Stealers seems a bit juvenile and below your standard (mea culpa for following Battle's lead) and in my experience is usually indicative of a fan who is bitter about and makes excuses for the Steelers success. Sort of a disgruntled woulda, coulda, shoulda mentality. ;)

There you go with your twisted logic again... :roll: Your forced attempt to pin that back on me is nonsensical and makes you look desperate. Patience Grasshopper, your opportunity will come.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:12 pm

PDad wrote:

Well duh...There is always something a team could've done different to win a game but that's not what we are talking about. The kicker missed an extra point that would've sent the game to overtime. With all the rushes, Brady still did pretty good against the #1 defense. The missed extra point was out of his control.
Brady had 4 sacks for 18 yards and Manning had 3 sacks for 31 yards. Time of possession for each team was basically 50/50 with 12 sec difference. Denver played a good game but the hype about Brady being "ruled" is just an opinion at best when you look at the stats. ...<irrelevant gibberish>You want it to be irrelevant but it is relevant. Manning's stat's weren't that much better.

You conveniently omitted Brady had 2 INTs... Brady was rattled and his stats sucked until after both Denver's safeties were injured late Oh boo hoo...as you conveniently left out how injury riddled NE was in the game and opened the middle for Gronk. His first touchdown "drive" was only 22 yards due to Denver's turnover. I give Brady major props for the way he avoided negative plays late in the game when Denver's pass rush had him in their grasp many times because most QBs would have gone down, thrown a pick and/or been called for intentional grounding.

If you and FPD05 want to think Denver beat the crap out of NE, go ahead. That missed extra point was a gift to Manning because I think Brady "Cool hand Luke" woulda came through in the end. :D
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:16 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:

Also, using Squealers and Stealers seems a bit juvenile and below your standard and in my experience is usually indicative of a fan who is bitter about and makes excuses for the Steelers success. Sort of a disgruntled woulda, coulda, shoulda mentality. ;)

Oh for crying out loud....Well if I can't talk about the Squeelers anymore can I still call Seattle the Seacocks.... Please don't take that away from me too....:lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:

Well duh...There is always something a team could've done different to win a game but that's not what we are talking about. The kicker missed an extra point that would've sent the game to overtime. With all the rushes, Brady still did pretty good against the #1 defense. The missed extra point was out of his control.
I'd agree IF the extra point was missed at the very end of the game instead of the 1st quarter.
Brady had 4 sacks for 18 yards and Manning had 3 sacks for 31 yards. Time of possession for each team was basically 50/50 with 12 sec difference. Denver played a good game but the hype about Brady being "ruled" is just an opinion at best when you look at the stats. ...<irrelevant gibberish>You want it to be irrelevant but it is relevant. Manning's stat's weren't that much better.
Manning's stats are irrelevant to Brady's performance.

You conveniently omitted Brady had 2 INTs... Brady was rattled and his stats sucked until after both Denver's safeties were injured late Oh boo hoo...as you conveniently left out how injury riddled NE was (not nearly as injury riddled as they were at the end of the season. My point was Brady's performance sucked until a "deciding factor" opened things up for him) in the game and opened the middle for Gronk. His first touchdown "drive" was only 22 yards due to Denver's turnover. I give Brady major props for the way he avoided negative plays late in the game when Denver's pass rush had him in their grasp many times because most QBs would have gone down, thrown a pick and/or been called for intentional grounding.

If you and FPD05 want to think Denver beat the crap out of NE, go ahead. (We never said nor suggested that.) That missed extra point was a gift to Manning because I think Brady "Cool hand Luke" woulda came through in the end. :D

Whatever helps you cope with being wrong... :roll:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:

I'd agree IF the extra point was missed at the very end of the game instead of the 1st quarter. It doesn't matter if it was missed at the beginning or end of the game. Are you really saying if the extra point was made, the game wouldn't have played out different? Really? That's a little desperate.
Manning's stats are irrelevant to Brady's performance. Not when they are that close.

You conveniently omitted Brady had 2 INTs... Brady was rattled and his stats sucked until after both Denver's safeties were injured late Oh boo hoo...as you conveniently left out how injury riddled NE was (not nearly as injury riddled as they were at the end of the season. My point was Brady's performance sucked until a "deciding factor" opened things up for him) in the game and opened the middle for Gronk. His first touchdown "drive" was only 22 yards due to Denver's turnover. I give Brady major props for the way he avoided negative plays late in the game when Denver's pass rush had him in their grasp many times because most QBs would have gone down, thrown a pick and/or been called for intentional grounding.

If you and FPD05 want to think Denver beat the crap out of NE, go ahead. (We never said nor suggested that.) That missed extra point was a gift to Manning because I think Brady "Cool hand Luke" woulda came through in the end. :D

Whatever helps you cope with being wrong... :roll:

Well when I'm wrong I will say I'm wrong but if I don't say it...You would never know... :o :lol:
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to TX